This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whut's wrong with Atlantis?

I see all these SG-1 fans around the internet crying out, because SG-1 has been cancelled. Why? Did you all forget that we have the spin-off show Stargate: Atlantis that has been on for two and a half seasons? Come on now... SG-1 has been on for ten years! I know Mitchell, Vala, Landry, and the Ori have given the show a frest start, but that doesn't change the fact that it has been on for ten years! Why not let the show end and move on with Stargate: Atlantis?

I am a huge SG-1 fan, but I'd rather move on with Atlantis than watch SG-1 turn into something totally unrecognisable.

Its already unreconisable when you watch previous seasons and the current ones. Atlantis is IMO, better than SG-1 right now anyways so in the end I guess Sci-Fi made the right decision.

BTW, shouldn't this be in the general discussion section?
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Two shows are better than one, in more ways than just quantity. It's also cheaper for TPTB to share big big sets (ie. the village set) between two shows than just use them for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
        Its already unreconisable when you watch previous seasons and the current ones.
        Exactly. They should have let "Moebius, Part 2" serve as the series finale and made an SG-1 feature film.

Atlantis is IMO, better than SG-1 right now anyways so in the end I guess Sci-Fi made the right decision.
        Agreed.

No, I want to read the thoughts of SG-1 fans, not people who watch both shows.

Comment

i hope atlantis keeps going till at least season 6. the ori storyline must continue.

NO NERDY BOOKS EITHER
          A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Actually, I'm pretty sure a majority of fans watch both shows.

Comment

What law of the universe prevents a tv show from staying on the air for more than 10 years?

There is also the fact that the cancellation of SG-1 will impact Atlantis. Having two shows being filmed simultaneously saves them quite a bit of money. It also makes cross over episodes much easier and cheaper. Plus SG-1 is the perfect lead in to Atlantis. What show are they going to pair Atlantis with after SG-1 gets canceled?

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                What show are they going to pair Atlantis with after SG-1 gets canceled?
                BSG hopefully. People obviously liked that winning formula and Sci-Fi just had to screw with it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                  What law of the universe prevents a tv show from staying on the air for more than 10 years?
                  There isn't one, but people generally start loosing interest at that point with only the hardcore fans remaining which aren't enough people to keep the show going.

There is also the fact that the cancellation of SG-1 will impact Atlantis. Having two shows being filmed simultaneously saves them quite a bit of money. It also makes cross over episodes much easier and cheaper.
                  How does filming two shows instead of putting all their focus on one save money? SG-1's cancellation will not effect crossovers to Atlantis. The only effect it would have on crossover events is prevent the SGC gate room from being used in an Atlantis episode since the set will likely be dismantled. Now... if they decided to save the SGC sets for movies, then it might might see the SGC in Atlantis Season 4.

Plus SG-1 is the perfect lead in to Atlantis. What show are they going to pair Atlantis with after SG-1 gets canceled?
                  Probably BSG or that new show Caprica.

Comment

As I said, 2 shows are cheaper in this case because you can use the same sets for both shows, which help spread out the cost, which in turn allows you to build bigger and more elaborate sets.

That, and the producers said so.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
                      There isn't one, but people generally start loosing interest at that point with only the hardcore fans remaining which aren't enough people to keep the show going.
                      The show does get new viewers.

How does filming two shows instead of putting all their focus on one save money? SG-1's cancellation will not effect crossovers to Atlantis. The only effect it would have on crossover events is prevent the SGC gate room from being used in an Atlantis episode since the set will likely be dismantled. Now... if they decided to save the SGC sets for movies, then it might might see the SGC in Atlantis Season 4.
                      Maybe you haven't noticed but the two shows share a lot of things, props, sets, actors, writers, etc. If SG-1 gets canceled, a lot of that is going to be cut.

SG-1 actors aren't just going to be sitting around waiting to do Atlantis crossovers if SG-1 ends. They're going to move on to other projects which will make it harder to do a crossover episode.

Probably BSG or that new show Caprica.
                      Except that it's not going to be paired with BSG since that show takes longer to shoot. It's the reason why they broke up the "holy trinity" this year. Caprica will most likely be paired with BSG.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                        Its already unreconisable when you watch previous seasons and the current ones. Atlantis is IMO, better than SG-1 right now anyways so in the end I guess Sci-Fi made the right decision.

Nope, Sci-Fi made the very WRONG decision. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the current SG-1 (seasons 9-10) and I hate what I saw of previous seasons. And SG-1 is BETTER than Atlantis.
                        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                          Nope, Sci-Fi made the very WRONG decision. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the current SG-1 (seasons 9-10) and I hate what I saw of previous seasons. And SG-1 is BETTER than Atlantis.
                          Well you shouldn't be so taken back by my opinion, you know I like Atlantis better than SG-1 these days.

I'm more comfortable with their decision now because 1. Some continuation of SG-1 at this point is likely and 2. Atlantis has been renewed so theres hope for the whole franchise and for us fans who enjoy both shows
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay, if SG1 is cancelled, go ahead.

BUT DO NOT KILL THE ORI STORY! Bring it to...

STARGATE COMMAND
                            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Atlantis has no real direction most of the episodes are all over the place.

and there are no real enemy's like the gould or ori.

I don't know about anyone else but i love the god like enemy's and not the vampire ones or the mechanical ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X