This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Revelation: of Merlin's Trail of Riddles

Throughout the Ninth and Tenth Seasons of SG-1, we have seen many riddles left behind by Merlin, and, as a suprise, they all point to the finding of the San Graal (the point of all the riddles will be stated later):

1) The Ancient Tablet [recovered by Vala Mal Doran]- This one leads to Avalon, where the Alteran Communication Device is held.

2) The Alteran Communication Device [formerly housed in Avalon, now most likely resides in Area 51 under study]- This one helps us get in contact with the Ori, and will prompt them to come to the MW and be exposed to basically the rest of the Universe (now I know this makes Merlin look evil, but I'll explain).

3) The Alteran Dimension Device [the one that can take you to another dimension, used to hide Merlin's work; also found in Avalon]- This one would let the galaxy know of the San Graal, a device that could defeat Ascended Beings. This also pointed them to Camelot.

4) Merlin's Library at Camelot [self explanitory] - This one let the team see for themselves the San Graal, and, through the villagers of Camelot, they found the names of two planets where the weapon used to be. Also, the search would take them to Atlantis, where they would see Morgan.

5) Could there be yet a fifth riddle? After the episode tonight, I will discuss the fifth riddle and the thought that comes to my mind.

Now, the reason for all this, I honestly believe, was for the sole purpose of defeating the Ori. Now, I speculate that some Ancients had the power to see into the future, whether in Ascension or not. And, as Morgan said, Merlin recognized that the Ori could become a great threat. So, Merlin needed to make something that could destroy them. So he began working on the San Graal.

But, since he was descended, he might not live to see someone use the weapon to destroy the Ori, so he left behind some clues. First, he had to find some way to get the Ori to come to the Milky Way in order for the weapon to be used. So he left the Tablet somewhere on some planet. After that, Merlin left a communication device in Avalon so that someone could find it, translate what it said, and use it. He knew the only other communication devices were in the Ori galaxy. Next, after the Ori would discover that there were "unbelievers" in the MW, and after basically declaring war, he needed a way for someone to find the San Graal. So he also left the dimension device so that someone could see where to go next. Then, he pointed the person to Camelot, where they would see the Sangraal for themselves, and find out two places the San Graal used to be. So then, a person would go on a quest to look for some planets that might have the San Graal, the same thing Arthur and his Knights would do. So their quest should have eventually taken them to the planet visited in "the Quest."

Now, will they find the San Graal, or another riddle? We don't know. For those who like spoilers, they can see the AOL vignette, and perhaps will figure out the next clue, the next piece of the large puzzle of Merlin's Trail of Riddles.

Jesus is Lord!

[imitates fat kid in a candy store(see 'Uninvited' for reference)] OOOH I know, I know!
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
      [imitates fat kid in a candy store(see 'Uninvited' for reference)] OOOH I know, I know!
      Well, anybody who knows or think they know PM me.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

somehow, i find it ulikely that merlin would attempt to make contaact with the Ori, when it could risk losing everything. It seems much more likely that he made the weapon as a "Just in case", in the event that the Ori do find the galaxy. I mean, the whole "concealing the galaxy thing" worked fine. You only need to destroy them if they get past that. I don;t think Merlin would jepadize something that works fine on the off-chance that someone will follow his abstract clues on a treasure hunt to stop a threat he caused!

Comment

How did Merlin cause the threat of the Ori? He saw that they could become a grave threat, and so he acted on it.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel
            How did Merlin cause the threat of the Ori? He saw that they could become a grave threat, and so he acted on it.
            I think einx359 is saying Merlin caused it by providing the communication device which alerted the Ori to the people in the Milky Way. (I apologize, einx359 if that's not what you meant.)

If Merlin did indeed travel in time, and it seems to me that he did, then perhaps he has already seen the end of the conflict and is helping it along. Maybe he even met a certain person while that person was ascended and knows that that person plays a critical role in the outcome and therefore left the clues where that person would find them. Otherwise, I would think his just leaving, say, the tablet Vala found lying around somewhere isn't going to give very good odds towards someone actually following through on all of these riddles. So far, it has been pretty much one person who has solved them all, right? It almost seems as if they were tailor made for that person.

Comment

the communication device that Daniel and Vala used was sent through the stargate (and I think it ended up in subspace or something), and the one that was located in the Ori galaxy was destroyed by Tomin in Crusade.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista
                I think einx359 is saying Merlin caused it by providing the communication device which alerted the Ori to the people in the Milky Way. (I apologize, einx359 if that's not what you meant.)

