This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Which Episode...?200 spoilers

so, on the 200th episode, carter and jackson told mitchel that there was one mission that was omitted from the database. well, i kinda remember watchin' that episode but i forgotz which episode it was. so, can someone help me out cause it's drivin' me crazy.

-HoZaY-
    "sir, we cannot name the ship the Enterprise"

the epi is called "1969" and its from the second season. heres is the link to the epi: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s2/221.shtml.
    "Daniel?"
    "For crying out loud!!"
    "Roddney?"
    "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

And just to be clear to anyone who has any ideas: Cam is not Jack's son, it was a joke

That is all.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

The whole thing might have been a joke as well. A 'separate' mission report about 'jack and cams mom'. Also remember the Foothold situation was erased from the record.
        "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

it's also very possible that they were totally jerking his chain and that no mission has been omittied....but it could be fun to watch him spend weeks trying to find it
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don't think it was the time travel mission they were talking about, because there would be no reason why that mission would be classified even from him. It's more than likely that it's the foothold situation that was kept from him, because she wouldn't tell him part of a mission we know is true if it's supposed to be secret.

sigpic

Comment

You're all forgetting that (IIRC) the "Foothold"-thingie was omitted from all files as well. Of course, it wasn't an actual mission. It was the result of a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                You're all forgetting that (IIRC) the "Foothold"-thingie was omitted from all files as well. Of course, it wasn't an actual mission. It was the result of a mission.
                Right and the only reason they would tell him is if something came up regarding that incident, and I also can't think of why the 1969 stuff would be classified.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Why was the foothold situation omitted from all results?

Btw, I think they were talkign about P3X-595

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
                    Why was the foothold situation omitted from all results?

Btw, I think they were talkign about P3X-595
                    Yep, my thoughts exactly!
                    Spoiler:

"When there is life, there is despair"

Comment

i thought it was foothold too. yeah, i remember about that planet. thx.
                      oh. and this has nothing to do with this topic... hahaha, vala busted out with a hair dryer. lol.

thx everyone.
                      "sir, we cannot name the ship the Enterprise"

Comment

Shades of Grey maybe.
                        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

It is Foothold. I watched Smoke and Mirrors. Gen. Hammond said they weren't even supposed to tell Jonas.
                          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

It was 1969 because the joke was about 1969... the mission was erased from the official records and the joke was about 1969, IT WAS 1969.

Comment

It was not 1969 because Mitchell already knew about the time travel mission.

CARTER
                              Well, it has to do with the time that the gate sent us back to 1969.

MITCHELL
                              Well, that can't have anything to do with me, I wasn't born 'till a year later.
                              Mitchell didn't act surprised, or shocked or anything, and there would be no reason why 1969 would be hidden from him but any records about the letter from 2010 or even the events of Mobieus wouldn't. The events of 2001 and the meeting the Aschen would also need to be classified because the letter of 2010 helped alert them.

So it can't be 1969 because other missions involving time travel or the Achen could be hidden, so there would be more than 1 mission he didn't read. Jonas wasn't even supposed to be told about Foothold but circumstances made it necessary, so the same would be done for Mitchell.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X