This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Orlin & Merlin Vs. Adria

How come Adrias able to retain the knowledge and have powers when Orlin was not. Morgan Lefay even said to daniel in atlantis that when merlin had created the weapon he had become human again for a time but still wielded great powers and retained a vast majority of ascended knowledge.

Originally posted by Origin1981
    How come Adrias able to retain the knowledge and have powers when Orlin was not. Morgan Lefay even said to daniel in atlantis that when merlin had created the weapon he had become human again for a time but still wielded great powers and retained a vast majority of ascended knowledge.
    Adria was built specifically for her purpose both mentally and genetically. Most importantly the Ori knew her limits “as close to as flesh and blood will allow”.

Orlin was an ascended being who took on human form with not only the memories from his former life but the thousands of years after and supreme knowledge of the universe.
    This is an appeal by evil in distress, please click here to help Bastet defeat her enemies - Stargate online wargame

Comment

Merlin was just a highly evolved human not ascended.

Comment

Apparentely, when the Ascended beings in our galaxies descend, they descend into human bodies (for reasons unknown). Adria, on the other hand, is obviously much more advanced.

She's probably the closest to an Ascended being as flesh and blood (what with the powers and all).

Comment

Its possible that Merlin possibly guided his de-ascension so that he had the most advanced form possible and the took a large chunk but not all of the ascended knowledge he had gained with him. Orlin body was garden variety human, the others probably demanded it because if he came back to powerful he could alter the balance of power in our favor. This could be seen as interfering in corporeal concerns and give the Ori themselves a open invitation to directly interfere with us. like jack the vast amount of knowledge was burning out his brain. Orlin could have let go of much of the knowledge saving himself but chose not to. its possible tha t merlin was careful to keep only the knowledge he knew he would need. Adria is more like Khalek than an ancient. The Ori engineered her to make her as advanced as they could and then programmed her with as much knowledge as her form could hold without it eventually overcoming her.
          Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Merlin was the first to do so. After that, the Ancients probably didn't allow anyone else to. The Ori did that to Adria.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
            X