This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secondary Characters

One of the things I've always liked about Stargate its wide array of secondary characters. However, I'm getting really annoyed lately at TPTB's obsession with killing them all off. I personally see absolutely no reason why
    Spoiler:
    Emmerson had to die.

They do seem to be making secondary characters much more disposable than before.

Spoiler:
    I'm not really that bothered about Emerson's death though. I never liked his character that much - too dry and bland.

There could be any number of reasons though - plot twists, creative differences, actor decisions.
    //

O'Neill: Phasers?
    Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

I personally liked the character of Col Emerson. That does suck that they are making the secondary characters so disposable.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

As long as Siler doesnt die, im happy...
        -- Brains12

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz
          I personally liked the character of Col Emerson. That does suck that they are making the secondary characters so disposable.
          So did I but it did parrell to a real world incident. In reality Carter would have done exactly as she did and the Commander would have been killed. I liked Emerson but it was releastic and didn't bother me except for shock value.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by brains12
            As long as Siler doesnt die, im happy...
            Just Siler? But what about Walter? Or that commissary server that starred in 48 Hours? (The one who didn't like McKay - he didn't say much, but that glare spoke volumes, and I LOVED his part in it Just seemed to be the icing on the cake.)

Where did come from, and what happened to the we know and love? (Shave Teal'c and give him back his staff weapon!)

My Fanfics Warning!: Some fics may contain , so non-S/J shippers BEWARE!

Comment

PSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Walter is so not a secondary character. He's right up there with Landry in my opinion.

Comment

If Walter dies I think there will be some form of violent attacks in Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                  So did I but it did parrell to a real world incident. In reality Carter would have done exactly as she did and the Commander would have been killed. I liked Emerson but it was releastic and didn't bother me except for shock value.
                  It was realistic. People do die all the time in combat situations. Bad things happen to good people. That's just a sad part of life. TPTB are just showing that. I thought the death fit well with the portrayal of the
                  Spoiler:
                  Lucian Alliance in the episode.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X