Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merlin's Weapon The Quest 10x10 (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlin's Weapon The Quest 10x10 (Spoilers)

In the episode "The Quest" at the beginning when Daniel talks about the three planets and links them on on the computer and shows a triangle, it hits me, i think Merlin's Weapon is hidden in the Bermuda Triangle, tht might explain all the phenomenon tht goes around in the triangle. Just imagine an episode with it.

p.s. i don't no how to do spoiler tags, sorry.
    Last edited by Raj_2006; 25 September 2006, 08:44 AM.

To do spoiler tags: [$spoil]stuff goes here[/spoil] without the $.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
      To do spoiler tags: [$spoil]stuff goes here[/spoil] without the $.
      not woking, anyway back on topic, what do you think.

Edit: No 1 wants to say anything.
      Last edited by Raj_2006; 25 September 2006, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Well, from what we know of his "weapon" it is designed to nullify ascended beings by producing an energy field opposite of their own. Kind of like the Drakara weapon but always on. But it is also supposed to envelope the entire galaxy, so for it to only work in the Triangle leads me to doubt they will go there.

The only possible explanation if they do decide to go that route is to say he built a labratory on Earth. The only way to get to the lab was by going to the "Quest" planet and completing the tasks, then once you have proven yourself worthy you get transported to Earth to his lab which is deep below the ocean in a Ancient sheilded lab. But over the thousands of years (do we know and exact time frame for when he created this?) Techtonic instability in the ocean floor caused the shielding to fluxuate and the weapon activated. Not being set correctly it created a field and leaked out the shield but only enough to encompass the triangle. It nullified anything that came into contact with it. But it does not destroy the objects, just cancels them out. Once the device is turned off, they will all reappear.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng
          Well, from what we know of his "weapon" it is designed to nullify ascended beings by producing an energy field opposite of their own. Kind of like the Drakara weapon but always on. But it is also supposed to envelope the entire galaxy, so for it to only work in the Triangle leads me to doubt they will go there.

The only possible explanation if they do decide to go that route is to say he built a labratory on Earth. The only way to get to the lab was by going to the "Quest" planet and completing the tasks, then once you have proven yourself worthy you get transported to Earth to his lab which is deep below the ocean in a Ancient sheilded lab. But over the thousands of years (do we know and exact time frame for when he created this?) Techtonic instability in the ocean floor caused the shielding to fluxuate and the weapon activated. Not being set correctly it created a field and leaked out the shield but only enough to encompass the triangle. It nullified anything that came into contact with it. But it does not destroy the objects, just cancels them out. Once the device is turned off, they will all reappear.
          ya, like tht, in a way.

Comment

My only problem with Merlins weapons is that wouldn't it possibly harm the Ancients? I mean if it effects the Ori wouldn't it effect the Ancients? Since ascended beings aren't limited to any area of space effecting the Ori home galaxy wouldn't hurt them. Couldn't they just go to another galaxy? Is it possible that they weapons effects the whole plane that they ascended beings reside on?

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz
              My only problem with Merlins weapons is that wouldn't it possibly harm the Ancients? I mean if it effects the Ori wouldn't it effect the Ancients? Since ascended beings aren't limited to any area of space effecting the Ori home galaxy wouldn't hurt them. Couldn't they just go to another galaxy? Is it possible that they weapons effects the whole plane that they ascended beings reside on?
              I think it would so I think we would need to activate it in the Ori galaxy or risk killing the Ancients as well.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                I think it would so I think we would need to activate it in the Ori galaxy or risk killing the Ancients as well.
                That is the working theory a lot of folks, including myself, have. Now we just need a volunteer to go to the Ori galaxy once we find Merlin's weapon to activate it. Maybe they'll all draw straws.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  That is the working theory a lot of folks, including myself, have. Now we just need a volunteer to go to the Ori galaxy once we find Merlin's weapon to activate it. Maybe they'll all draw straws.
                  Yeah and let's give Mayborne the short one!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                    Yeah and let's give Mayborne the short one!
                    Now that you mention him, I really miss Maybourne. What a great character IMO. Nah, I wouldn't want to send him on such a dangerous mission.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                      Now that you mention him, I really miss Maybourne. What a great character IMO. Nah, I wouldn't want to send him on such a dangerous mission.
                      As did I but the thought of him facing Ori soldiers just makes me smile.

Comment

what about baal, imagine a gouald saving the galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz
                          They're not limited anywhere, but they still have to travel around. They don't teleport places. IIRC, Chaya had to travel back to her planet by Stargate (because it was faster than squidding around).

Comment

If Merlin's anti-Orii wepaon effects Ascended beings in the way we beleive it does - like one wave cancelling out another - it would have to access the plane occupied by said ascended beings.

This is all good & well if done in the Orii's home galaxy, although I personally believe that, IMHO, the Orii themselves may invade the Milkyway & attack the Ancients directly by then; meaning we would have to use the weapon to wipe out both the Ascended Ancients/other ascended beings that dwell on the Ascended plane, as well as the Orii themselves : which would be quite ironic, considering the Ancients refuse to intefer - even when faced with their own imminant destruction at hands of the Orii - something we may have seen before.

e.g.: the Tollan refused to share their technology or accept aide from others [per sae] & thought they were 'invunerable' because they were more advanced than Earth - just as the Ascended Anicents look upon non-ascended beings as almost insects & 'beneath' them, refusing to get invovled, even when the whole galaxy has been at risk - & were promptly destroyed by Anubis when his advanced Ancient/Asgard-technologically enhanced mothership (controlled by Tanith) laid waste to Tollana when they refused to give phase-shifting W.O.M.D.

This whole 'arrogant, advanced races gettign their collective arses totally kicked' seems to be a reoccuring theme with TPTB - look at the Russians (poor *******s! Nothing ever goes right for them as far as STARGATE is concerned! ), the Tollan, the Eurondans, the Tok'Ra, the Asgard (abliet to a lesser extent, they are Earth's primary allies, not forget! ), the Goa'uuld, the Aschen - all have 'come undone', in part, to their own over-confidence in their own greatness & technological superiority (can we say history repeating itself?!? Look at the Battle of P3Y-229 [Camelot, season 9); the Milkyway fleet got their collective arses whooped & handed them on a plate by just four Orii motherships! ).

Seems to me, IMHO, that TPTB like offing off advanced races when they have the chance (I think, in part to make way for 'emerging' galactic races & cultures, like Earth); but I do hope the Ascended Anicents will be around long after the Orii have been vanquished. . .

Comment

We could always, right before activating the weapon, tell "our" Ascendants to descend. They could all descend back to Ancient form, ready to Ascend again at will. Then we'll wait for the Ori to come, activate the weapon and voila, Ori-kebabs.

Comment

Working...
                              X