This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naquada as a galactic currency

Is it me or Naquada is becoming sort of a currency in the Sg universe.
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

It certainly seems so. But of course, naquada is in demand all the time and it may be in demand even more so since the Ori have invaded the galaxy. Just a thought.
    sigpic

GROOVY!!

<A href="http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=altonbrownrox">Play Trivia and Quizzes at FunTrivia.com</a>

Come and play trivia quizzes to your heart's desire!

Comment

personally i will not put radioactive money (Naquada) in my pocket

i remember an article about the secret police of East German government (during the cold War) sometime use radioactive material on money to track the movement of suspected citizen .If they kept a few note in their pocket long enough ,they could become Sterile.

Comment

It wouldn't be the first metal was a currency. i could do research and say something cool. but i'm tired and want to go to bed..

Gold

Comment

Naquadah is not radioactive.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonmatel
            It wouldn't be the first metal was a currency. i could do research and say something cool. but i'm tired and want to go to bed..

Gold
            One of the earliest forms of currency were staves of iron.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
              Naquadah is not radioactive.
              What do u mean it is not "Radioactive"

The Element is use in nuclear weapon, and reactor ,and also the powersource the stuff weapon, Remember that green glowing thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau

The Element is use in nuclear weapon, and reactor ,and also the powersource the stuff weapon, Remember that green glowing thing.
                There are diferent types of naquadah, the liquid stuff in the staffs, raw naquadah out of the ground and weapons grade. It's probably safe because if it's not then all those planets with naquadah mines should be pretty dangerous to the people living on them and working in those mines.

It's added to nukes yes, but that's probably because it tends to explode when it is exposed to a lot of energy, thus increasing the power of the nuke.
                "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Just because it is used in nuclear reactions does not mean it is radioactive. GW omnipedia says it has highly explosive properties, but nothing about radioactivity.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

heres a good one

Like C4 the genii use for there nukes...its not radioactive
                    anyway...and plus...the goaudl host has naq in there bloodstream right...now even with a symboite it would kill the host to fast and put to much of a strain on the gouald to heal everything it prooves to me and all of us naq isnt radioactove
                    DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

Originally posted by [SGC_ReplicÅtors]
                      heres a good one

Like C4 the genii use for there nukes...its not radioactive
                      anyway...and plus...the goaudl host has naq in there bloodstream right...now even with a symboite it would kill the host to fast and put to much of a strain on the gouald to heal everything it prooves to me and all of us naq isnt radioactove

Yeah, that's true.

The SGC occupies two or three worlds rich with Naquada, they could buy a fleet scout ships.
                      sigpic
                      The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

The gate's made of Naquada.

Comment

Naquada is definitely serving as currency these days. It makes sense though. It can be used for so many varying purposes, it would be valuable to a great many worlds.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                            Naquada is definitely serving as currency these days. It makes sense though. It can be used for so many varying purposes, it would be valuable to a great many worlds.
                            It makes alot of sense. So many different uses, nuclear, ships, reactor, paper weight.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by [SGC_ReplicÅtors]
                              heres a good one

Like C4 the genii use for there nukes...its not radioactive,
                              An element is radioactive it it give off radiation.
                              I remember form varies of episode, sam mention naquada radiation, And Naqudria is a variant of Naquada.Remember Daniel was exposed to the Naqudria radiation ,and the ascension was the only way for him to survive, and then restore his health (by descension)
                              Jonas 's teacher was suffering from the Naqudria radiation and suffer dementia .

I am not say Naquad is dangerous like Chernobyl, but even in it's raw and unprocess form it give off a weak radiation .What are the side effect of keeping them in you pocket like money.
                              Cancer, Sterility and mental health problem like Jonas's teacher.

and but we know Jonas teacher suffer mental health problem as result of long term exposure to weapon grade Naqaudria
                              Last edited by ckwongau; 18 September 2006, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X