X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IGN Exclusive: Stargate SG-1's Future

http://tv.ign.com/articles/735/735193p1.html

Pretty much all the cast members told us that, while nothing's definite yet, it sounds like there will be several Stargate TV movies produced after the series ends.
    On one hand, I'm happy to get more Stargate. On the other hand, I'm really disappointed because the restraining format a movie will have. Questions will still be unanswered and each movie will have to have a singular story arc with beginning, middle and end.

Still, any SG-1 is better than no SG-1.

From IGN:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Exclusive: Stargate SG-1's Future

We've heard what's going to happen after the tenth season finale.
    by IGN Staff

September 25, 2006 - When the SCI FI Channel announced last month that Stargate SG-1 would be ending at the end of the season, there was much speculation as to whether the series would be able to continue in some form. MGM has reportedly been shopping the series around to other networks but there don't appear to be any takers at this time.

**snippage**

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

My thread was first

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey

I'm really disappointed because the restraining format a movie will have. Questions will still be unanswered and each movie will have to have a singular story arc with beginning, middle and end.
        Not necessarily, look at Lord of the Rings and Star Wars.

I can't wait!!

Comment

Misinformation Watch:

The arrangement sounds similar to when Farscape ended, and plans were announced for several movies to air -- unfortunately only one has aired to date, 2004's Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars.
          1.) There were no plans announced by anyone after Farscape ended of several movies to air. In fact, Henson kept its plans pretty much to themselves until PK Wars was going into production. Otherwise, no one ever made any "announcements" about "several TV movies".

2.) PK Wars wasn't a movie. It was a mini-series.

In general, this article over-promised and these writers are prone to exaggeration and inventing "announcements" that don't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
            Misinformation Watch:

1.) There were no plans announced by anyone after Farscape ended of several movies to air. In fact, Henson kept its plans pretty much to themselves until PK Wars was going into production. Otherwise, no one ever made any "announcements" about "several TV movies".

2.) PK Wars wasn't a movie. It was a mini-series.

In general, this article over-promised and these writers are prone to exaggeration and inventing "announcements" that don't exist.
            Seemed more like an 'editorial', and i just read 'em and shrug.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
              On the other hand, I'm really disappointed because the restraining format a movie will have. Questions will still be unanswered and each movie will have to have a singular story arc with beginning, middle and end.
              Several movies though. I really like the sound of this news actually.
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                From IGN:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Exclusive: Stargate SG-1's Future

We've heard what's going to happen after the tenth season finale.
                by IGN Staff

September 25, 2006 - When the SCI FI Channel announced last month that Stargate SG-1 would be ending at the end of the season, there was much speculation as to whether the series would be able to continue in some form. MGM has reportedly been shopping the series around to other networks but there don't appear to be any takers at this time.

**snippage**

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

What happened to the earlier news that there were takers but MGM wasn't allowed to shop, because of Sci Fi?

Comment

Originally posted by Samdelfino
                  What happened to the earlier news that there were takers but MGM wasn't allowed to shop, because of Sci Fi?
                  I would like to know this as well.
                  Last edited by HirogenGater; 26 September 2006, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I was just about to post this Hope it's true. Maybe the writers will stop sucking now that they have time to actually, you know, think about the story.

Comment

Originally posted by squeakypants
                      I was just about to post this Hope it's true. Maybe the writers will stop sucking now that they have time to actually, you know, think about the story.
                      I think the writers are doing just fine. I am really enjoying season 10.

Comment

I want to see season 11 and no movies. Do we want to see the "team" once a year for two hours? Or weekly for 20 weeks? Plus people move on and they will never get everyone together again after the first movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                          Several movies though. I really like the sound of this news actually.
                          They will never keep everyone together for "several" movies. One, maybe two will get done and then they will all have other gigs and committments. Acting is their job and they have to work for their families. The actors can't sit and wait around to be available for the "next" Stargate film.

No season 11 is very sad nooz.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Samdelfino
                            Considering how they kinda "made up" other things in the article, they may be making up that as well.

This does not seem to be a very reliable new source. Now, if I saw it in a reputable trade magazine like Multi-Channel News, who broke the cancellation to begin with, I'd consider it more seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              They will never keep everyone together for "several" movies. One, maybe two will get done and then they will all have other gigs and committments. Acting is their job and they have to work for their families. The actors can't sit and wait around to be available for the "next" Stargate film.
                              That's not how they'd film them, though. When TNT bought the rerun rights--and later revived the series for a 5th season--for Babylon 5, they initially contracted to do two movies. The movies named "In the Beginning" and "Thirdspace" were produced right after Season 4 production ended. That way, all the cast and crew were already together.

Then, they filmed two more movies the same way after Season 5 production ended.

Producing the movies in succession with little break would be the way they'd do it. They just wouldn't be aired that way. Kinda like how Lord of the Rings Trilogy was filmed in succession, but released years apart.

If they could get their act together, the ideal situation would to film the movies right after the end of this year's filming, but I don't think they have it pulled together. They'd have to be working out the contracts now.

BTW--here's some other trivia about the four Babylon 5 movies. Not every castmember was in every movie. J Michael Strazcinski wrote them that way. Maybe it was for budget reasons or maybe those were just the way he wrote the stories.

Comment

Working...
                              X