This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelling our long distance service.

I had a thought. Since the correlative update is understood (avenger 2.0) and earth knows how to dial all gates in the network at once (Reckoning) might there be a way to alter the milkyway galaxy's stargate network to no longer accept extragalatic connections? Following the phone analaogy it would be as simple as getting 'unable to connect' message. Im pretty sure that the earthlings could build their own stargate from scratch at this point it might be a feasable defense and would force the Ori to physically come in ships from the other side of the universe.

My idea stops short of something that would disables all of the stargates completely, leaving earth to replace them with stargate: Mk 3 ;-) Then again the toasting all the stargates idea could explain why the stargates look different when we get a spinoff :-D

Originally posted by kymeric
    I had a thought. Since the correlative update is understood (avenger 2.0) and earth knows how to dial all gates in the network at once (Reckoning) might there be a way to alter the milkyway galaxy's stargate network to no longer accept extragalatic connections?
    One problem: Baal was behind both of those.

Comment

plus with the intragalaxic gate we would be screwing atlantis over as well.

I think just re-avenging the gate system in to a new pattern we have designed , then only allow gate travel to people who we like, we would have a complete monopoly over the gate network and the Or iwould be stuck with having 3 ships and no way of moving about
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

We could blackmail the Lucian Alliance

No staragates no crops

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric
          I had a thought. Since the correlative update is understood (avenger 2.0) and earth knows how to dial all gates in the network at once (Reckoning) might there be a way to alter the milkyway galaxy's stargate network to no longer accept extragalatic connections? Following the phone analaogy it would be as simple as getting 'unable to connect' message. Im pretty sure that the earthlings could build their own stargate from scratch at this point it might be a feasable defense and would force the Ori to physically come in ships from the other side of the universe.

My idea stops short of something that would disables all of the stargates completely, leaving earth to replace them with stargate: Mk 3 ;-) Then again the toasting all the stargates idea could explain why the stargates look different when we get a spinoff :-D
          well... the thing is.. the supergates arent ment to connect to regular gates and dont have DHDs(that we know of) so our anti dialing thing... wouldnt work unless it wasa regular gate.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
            well... the thing is.. the supergates arent ment to connect to regular gates and dont have DHDs(that we know of) so our anti dialing thing... wouldnt work unless it wasa regular gate.
            I think that was his orriginal point, but if the ori can build a supergate, whats to stop them from building a regular Stargate?
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
              I think that was his orriginal point, but if the ori can build a supergate, whats to stop them from building a regular Stargate?
              Their over-the-top nature?
              This is an appeal by evil in distress, please click here to help Bastet defeat her enemies - Stargate online wargame

Comment

We couldn't even reprogram the crystals of the supergates to dial out ourselves. It's not like we can hack the supergates. Because, really, it doesn't matter what the normal gates can or cannot do, the supergates are gates of their own.

I doubt the supergates run correlative updates with normal gates.

Comment

Working...
                X