This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Alien movies

Does anyone here like the Alien movies starring Sigourney Weaver as "Ellen Ripley?"

Movies:

Alien
    Aliens
    Alien 3
    Alien Resurrection

Spin-off Move:
    Alien vs. Predator

I admit - I only saw AVP - and wasnt keen on it...wasnt scary - and I hate scary films

I watched about 5min of Alien1 or 2 when I was a lil youth boy...and was told to go to bed because I was scare *blush*

Vivid imagination, lol
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Aliens is the cream of the crop. It has a lot of heart and a strong, positive finish.

Alien is a good monster movie.

All the rest are garbage, in my humble opinion.

Comment

Alien has a lot of heart? It's a horror movie.

The first one is the scariest, the second one is the best, the third is depressing, and the fourth is disgusting. I watched AVP last night, and it holds up as a good movie. However, the explanation for the pyramid is totally bogus as is it's rubix cube feature.

Comment

Alien is a certifiable classic. Aliens is one of those extremely rare sequels which is actually better than its predecessor. Alien3 was a disappointment, but personally, I think it still has its charms.

The others aren't even worth mentioning. The only reason I own Alien Resurrection is because it came with the box set, and after watching Alien vs. Predator on TV last year....well, let's just say that's an hour and a half of my life I'll never get back.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Alien is, for me, the best of the bunch. It's one of the last monster movies where you don't SEE the monster til the end...it's all atmosphere and music and actual acting and dialogue. Truly an excellent film!

Aliens, is just as good as Alien, but while being a sequel, it's also a different genre. When I first saw it I thought it was great. When they released the deleted scenes and you get to see the autogun scenes...man...talk about tension, esp since you know what's comming next!

the high point of the rest is Wynona Ryder...other than that...they're crap.

AvP I was really hoping would be more along the lines of one of the Darkhorse stories from the early 90s, but i thought it was ok. Not spectacular, but good enough to show what we already knew was happening in a fun way.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

AvP was a dissappointment to begin with, but when I found out that James Cameron had talked about making a new Alien movie, if AvP would be scrapped, I was furious.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
                Alien has a lot of heart? It's a horror movie.
                Ripley has just slept through the lives of everyone she ever knew. She has outlived her own daughter, has terrible nightmares and has been falsely accused of destroying government property. The story is one of her facing her fears, finding someone who needs her, re-awakening her own love for life, and fighting for every inch of it. It IS a heroic take with MILES of heart, a great film.

Comment

Woops, I thought you were saying the first one had a lot of heart.

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
                    Aliens is the cream of the crop. It has a lot of heart and a strong, positive finish.

Alien is a good monster movie.

All the rest are garbage, in my humble opinion.
                    I agree that Aliens is the best one of them all, classic sci-fi movie. Alien was alright for its time. All the rest were just bad though. Alien3 should've never been made without Cameron.

AvP...worst acting ever. Just one big special effects show.
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I loved them all in one way or another. My too favorites were definitely Aliens and Alien Resurrection though.

I enjoyed Alien vs. Predator because I was a huge fan of the comics involving the two. I wish they'd make another one. Maybe more loyal to the comics.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I love the Alien movies. I also probably in the rare camp that actually likes Alien 3. Sure its not what everyone was expecting after the second one, but I think its a great way to end the series. Alien 3 is the darkest and most depressing film in the series, which is why I think most people don't like it. Ripley's story really comes full circle, sacrificing herself to save humanity.

Alien Resurrection, however, I see more as a spin-off movie and not a very good one. I liked Alien Vs Predator. Its not as good as it could have been, but its still entertaining. However I have MAJOR doubts about the sequel based on the outline I've read, its going to be horrible and will be the final nail in the coffin, which is a shame since FOX should wise up and let Ridley Scott, James Cameron, and Sigourney Weaver make their Alien movie.

Comment

I like the Alien movies with Ripley. Did not see AVP.
                          Also thought Aliens was best with Alien and then Alien 3.
                          Alien Resurrection was good until the hybrid human/alien appeared-wish they had done something better than this one-it was just a freak! and really deflated the great storyline up to that point. Ah, poor Alien-Ripley's baby got spaced-whoever created the baby should have got spaced too! (and in the same way!!)

Comment

Ive seen 3 of the Alien films and they are average imo, maybe because they so old now.

However i loved AvP. Awesome fight scenes and brought the Predator and Alien movies together quite well.
                            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Which ones did you see?

Comment

Working...
                              X