This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Shields Are Tough!

When the Ori eventually decide to attack Earth they won't even need to use weapons. Their shields are so strong they will just ram the planet. Here is a depiction of the event:

Yes, I drew it in good ol' wonderful MS Paint!
    Games 'n Stuff

Originally posted by Dragonlor
    When the Ori eventually decide to attack Earth they won't even need to use weapons. Their shields are so strong they will just ram the planet. Here is a depiction of the event:

First off great pic but while the Ori shields are tough I doubt it would work and they would never do it b/c they want folowers to gain more power.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Shields aren't that strong there is a flaw in there Shields we haven't been able to take advantage of it yet
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
        First off great pic but while the Ori shields are tough I doubt it would work and they would never do it b/c they want folowers to gain more power.
        Have you completely forgotten what they do to those who refuse to bow down to them?

Also, I much prefer the Invader Zim Way of destroying planets: Rolling your ship across the planet, flattening everything.

Comment

I agree that their shields are extremely powerful. That probably simply means that they have some incredibly powerful powersource for their ships. I believe that if we had something similar on the Odessey that it's shields would come close to being as powerful. Plus, you must remember the fluctuation that the Korolev detected making ringing onto their ships through their shields possible. If we could figure out how to ring over a nuke and make sure that it went off we would be in pretty good shape.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
            Also, I much prefer the Invader Zim Way of destroying planets: Rolling your ship across the planet, flattening everything.
            I perfer the idea of infecting the meat supply with human sewage. Specially when there are dancing weenies.

Comment

How about using butolinium

If they got weapon dampners at least that would get into the ventilation system.

Comment

I'm just dissapointed taht we won't be ale to delve into the technology of the ships and stuff like we have done of the Goa'uld ships in the past.!!
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I believe, the Ori have to convert people as their goal rather than destroy them...
                  +371 25500100 +371 22077022

...but they have no need for peace. If they could kill you, they would.
                  © Stargate SG1 1x02

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                    I'm just dissapointed taht we won't be ale to delve into the technology of the ships and stuff like we have done of the Goa'uld ships in the past.!!
                    Yeah, that does suck pretty bad. We just have to enjoy what we do get though.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                      Yeah, that does suck pretty bad. We just have to enjoy what we do get though.
                      Yup. At least we are getting something. We sure should be lucky for what we get!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlor

i think... with the size of their ship and shields.. that heyd just push the planet.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

IMO their shields will be drained before they even reach the outer mantle - whether the shields have a flaw or not (and supposing their engines allow them to even "burrow" that far - more likely they'll just push against the planet)
                          Heck they're tough but not supernaturally tough :|

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver
                            IMO their shields will be drained before they even reach the outer mantle - whether the shields have a flaw or not (and supposing their engines allow them to even "burrow" that far - more likely they'll just push against the planet)
                            Heck they're tough but not supernaturally tough :|
                            Unless they fire a constant beam while burrowing through to the core then they would simply set a self destruct.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                              Unless they fire a constant beam while burrowing through to the core then they would simply set a self destruct.
                              That's supposing their shields can hold long enough till they reach the core - chances are they'll have dropped to 0 long before (magma surrounding the ship, helluva lot more "fire" power than a bunch of hataks -)

Comment

Working...
                              X