X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ScifiWire has Stargate Poll

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/

Don't know how long this has been up on their news site and since this is Sunday the poll will probably change tomorrow.

But it asks what you would like to see as the next incarnation of Stargate (and the current precentage of votes)

New Stargate SG1 Feature film - 45%

New Stargate SG1 TV Movie - 23%

New Stargate Movie Unrelated to SG1 - 8%

New Stargate TV Series Unrelated to SG1 - 24%

Marla
    ______
    Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Thanks Marla will pass the word!
    sigpic

Comment

That's stupid, Where's the option for another season?
      sigpic

Comment

What option do I choose If I want:

An extension/continuation of Stargate: SG1 in the form of Stargate:Command?

If I can't have that, then I'm deciding between 1 and 4

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        It's on SciFi's site - be realisitc; they'd never indulge us with that option

I guess I can't have my original choice for the same reason
        Last edited by jazz!; 24 September 2006, 03:04 PM.
        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Current percentage of votes:

New Stargate SG1 Feature film - 44%

New Stargate SG1 TV Movie - 25%

New Stargate Movie Unrelated to SG1 - 8%

New Stargate TV Series Unrelated to SG1 - 23%

Total votes at the moment 1,156.
          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Well, we can see what Skiffy's thinking is, and it doesn't include a season 11, as that wasn't even a choice.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
              Dude. Its a Sci-Fi channel poll, you should know better.

Looks like the majority wants a movie. But no mini-series option? I would prefer that over a movie.
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I agree with all of you. Their choices didn't include enough options- like another season or two, or three, or...

Comment

If they had put the option of season 11 or a mini-series, the movie count wouldn't be that high. Skiffy wants it to look like everyone wants a film so they don't have to cough up dough for more episodes.

B*****ds

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    If they had put the option of season 11 or a mini-series, the movie count wouldn't be that high. Skiffy wants it to look like everyone wants a film so they don't have to cough up dough for more episodes.

B*****ds
                    MGM should organize similar poll at the official SG-1 website, with season 11 and mini-series as the options, and these results would be really believable. BTW, what about this kind of poll at Savestargatesg1 website?
                    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

The latest poll on characters at savestargate closed last week. The results were supposed to be up over the weekend but maybe they've been busy. I expect results will be out any time.

At the savestargate yahoo group, they did have a poll like the SciFi one. Season 11 was way ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure

B*****ds
                        I must concur. How convenient of them not to include those options.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'd definitely go for a new season. I'd be willing to pay to download it off of itunes if that's what it takes.
                          Newbiegater

Save Stargate Sg-1!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, NIV

Comment

I sent an email to SciFi Wire regarding how disappointed I was with options for that silly poll. This is their response:

Thanks for your kind note. We only included options that have a
                            chance at coming to pass. Season 11, unfortunately, isn't one of
                            those.

Best,

Patrick Lee
                            News Editor
                            SCI FI Wire

Comment

Originally posted by GateAngel
                              New Stargate TV Series Unrelated to SG1 - 24%

Marla
                              I must say I'm surprised that so few of those who voted want a new series unrelated to SG-1. For me, the Stargate has always been the star(and it doesn't have an agent that re-negotiates for a raise every season ). I'd love to see Star Gate Command continue or maybe even go back in time to a series centered around Ra's time on Earth.
                              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                              X