Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obstacles in the maze (Spoilers for "The Quest - Part I")

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obstacles in the maze (Spoilers for "The Quest - Part I")

OK, so there was a wall of fire. Adria, the Orici, was standing there helpless. But, she's the the Orici! With a piece of Celestis hanging around her neck protecting her!

All she'd have to do is walk through the damn fire, walk around, gather information, come back with riddles for SG-1 + Ba'al to solve and then nab the Sangraal! Or she could at least just walk through the fire and keep on going without our friends.

(Of course, it was just an illusion, but she didn't know that)

So why didn't she just do it? Simple. The piece of celestis doesn't work that way! Meaning, there are weapons which will damage her! Such as fire (well, maybe rapidly fired fire a la framethrower will count as a projectile weapon at a fast speed, but we can still just burn her)!

She said so herself, "her powers don't work that way". Meaning she's not all-powerful and can't snuff out fire just like that!

So, let's start thinking of ways of harming her. We have fire already. How about drowning? She hasn't shown any ability to fly yet. Drop her into the ocean? I doubt she can survive in space, sling her into space.

Interesting theory there. (you made two threads, btw)

Maybe she was afraid to go through because her powers didn't work and she was afraid that the celestis wouldn't either. But...I like your theory better.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
      Interesting theory there. (you made two threads, btw)

Maybe she was afraid to go through because her powers didn't work and she was afraid that the celestis wouldn't either. But...I like your theory better.
      No, the Piece of Celestis was working. Cam shot her and her personal shield held . I doubt it would protect Daniel should he choose to wring her neck, though.

They should just do it already! Wring her neck and get it over with!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
        No, the Piece of Celestis was working. Cam shot her and her personal shield held.
        That was outside of the cave though and outside of the fail safes that nullify her powers.
        sigpic

Comment

That was outside of the cave though and outside of the fail safes that nullify her powers.
          Unlikely, the first two tests would have been pointless had she still had her powers.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I doubt the cave disables technology. The Piece of Celestis is basically just a personal shield. It's not part of her powers.

But the point still remains: They should just wring her neck and get on with it. She's the Orici, she's clearly evil and she clearly isn't going to turn to our side. Kill her now, grab the Sangraal, kill the Ori, voila.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
              I doubt the cave disables technology. The Piece of Celestis is basically just a personal shield. It's not part of her powers.

But the point still remains: They should just wring her neck and get on with it. She's the Orici, she's clearly evil and she clearly isn't going to turn to our side. Kill her now, grab the Sangraal, kill the Ori, voila.
              It hasn't really been explained properly so I still think it is tapped to her powers somehow.

Yes, they should kill her already while they have the chance. (this was brought up before) If she did turn, she would end up combusting and being set aflame.

Btw, I just noticed this: "The Return Part I spoilers"?
              sigpic

Comment

Daniel stated that only her Defensive Powers originating from her necklace is the only thing thats working.

I have a feeling that Adria might probably protect the team from the Dragon's fire. Cam did say that she will turn out useful. So she shields the group from the fire, Ba'al says the name of the dragon. The dragon disappears and I *think* so will the failsafes... meaning Adria's powers might come back.

SG1 escapes, while Ba'al (or Ba'al clone) is killed by Adria.

Then SG1 screams: "OMG, they killed Kenny... err... Ba'al! You b@$tards!"
                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

"She might prove useful"

But perhaps the personal shield only works against fast moving stuff (like goa'ulds), then again Rodneys PS worked against pretty much everything.

Except...... drum roll...... starvation!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                    Daniel stated that only her Defensive Powers originating from her necklace is the only thing thats working.

I have a feeling that Adria might probably protect the team from the Dragon's fire. Cam did say that she will turn out useful. So she shields the group from the fire, Ba'al says the name of the dragon. The dragon disappears and I *think* so will the failsafes... meaning Adria's powers might come back.

SG1 escapes, while Ba'al (or Ba'al clone) is killed by Adria.

Then SG1 screams: "OMG, they killed Kenny... err... Ba'al! You b@$tards!"
                    I do think she will end up protecting all of them from the fire with her shield. And that should give Ba'al the opportunity to say the dragon's name. However, I don't think her powers will reappear once the dragon is gone. The failsafes should still remain active.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                      I do think she will end up protecting all of them from the fire with her shield. And that should give Ba'al the opportunity to say the dragon's name. However, I don't think her powers will reappear once the dragon is gone. The failsafes should still remain active.
                      Yeah that makes sense. I think the failsafes protecting the Sangral was active outside the cave as well. I think as long as she is near the Sangral/cave her powers are nullified. And to whoever started this thread you need to change the name to Quest part 1 not Return.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

She'll probably end up protecting everyone, but it will mostly likely be a concern for her mother's sake, than for the other's. I doubt you could wring her neck through that shield, and as far as the fire she could have been afraid of what was on the other side, the dragon, because unlike the other's she believed there really was one.

Comment

The failsafes and traps that were put in place may nullify or be able to pass through her personal shield the same way it nullified her other powers. That may be why she was afraid of the wall of fire but Cam's p-90.
                          Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath
                            The failsafes and traps that were put in place may nullify or be able to pass through her personal shield the same way it nullified her other powers. That may be why she was afraid of the wall of fire but Cam's p-90.
                            It's possible b/c the failsafes inside the cave are more powerfull than outside.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                              It's possible b/c the failsafes inside the cave are more powerfull than outside.
                              I don't think any of you actually listen to the episodes at all. Should a re-run occur, I suggest listening to learn that Morgan Le Fay created the defenses for the entire planet. Teal'C meantions this, and says its a way to stop the Sangraal being destroyed from Orbit. So its not just in the caves these defenses take place.

chem

Comment

Working...
                              X