This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlins Weapon Theory about Adria & Daniel Spoilers

I had an idea. Since the ascended ancients don't like to interfere on mass scales and Merlin was an ancient what if he had forseen that adria would have been born and would make it to the chamber. What if merlins weapon is designed to reverse allegences. When Adria and danial puts there hands on the weapon for real it will break the Ori's hold on her and she will give them all the secrets on how to defeat the Ori ships while switching daniels allegence to the Ori and making him want to become a prior.

Well, she isn't controlled by the Ori, she is the Ori....

Comment

You know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Origin1981
        You know what I mean.
        Indeed

But basically I mean to say I don't think it would do that, since it is essentially doing the thing Ancients are most appalled at, the whole "Free Will" thing

Comment

How would Merlin "foresee" anything?

Comment

Time travel.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
              Time travel.
              Perhaps....but he hated time travel, so I have my doubts

Comment

The power-dampening field could perhaps have been intended to make Ori followers (not necessarily Adria) to question their faith. To them the cave would be a place where their all-powerful gods could do nothing to help them.
                This is an appeal by evil in distress, please click here to help Bastet defeat her enemies - Stargate online wargame

Comment

I don't see Adria ever turning to our side. She's part Ori after all. She believes as they do.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    I don't see Adria ever turning to our side. She's part Ori after all. She believes as they do.
                    She's also half human and while in that cave the part of her that's Ori is effectively neutralised.

Could certainly sew a seed of rebellion.
                    This is an appeal by evil in distress, please click here to help Bastet defeat her enemies - Stargate online wargame

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Bastet
                      She's also half human and while in that cave the part of her that's Ori is effectively neutralised.

Could certainly sew a seed of rebellion.
                      I don't really mean her powers. Adria herself, as a person, believes as the Ori do. Powers or not, I don't think she'd turn. She's too dedicated to them IMO.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

If Oma had to repress the Goa'uld memories within the Harcesis, I doubt that Adria can be converted.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                          If Oma had to repress the Goa'uld memories within the Harcesis, I doubt that Adria can be converted.
                          Right. She has way too much of what the Ori are all about within her. It is part of her, totally seperate from her powers.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                            If the Ori could program 100% blind loyalty then why not make all the Priors that way?

Its funny that you use a Harcesis as an example because though they think like Goa'uld they were seen by the System Lords as one of the biggest threats to the Goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Bastet
                              If the Ori could program 100% blind loyalty then why not make all the Priors that way?

Its funny that you use a Harcesis as an example because though they think like Goa'uld they were seen by the System Lords as one of the biggest threats to the Goa'uld.
                              The Priors weren't created in the same way as Adria. The Ori programmed Adria's genetic code from scratch. They only give Priors their powers.

If evil within the genetic memories of the Goa'uld can overcome the Harcesis' good nature even with ascension, then it is highly unlikely that the genetic memories of the Ori programmed within Adria will allow her to switch sides especially considering Adria never even had a chance to develop her own ego like the Harcesis.

Comment

Working...
                              X