This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boycott Sci Fi

Lets boycott the Scifi channel shows and original movie except for Stargate Atlantis until they renew Stargate Sg-1
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Sorry, but I don't think that it's going to work.

1. Most of us already do that. We only watch the show of our choice, and yet the channel survives.

2. If the execs paid attention to ratings and fans, we would be celebrating SG-1's renewel.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
      Sorry, but I don't think that it's going to work.

1. Most of us already do that. We only watch the show of our choice, and yet the channel survives.

2. If the execs paid attention to ratings and fans, we would be celebrating SG-1's renewel.
      Could it be the ad?
      sigpic
      The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Let's boycott Bob the Enzyte guy!
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

If it would help I would but it wouldn't and I'd miss my favorite show. If it would help we should boycott NBC as well they are screwing with L&OCI and the orriginal. CI is now on tuesdays and L&O is now opposidt SGA. When will they learn?
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie
            Let's boycott Bob the Enzyte guy!
            Oh god don't remind me of him. They used to show his comercials 10 or more times during SG-1 and SGA!

Comment

I think most of us already Boycott Sci-Fi's orginal movies and yet they never learn and continue to make them.
              sigpic

Comment

I already only watch Sci-Fi for the Gates and BSG so you could say I'm already boycotting them.
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                  I already only watch Sci-Fi for the Gates and BSG so you could say I'm already boycotting them.
                  I guess I am too since thats what I'm doing aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
                    If the execs paid attention to ratings and fans, we would be celebrating SG-1's renewel.
                    That's got me wondering, do they have a show in reserve waiting for SG1 to vacate that friday prime time slot? I mean they'll surely be losing a bulk of their ratings when SG1 is gone, they must have something up their sleeves or else their screwing themselves as well as the SG1 fans.
                    Last edited by MelbournePates; 20 September 2006, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova
                      Lets boycott the Scifi channel shows and original movie except for Stargate Atlantis until they renew Stargate Sg-1
                      Oh for cry'n out loud, don't punish SciFi for making a business decission! Stargate SG-1 may be a huge success, but ultimately, it is one of SciFi's many TV shows. They seem to think that it's loosing it's audience, so they cancelled it. SciFi is willing to do a series of SG-1 TV movies. You should be happy!

The only reason to be mad at SciFi would over the stupid "contract clause" that prevents MGM from shopping SG-1 to another network.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson

The only reason to be mad at SciFi would over the stupid "contract clause" that prevents MGM from shopping SG-1 to another network.
                        Yeah that really annoys me, i'm not so pissed off about Scifi cancelling it from their line up (I live in Australia for crying out loud) but the fact that they are preventing it from going to annother channel and it having a second life is a low blow to the fans of this successful franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by MelbournePates
                          That's got me wondering, do they have a show in reserve waiting for SG1 to vacate that friday prime time slot? I mean they'll surely be losing a bulk of their ratings when SG1 is gone, they must have something up their sleeves or else their screwing themselves as well as the SG1 fans.
                          Starting in October, Friday line up is:

8:00 Doctor Who
                          9:00 BSG
                          10:00 Threshold reruns

Next year, after SG1 is "gone" "Painkiller Jane" and "Dresden Files" are possible Friday night fillers. SciFi has not guaranteed that Atlantis will stay on Fridays - it may be moved to a different night.

Eureka and Wrestling will stay tied together on Tuesdays (Eureka has been renewed).

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I still can't believe they are going to do it!! !0 years of Stargate, makes me sad!!

I hate Sci-Fi and hope they go down the drain!!

I also hope another network, if not in the US, picks up SG-1, like in Canada or even Sky in the UK !!!
                            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

SciFi knows what the show did for them when they got it after Showtime. IMHO they don't want it to hit another network, garner new fans (as well as taking the old ones with it) and possibly shoot straight up in the ratings again. Allowing a rebirth of SG1 for a competetor would be almost as stupid as cancelling it in the first place. They KNOW the series isn't dead.
                              Kinda seems like SciFi done grabbed itself a tiger by the tail, and their only option if this powerplay doesn't work, is kill the tiger.

Comment

Working...
                              X