This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taken

I have not seen Taken, because I do not have cable. Is the mini-series any good? How does it end? I ask, because I don't want to watch 20 hours only for the little girl to get beamed away.

Thanks!

Well...I've heard its really good.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I almost read the book once. And I almost watched it when it was on CBC a few years ago. But the beginning didn't get taped, so I didn't know what was going on. It seemed okay though.
      sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

I enjoyed it.

Re the little girl: (YES this is the ending so DON'T CLICK if you don't wanna know)

Spoiler:
        I think she decides to leave with "them."

Frankly it was better before they got to "present day." Then it kinda dragged for me.
        Frak! --Apollo
        Frak you. --Cain
        FRAK Me! --Kat
        frakwit! --Tyrol
        B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Are you kidding me? 20 hours of sci-fi mystery only to end with...
          Spoiler:
          ...the little girl beaming up to an alien ship?

LAME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
            Are you kidding me? 20 hours of sci-fi mystery only to end with...
            Spoiler:
            ...the little girl beaming up to an alien ship?

LAME!!!
            Yeah, you know, the standard
            Spoiler:
            "This is what's best and it's time for me to and, and..."

Like I said, liked it before they got to present-day (whatever present-day was then, I forget) and then it got kinda... honestly felt like a different show to me. But the run-up was fun, particularly the guy who is now male lead on The 4400.
            Frak! --Apollo
            Frak you. --Cain
            FRAK Me! --Kat
            frakwit! --Tyrol
            B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

This is sort of random, but if you folks are into Taken, you should check out "K-Pax". Read the book if you're into that sort of thing, but if you must, there is a movie as well.
              sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

I've got K-Pax on DVD.

I just expected Taken to lead up to an alien invasion, alien first contact, or something epic. A 90-minute movie leading up to that ending would be fine, but 20 hours, and they couldn't think up anything better?

Comment

Saw the series. Enjoyed the early years more than the latter years.
                  The whole show is nearly ruined by Dakota Fanning's ludicrous voice-overs throughout the series. After a while they become quite laugable.
                  You'll hear her do some solemn voiceover that's supposed to be philosophically profound but in the end it's about absolutely nothing, totally meaningless, and has no bearing about what you're seeing on the screen.
                  All she imparts from the viewer is a desire for her to Shut the F**** Up.
                  If you can stomach her, you may like the series-especially the early years.
                  Last edited by david2708; 26 September 2006, 06:15 AM.

Comment

I was able to rent the shows out at Blockbuster, thats how I found out about them.

I liked them, especially the early years. Was disappointed in how they wrapped up the ending of several of the characters. I heard there was suppose to be another movie or show out that was suppose to wrap the series up. That is a rumor and I don't remember where I read it.
                    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Was OK, but had a rather anti-climax and basically shat ending to go out with, the early years were good and the mystery was on e of the only things that kept the show desent for a while, but it spent too much time in the present at the end, it could have slowly moved through the latter 20th century and been more of a good show.
                      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
                        I have not seen Taken, because I do not have cable. Is the mini-series any good? How does it end? I ask, because I don't want to watch 20 hours only for the little girl to get beamed away.

Thanks!

I personally enjoyed the whole mini-series. It was really cool, especially how it started out with the real life "Foo-fur Fighters". During WWII both the Americans and Germans saw them during aerial battles, and each side thought it was coming from the other. The glowing lights would weave in and out of the action, but never seemed to get directly involved. To this day it has never been explained. It was also the first production that I ever saw Dakota Fanning (various movies) and Joel Gresch (The 4400) in. Despite the ultimate end, I thought it was worthwhile entertainment. All the inbetween stuff more than made up for the ending in my book. 'Taken' was directed by Stephen Spielberg so you know that it was a quality production. I liked it very much. Sci-Fi channel does terrible movies, but there mini-series are usually pretty good. I'd like to see them continue the 'Dune' saga with a mini-series based on the novel, 'God-Emperor of Dune'.

So, yeah..! Worth seeing.
                        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Working...
                        X