If Merlin did indeed travel in time, and it seems to me that he did, then perhaps he has already seen the end of the conflict and is helping it along. Maybe he even met a certain person while that person was ascended and knows that that person plays a critical role in the outcome and therefore left the clues where that person would find them. Otherwise, I would think his just leaving, say, the tablet Vala found lying around somewhere isn't going to give very good odds towards someone actually following through on all of these riddles. So far, it has been pretty much one person who has solved them all, right? It almost seems as if they were tailor made for that person.

ohhhh.... and look at how Adria treats that "someone".... you could be on something. it is very possible. nice thinking.
                VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Yep..! I saw the AOL vid myself... How many of those things are there?!? Maybe that one is different..?
                  The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                  Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                  My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                  Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel
                    Throughout the Ninth and Tenth Seasons of SG-1, we have seen many riddles left behind by Merlin, and, as a suprise, they all point to the finding of the San Graal (the point of all the riddles will be stated later):

1) The Ancient Tablet [recovered by Vala Mal Doran]- This one leads to Avalon, where the Alteran Communication Device is held.

2) The Alteran Communication Device [formerly housed in Avalon, now most likely resides in Area 51 under study]- This one helps us get in contact with the Ori, and will prompt them to come to the MW and be exposed to basically the rest of the Universe (now I know this makes Merlin look evil, but I'll explain).

3) The Alteran Dimension Device [the one that can take you to another dimension, used to hide Merlin's work; also found in Avalon]- This one would let the galaxy know of the San Graal, a device that could defeat Ascended Beings. This also pointed them to Camelot.

4) Merlin's Library at Camelot [self explanitory] - This one let the team see for themselves the San Graal, and, through the villagers of Camelot, they found the names of two planets where the weapon used to be. Also, the search would take them to Atlantis, where they would see Morgan.

5) Could there be yet a fifth riddle? After the episode tonight, I will discuss the fifth riddle and the thought that comes to my mind.

Now, the reason for all this, I honestly believe, was for the sole purpose of defeating the Ori. Now, I speculate that some Ancients had the power to see into the future, whether in Ascension or not. And, as Morgan said, Merlin recognized that the Ori could become a great threat. So, Merlin needed to make something that could destroy them. So he began working on the San Graal.

But, since he was descended, he might not live to see someone use the weapon to destroy the Ori, so he left behind some clues. First, he had to find some way to get the Ori to come to the Milky Way in order for the weapon to be used. So he left the Tablet somewhere on some planet. After that, Merlin left a communication device in Avalon so that someone could find it, translate what it said, and use it. He knew the only other communication devices were in the Ori galaxy. Next, after the Ori would discover that there were "unbelievers" in the MW, and after basically declaring war, he needed a way for someone to find the San Graal. So he also left the dimension device so that someone could see where to go next. Then, he pointed the person to Camelot, where they would see the Sangraal for themselves, and find out two places the San Graal used to be. So then, a person would go on a quest to look for some planets that might have the San Graal, the same thing Arthur and his Knights would do. So their quest should have eventually taken them to the planet visited in "the Quest."

Now, will they find the San Graal, or another riddle? We don't know. For those who like spoilers, they can see the AOL vignette, and perhaps will figure out the next clue, the next piece of the large puzzle of Merlin's Trail of Riddles.
                    Okay, as Ive seen some people say, Merlin caused it by leaving the communication device in avalon. But, what if he MEANT to leave it there for a purpose. [speaking like Daniel now] Now, Merlin knew that the only way to destroy the Ori was to bring them here, to the Milky Way, since he had no way of getting to the Ori galaxy. And so, to bring the Ori here, he left the communication device in Avalon.[/Daniel Talk over]
                    Spoiler:
                    from Quest PII

Now the fifth peice of the riddle is another ancient repository. That's the next peice of the puzzle, I believe. Merlin created it and HID it/ Guarded it for a reason. Now, we don't know what that reason is, but it must have been significant, otherwise there wouldn't have been a need to guard it with a dragon, or hologram dragon, which ever it is.
                    Last edited by Cameron Mitchel; 30 September 2006, 04:13 PM.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Maybe he went into the future and saw Daniel. A lot of the stuff has been related to Daniel's research and background. Never know.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                        Yep..! I saw the AOL vid myself... How many of those things are there?!? Maybe that one is different..?
                        yeah, maybe that repository is different.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

anyone have a link to this AOL vignette?

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
                            anyone have a link to this AOL vignette?
                            here it is. The part we're talking about is at the very end of vignette 10.

Comment

here it is. The part we're talking about is at the very end of vignette 10.
                              sweet!!!!

I wonder if they will try to take this one back and study it. that would be sweet. I'm very curious on how Jackson handles it.
                              Spoiler:
                              I wonder if he could use the repository info since he was ascended before. maybe his mind will be able to process the info better than Jack could.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Working...
                              X