This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goa'uld are the Ori!

I was watching "Absolute Power" from season 4 and I noticed something about the AG3 weapons that Daniel created. Obviously it was Goa'uld tech, so that means Shi'fu must have been showing him something coupled with Ancient Tech, using his ascended knowledge, which means the AG3s are closer to Ori Tech than Goa'uld, and if you look at how the weapon was fired it is VERY similar to the weapon the Ori placed around Tegalus...now this sparked another train of thought in my head, what if the Goa'uld are responsible for creating the Ori?

I know how crazy that sounds but...think about it...what do we know about the Ancients, Ori, Ascended Beings and Goa'uld?

Ancients
    Highly Evolved race with great power and understanding of the universe.
    Not perfect but certainty one of the more moral races we've encountered, by no means war like and egomaniacal, but will defend themselves.

Goa'uld
    Power hungry, Evil.
    Pose as Gods to impose their will.

Ascended Beings
    Peaceful, more interested in minding their own business than ruling over "lesser beings"

Ori
    Power hungry, Evil.
    Zap energy from their followers to gain power.

My theory is...what if a group of Alterrans were infested by symbiotes (we know that the Ancients would have been on the Goa'uld home world because there’s a stargate there) and recognized the power that they could gain by acending. I mean both the Ori and Goa'uld's cultures are religion based, so isn't it possible that these Alterrans with the snakes in them could have gathered a following and learned to ascend? Thus creating the Ori? The only reason Goa'uld can't really ascend now is because the other Ancients are blocking them but this was before they ascended so it may be possible...any thoughts?
    Last edited by All hail the USAF; 27 September 2006, 10:31 AM.
    McKay:...ZedPM
    O'Neill: Zed?
    Jackson: He's Canadian
    O'Neill: I'm sorry

If that were the case, the Goa'uld woudn't have had to salvage technology from other cultures. They would have had the knowledge, from your Alteran hosts, to make what ever they wanted.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
      If that were the case, the Goa'uld woudn't have had to salvage technology from other cultures. They would have had the knowledge, from your Alteran hosts, to make what ever they wanted.

No no I'm talking about a small handful of Goa'uld infecting the ALterans, the rest would of had to evolve and go on their one seperate way

Comment

I thought this was already discussed. IMHO the Alterans were advanced enough that a symbiote would not be able to take over the host. The Alteran mind would most likely be much stronget willed than any human. I don't think they would be able to do it. Although, if they did we would be in some serious trouble.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz
          I thought this was already discussed. IMHO the Alterans were advanced enough that a symbiote would not be able to take over the host. The Alteran mind would most likely be much stronget willed than any human. I don't think they would be able to do it. Although, if they did we would be in some serious trouble.
          I thought that what was discused was whether or not a Goa'uld could take a Prior not an Alteran

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
            I was watching "Absolute Power" from season 4 and I noticed something about the AG3 weapons that Daniel created. Obviously it was Goa'uld tech, so that means Shi'fu must have been showing him something coupled with Ancient Tech, using his ascended knowledge, which means the AG3s are closer to Ori Tech than Goa'uld, and if you look at how the weapon was fired it is VERY similar to the weapon the Ori placed around Tegalus...now this sparked another train of thought in my head, what if the Goa'uld are responsible for creating the Ori?

I know how crazy that sounds but...think about it...what do we know about the Ancients, Ori, Ascended Beings and Goa'uld?

Ancients
            Not perfect but certainty one of the more moral races we've encountered, by no means war like and egomaniacal, but will defend themselves.

Goa'uld
            Power hungry, Evil.

Ascended Beings
            Peaceful, more interested in minding their own business than ruling over "lesser beings"

Ori
            Power hungry, Evil.

My theory is...what if a group of Alterrans were infested by symbiotes (we know that the Ancients would have been on the Goa'uld home world because there’s a stargate there) and recognized the power that they could gain by acending. I mean both the Ori and Goa'uld's cultures are religion based, so isn't it possible that these Alterrans with the snakes in them could have gathered a following and learned to ascend? Thus creating the Ori? The only reason Goa'uld can't really ascend now is because the other Ancients are blocking them but this was before they ascended so it may be possible...any thoughts?
            Shi'fu hadn't Ascended yet. When he went all squiddly at the end of the episode, his clothes were left behind. This only happens if the Ascended being was mortal when they squidded out.

So he didn't Ascend 'til the very end of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF

Ancients

Goa'uld
              Power hungry, Evil.

Ascended Beings

Ori
              Power hungry, Evil.

hate to ruin it but thats 'rubbish' (not trying to be rude in anyway but thats the only way i could put it) the ori and ancients were once one race this has been said many times...the alterans which is what they once called split millions of years ago to avoid war...

the ori chose the path of religion (enlightenment) where as the ancient chose science...

they is no concievable way the ori could be goa'uld...
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

The satellite weapons in "Absolute Power" were based on Goa'uld technology. They were pyramid shaped and powered by Naquadah.

Comment

how do you even know that the AG3 really exist? it may have been just created for that dream. If they really exist why weren't they used?

Comment

The weaopn in absolute power was based on Goa'uld technology which was based on ancient technology
                    Even it were similiar, it would look very different seeing how the Goa'uld had only a minute understanding of Alteran technology and the Tau'ri only have somewhat of a grasp on Goa'uld technology. We have to construct it using our level of technology. Similiar to the Rand Protectorate building the Satellite with Ori help

Comment

Originally posted by Ace-Ventura
                      how do you even know that the AG3 really exist? it may have been just created for that dream. If they really exist why weren't they used?
                      In that episode yes the AG3's were a dream but that dosent mean that the technology dosent exist.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

it's possible they could be built, but seeing as we've never seen evidence of there exsistence i don't think they do...
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

The split between the Ancients and the Ori happened before the Ancients even set foot in the Milky Way, which is where the Goa'uld evolved. And as far as is known, the Goa'uld had never even travelled to another galaxy (well, that's before 'Exodus'), letalone one as distant as the Ori's. In fact, I believe they only achieved hyperspace travel roughly over 10,000 years back or so, whereas the Ancients had been in this galaxy for at least several million years, with the split happening much further back than that.

Comment

The Ancients must of died off before the goa'uld found Earth. The Goa'uld's fisr hosts were the Unas.

Comment

Um.... NO.

http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Working...
                              X