This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of all the unresolved issues in the show

I thought of like 10 things while i was day dreaming in class today but i can only remember a few.

1) There was this episode where Danials uncle or w/e stayed with these Fog people somewhere in the universe to learn the secret of the universe. I mean.. thats like a HUGE thing right there cant beleive they just forgot about that.

2) Those aliens ppl that took over SG1 and had those devices that can mimic appearences. I mean.. thats some advanced techonoogy and the writers didnt bother to follow up on that.. could've at least showed us what the species looked like.. or at least their name!

there were more but cant remember now

Originally posted by Pogo01

1) There was this episode where Danials uncle or w/e stayed with these Fog people somewhere in the universe to learn the secret of the universe. I mean.. thats like a HUGE thing right there cant beleive they just forgot about that.
    "Fog People" Lol...

i believe your talking about the Crystal Skull episode correct..

i believe it to be a one off episode that had no real relivance on the main story, more a characterisation story/self contained episode scenario.

fog people...

Comment

They are called the Fog people.. arent they?

Comment

A lot of the "unresolved" episodes were meant to be stand alone episodes.

The writers don't just write 20 scripts per year and film them all. They toss around dozens of ideas all the time. They write who knows how many scripts. They cull a lot of their ideas and scripts. They also decide to shoot certain scripts based on their availible resources along with various other factors.

The writers and producers don't have a magic wand they can wave to get the actors, sets, props, etc. when they want to do a follow up of an episode from 4 seasons ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
          A lot of the "unresolved" episodes were meant to be stand alone episodes.

The writers don't just write 20 scripts per year and film them all. They toss around dozens of ideas all the time. They write who knows how many scripts. They cull a lot of their ideas and scripts. They also decide to shoot certain scripts based on their availible resources along with various other factors.

The writers and producers don't have a magic wand they can wave to get the actors, sets, props, etc. when they want to do a follow up of an episode from 4 seasons ago.
          I agree with you 100% and thats how I feel about all those episodes. Allthough I liked all those I feel they havev been resolved and don't fell like the TPTB have left alot of unresolved stories.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well who said they had to follow up on it now? I mean they should've followed up on it within 2 seasons or something. I mean if its a small thing then ok no biggy skip over it for all i care. But when they talk about these giant fog people who allowed danials uncle who is the uncle of danial the main character of sg1 to study and share knowledge then thats a BIG deal and should be further explained.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01
              Well who said they had to follow up on it now? I mean they should've followed up on it within 2 seasons or something. I mean if its a small thing then ok no biggy skip over it for all i care. But when they talk about these giant fog people who allowed danials uncle who is the uncle of danial the main character of sg1 to study and share knowledge then thats a BIG deal and should be further explained.
              Actually I agree with tears of blood on this one. I found it as a one episode thing and not a major story arc.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

How would they resolve those episodes without doing a follow up episode? If they just stopped to talk about how those events are resolved, it would hurt the current episode.

Comment

I didnt say to resolve it now although it wouldnt hurt to use them somehow i mean they are the FOg people and if i remember fromthe episode they were intelligent ppl with much to offer cus they know lots of crap. For crying out loud DANIALS UNCLE is with them as a liason between the human race and their species. All we know is that the crystal skull transports u to a cavern. The writers didnt even bother to explain that. Its obvious they are very very very advanced not to mention they have danials uncle. It makes for a great 2nd episode ionno... maybe in season 5 danials uncle comes back and shares all the knowledge like what the crystal skull was protecting besides their home planet. Whwere the planet was.. if it is even in the galaxy. And if they shared any tech or info... something.. i mean seriously how can u guys not see a future episode although i mean.. now its too late but back in season 5 or 6 they could've written an episode as a follow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                    Actually I agree with tears of blood on this one. I found it as a one episode thing and not a major story arc.
                    Agreed. To follow up on things, there would have to be a reason to have an episode dedicated to following up. What, exactly, could they do to follow up on the Crystal Skull that wouldn't be more than Daniel saying "hey guys. My uncle is still doing his thing with those weird aliens that aren't quite in our reality." What else could they actually do beyind that?
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

i know i said uncle the whole time but im rewatching the episode lol. Hes actually the grandfather but hes just as important of a character.

Comment

Incase you guys didnt notice seasons 4-6 although having the main goal of helping replicators and fighting gouald most of the episode were random and im sure the writers couldve fitted in a follow up episode to those fog people. FOr instance "rite of passage" i mean u can prob say now it affected the show in small bits but i would think replacing that with a follow up of the fog people while showing the major stuff that happens in "rite of passage" wouldve had a bigger impact. I mean.. a new ally whos 10x our size whos physical form is of mist or fog who has technology capable of transporting people to who knows where the planet is located.

Comment

Like I said before, the writers producers can't just get what they want whenever they want. They might have tossed around the idea of a "Crystal Skull" follow up episode in season 4 or 5, they might have even started a script, but there could be dozens of reasons as to why they didn't do the episode. Maybe they didn't have the money. Maybe they couldn't get the actor who played Daniel's grandfather. Maybe the special effects department was working on something else. Maybe they had more important episodes to film.

Comment

Oh yeah.. they didnt have the money to follow up on a major event with all the stuff i listed including new allies.. fog people. potentially new galaxy. danials grandfather for in my opinion BS episodes like The Red Sky or Rite of Passage or Beast of Burden. I mean in every episode its 1 story that has nothing to do with the main goal which is kill gouald or help asgard then a side story which has to do with killing gouald or helping asgard. Those 3 episodes were just bs and the side stories could've been incorporated into any other episode including a follow up to the crystal skull.

Comment

I remembered another one. Excuse the way i type lol but there was this episode having to do with alternate realities where another sg1 member goes when the time comes.. cut the "red, blue, green" one lol he said one of those colors. That could've been used in a follow up episode if even just a small roll.

Comment

Working...
                              X