This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scary Thought

This might've been brought up before, but it just occurred to me. In any case, what do you think would happen if a Goa'uld symbiote took control of a Prior? Somehow, I have a feeling that it might actually be possible and if so, would the immolation failsafe kick in?

I think the Prior's mind is far too strong to be controlled by the Goa'uld.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
      I think the Prior's mind is far too strong to be controlled by the Goa'uld.
      I'd probably have to agree with that. If however, for whatever reason, a Goa'uld could control a Prior, WOW! That would definitely be big trouble.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        I'd probably have to agree with that. If however, for whatever reason, a Goa'uld could control a Prior, WOW! That would definitely be big trouble.
        Nah, pice of cake. Now ADRIA with a Goa'uld, THAT would be trouble.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Not this again. "What if a Goa'uld..."

There seems to be multiple threads for every single possibility out there. I'll say what I said about the Goa'uld taking over the Wraith or the Ancients:
          If a measly human (Kendra - "Thor's Hammer") whose only assett is having been trained in a temple with a strong will can influence her symbiote and make her committ suicide, what do you think someone like the Ancients, Wraith and Prior can do, eh?

They could probably force the Goa'uld out by sheer force of will!

Comment

Yes, but remember tha Nirrti was attempting to create a hok'taur for a host. Since the Priors *are* hok'taurs, I was just exploring the possibilities. Most of the Priors might have strong wills, but the Goa'uld aren't exactly weak-minded.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares
              Yes, but remember tha Nirrti was attempting to create a hok'taur for a host. Since the Priors *are* hok'taurs, I was just exploring the possibilities. Most of the Priors might have strong wills, but the Goa'uld aren't exactly weak-minded.
              The Priors are beyond Hok'taurs. All of her botched Hok'taurs simply developed ESP (one ability each). And seemingly not much of a heightened brain usage. Besides, Nirrti didn't know about the Kendra-incident and we never saw her attempt to take someone over (probably because the experiment hadn't been successful yet).

Comment

Hmm, yeah, but as has been said, Nirrti wasn't exactly skilled at using the Ancient DNA manipulation device and she was basically going by trial and error, hence the countless failed experiments. I'm just wondering what might've happened if she'd finally been successful in creating a stable hok'taur much like Khalek and attempted to take it as a host.

Since the Priors were humans at one point or other before being genetically modified to evolve to a much more advanced state, I think they're pretty much the result that Nirrti was aiming for with her experiments. Right now, the Tau'ri and presumably most alien races in the Milky Way seem to be encountering lots of difficulties in defeating even a single Prior, but I'm just wondering about the Goa'uld, since they're pretty much the fallen underdogs by this point. This might've been something the writers could've planned to explore had the series been allowed to continue, with a symbiote (perhaps Baal or even some random Goa'uld) actually managing (or finding a way) to take a Prior as a host. Or even scarier and has been mentioned, Adria, and I was kinda freaked out over the possibilities.

Comment

The Priors and Adria have heightened senses. If they can sense a bullet and stop it, they should be able to sense a symbiote lunging for their necks. Also, Adria's little Piece of Celestis can protect her from all kinds of weapons.

You think a Goa'uld can just bury its way into her spine like that? What a useless piece of Celestis! Throw a spear at her while she's distracted and she'll go down.

I mean, Adria can sense C4 about to go off. It's not like she won't see the Goa'uld coming.

Comment

Yeh I think the Prior's mind would probably kill it!!
                    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Priors self immolate when they get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares
                        In any case, what do you think would happen if a Goa'uld symbiote took control of a Prior?
                        M109/M82 .50 cal and a prior jamming device

Comment

In any case, what do you think would happen if a Goa'uld symbiote took control of a Prior?
                          All at once, the Prior would have a hell of a lot more personality and might - just - actually become interesting to watch.

Albion
                          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

i think the prior would be able to reisist like how oniel did in into the fire (i think or the show after) and at the same time would be able to remove the symbiot or kill it.
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                            X