This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Ori Ascend first or second?

The mesterious plague that supposedly drove the ancients from the MW was it caused by Ascended Ori as an act of revenge. If they did how come they were not able to track them to pegasus? Or were they higher on the evolutionary scale like the priors using enlightenment causing the ancients to flee then find ways of catching up by using their technology to ascend?

Probably first, and if anyone used tech to ascend it was probably the ancients.

The Ori did not have to run in shreds to the other corner of the universe, all they had to do was set up their little corner and ascend. Their technology suggests that while the Ancients were travelling they continued technologically evolving, beyond the level to which the Ancients eventually achieved in MW. However, they did seem to ascend before they reached a Lantian level of technology..

Comment

since they didn't come to finish the alterans off i'd say ori thenshortly alterans
      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
        since they didn't come to finish the alterans off i'd say ori thenshortly alterans
        Yeah that makes sense. I think the Ori would have ascended first and them the Alterans after the plague.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Pretty much, the reason for the war, at least as far as the Ori point, was ascension, religion, enlightenment, so I think they were the first to ascend, but the ascended Ori, if in fact the plague was created by the Ori, probably didn't unleash it on the Ancient's, it was perhaps those Ori who hadn't yet ascended. They could have been told by the ascended Ori, where the Ancient's were, and sent someone to the Milky Way to unleash the plague.

Comment

im confused

the ancients came to the milky way over like 5 million years ago or something like thaT then to the pegasus then back to the milky way then they ascended
            if thats the case then the ancients who were at the beginning of the travel would of just died and not ascended

but the ori said because they were higher beings they wanted to lesser being to worship them and so the ancients left aND that would mean the ori were already ascended and the ancints left and then they ascened through tech or prayer

im baffled
            sigpic

Comment

It's very probable the Ancients started Ascending way before the plague started killing them off. For one thing, they used the Dakarra device and then left for Pegasus. Meanwhile, the Ascended Ancients were shielding the Milky Way from the Ori so they wouldn't find out new life had sprung up on Earth.

Also, the mysterious plague could also have been man-made by the would-be Ori when they were still mortal.

We don't have any kind of indication of who Ascended first.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
                im confused

the ancients came to the milky way over like 5 million years ago or something like thaT then to the pegasus then back to the milky way then they ascended
                if thats the case then the ancients who were at the beginning of the travel would of just died and not ascended

but the ori said because they were higher beings they wanted to lesser being to worship them and so the ancients left aND that would mean the ori were already ascended and the ancints left and then they ascened through tech or prayer

im baffled
                The split between the Ori and the Alterans was more than 50 million years ago because the oldest gate in the milkyway system was dated at 50 million years.

What probably happened was that the because of the philosophical differences between the Ori and the Alterans grew to such a point that the two could no longer stand to around each other. Perhaps the Ori siezed power in their home galaxy and outlawed science in favor of religion. The group of people that became the Alterans couldn't stand that so instead of staying under an oppresive regime, they opted to leave. We don't know if the race that became the Ori and Alterans controled their entire galaxy or just a few planets but we do know that the Alterans felt they had to get as far away as possible from the Ori.

So 50 million years ago, they arrive at Earth, like what they see and put a Stargate down and procede to build a galatic empire. Not knowing how long they travelled or how far, we can not pinpoint the Ori galaxy in relation to the Milkyway but we can surmise that they are very far away from each other since the Ori and the Alterans had such profound differences.

The Ori favored religion over scientific advancement but not knowing how advanced they were before the split, its hard to guess where they stopped. I would hazard a guess since the Alterans had ships that could achieve intergalatic travel, its not too far off the mark that in the home galaxy there was a gate system.

So what happened between the time of the split more than 50 million years ago to the time of the plague 5-7 millon years ago? Did the Alterans start to ascend then or when they came back from the Pegasus galaxy 10,000 years ago? Did the Ori ascend first and then create humans to worship them to gain more power?

What I think, is that when the plague hit or shortly after, we don't have any concrete evidence that it was started by the Ori, the Alterans started to ascend. I do not believe that all of the Ancients went to the Pegasus galaxy on Atlantis simply for the fact that they had a galaitic empire and probably had a populations in the billions, too many to fit on Atlantis. Those that remained behind in the Milkyway and survived the plague, created the Dakara device to reseed the Milkyway galaxy with life. Those that left on Atlantis became the Lantians. We've seen the difference Lantians and Alterans technology and architecture, Atlantis was clearly more advance than any thing we've seen in the Milkyway. Perhaps Atlantis was a last ditch effort to save thier species. No plague though is 100% fatal, there should have been some survivors in the Milkyway, they reseeded the milkyway with life and the ascended. Once ascended, they may have realized that the Ori started the plague as some sort of revenge, so they hid the milkyway and probably the pegasus galaxy to protect the Lantians.

I believe since the Ori gain strength from their worshippers, that they would have ascended second because if they arrived on the ascended plane only to discover their old enemies already there, they would have looked for a way defeat them. Now if they ascended first, what would stop them from wiping the Alterans out with a thought? We've seen that the Alterans wiped the civilization that Orlin helped, its possible the Ori could have done the same.
                Now if the Ori had worshippers before they ascended, playing gods before they became gods, the Alterans would have seen that and that is also why they hid the Milkyway to keep it safe.

We've seen evidence in Atlantis that the Lantians were researching ascension, it is possible that they saw their brothers and sisters ascend but were unable to do so themselves and thats why they were researching it. Clearly we know that some Lantians ascended, Merlin and Morgan. They realized the threat the Ori posed and decided to do something about it, since the other ascended would not.

So thats my long winded explanation on who ascended first. A lot of it is speculation on my part though.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                  Pretty much, the reason for the war, at least as far as the Ori point, was ascension, religion, enlightenment, so I think they were the first to ascend, but the ascended Ori, if in fact the plague was created by the Ori, probably didn't unleash it on the Ancient's, it was perhaps those Ori who hadn't yet ascended. They could have been told by the ascended Ori, where the Ancient's were, and sent someone to the Milky Way to unleash the plague.
                  I agree with you post. That is a likely scenario.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm now wondering when the split occurred, was it actually 50 million years ago, or more like 10 million, or 5 million? The Ancient's could have brought that Stargate from their home galaxy, it said that they built many astria porta when they arrived, but not that they didn't bring any with them. And, the people on the Ori planets seem relatively new, they could have been created in the last 200,000 years to combat what the Ori perceive as the Ancient threat.

Comment

Both at the same time

Comment

Working...
                      X