X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's in charge of SG-1?

Seriously,
    Did Carter just come back and take the second seat to Mitchell? Is she in charge? Is no one in charge?

im not 100% sure but wasnt sg-1 labelled cams team? although it sounds bad that sam came back to be second. anyone know for sure?

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Well,
      In the premere of Season 9, Mitchell came in to lead SG-1. And Carter wasn't coming back. She eventually did. They're the same rank, so by military standards, I don't think they can give each other orders, and I can't think of an instance where either of them "lead" the team.

So is no one in charge?

Comment

technically, cam is, but theyve brought this up on the show itself. in one episode, came goes "teal'c is an alien, daniel is a civilian, and sam and i are the same rank. i learned a long time ago that i... blah blah blah" i cant remember what he says after that.

Comment

Since they are of the same rank, Cam and Sam co-lead the team. Its been established that Cam isn't the leader (in a way).
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Xornok
            technically, cam is, but theyve brought this up on the show itself. in one episode, came goes "teal'c is an alien, daniel is a civilian, and sam and i are the same rank. i learned a long time ago that i... blah blah blah" i cant remember what he says after that.
            I remember this, it was the ep right before 200, was Landry trying to get him to lead the team, cause I gotta say, I don't like the new guy coming in and taking over carter's spot.
            I guess I'm just confused because Carter actually lead SG-1 in season 8...and now she doesn't....sorta...
            Screw it, just bring back o'neil.

Comment

Originally posted by revJonathan
              Well,
              In the premere of Season 9, Mitchell came in to lead SG-1. And Carter wasn't coming back. She eventually did. They're the same rank, so by military standards, I don't think they can give each other orders, and I can't think of an instance where either of them "lead" the team.

So is no one in charge?
              Mitchell was given command in "Avalon, Part 1", at a time when there was nobody else on SG-1. Sam's status hasn't been mentioned, but Mitchell acknowledges that as she holds the same rank as he does, with Daniel as a civilian and Teal'c and Vala as aliens, he can't control anything.

The only time I can think of off-hand where one of them seemed to be clearly in command of a mission was Sam in "Stronghold".

My best guess would be that even if Mitchell is officially in command, there is an unspoken understanding that he and Sam share leadership and that he is to defer to the experience and expertise of all of his teammates (with the possible exception of Vala) depending on the situation.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Xornok

i remember that.... what episode was that?

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Dr McKay
                  i remember that.... what episode was that?
                  "Insiders" I believe.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

they're both the same rank but carter is the real commander/leader of sg1 no matter what camshaft thinks
                    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

According to Stargate canon, Cameron Mitchell is the leader of SG-1. The reason Carter is not the commanding officer is because the SG-1 she lead was disbanded, and Cam's is the "new" SG-1.

Since there is a plethora of threads discussing this issue form every angle and perspective know to man, I'm going to close this thread on the grounds of redundancy.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                      X