This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci Fi Investigates

Hey what do youthink of this new show on teh SCi Fi channel. The premise sounds goodbut ifthey had to out Boston Rob on it to give the "celebrity" apeal i fell that it is doomed.

The SFC used to air a lot of documentaries and docu-drama shows like that when they first started. Haven't seen "Sci Fi Investigates" yet so I can't really comment or compare it with similar programs.

Funny thing is that the "Animal Planet Channel", "History Channel", and "Discovery Channel" often air speculative/ SciFi like documentary programs that cover topics from UFO's, future weapons, etc etc to possible future evolution or other/off world species. One wonders why the SFC can't do something similar. Not only would such a program be eductional and informative, but it can be entertaining without having a ridiculous "catch" or "shock" value in it.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Yea, but the thing that puzzles me is that they have this very scientific cast, you know people who it makes sense for them to be there and then they have a former contestant on survivor?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
        Yea, but the thing that puzzles me is that they have this very scientific cast, you know people who it makes sense for them to be there and then they have a former contestant on survivor?
        C'mon, it's Sci-Fi we're talking about here. We're not supposed to be able to understand the decisions they make sometimes.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
        X