Questions on Go'uld Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on Go'uld Technology

I know that the Gould steal technology, like the Stargates, from the Ancients and other races.

Where did they get their ships? Did they come from the Ancients (look different than the Puddle Jumpers) or another race?

Do they have the ability to build Stargates? They have them on their motherships, which I assume they build since we blow them up from time-to-time. I would imagine they need to build new ones.

If so, do they build them collectively or does each System Lord have his/her own Stargate/Ship factory out there?

Just some thoughts.

They build their own ships. They take bits and pieces of different race's technologies and integrate them with some duck tape and crazy glue.

They cannot built Stargates- they aren't smart enough. They just steal them from other, desolate planets and off they go.

From what we have seen, there are no factories. The ships are built one at a time. Can you imagine the sheer amount of raw material one would need to build a mothership?? Enslaved planets can only do so much!

Comment

Seems to me that they know how to build their own ships. They've reached interstellar power. There are supposedly different levels of power that experts say th future is starting to look like.

1. Nuclear
      2. Interplanetery
      3. Interstellar
      4. Intergalactical

Or omething like that. The Goa'uld are at number 3, but they still aren't smart enough to go ahead of that. Especially when it comes to builbing Stargates, which is kind of between 3 and 4.

Comment

yeah they build their own ships, you see them do so in a few episode, where sg-1 blows them up. As for them stealing the designs of the ships i doubt it. Perhaps they just used the stolen information to build a ship of their own (diff. design, same basic systems as the races they stole it from). As for gates, no the ancients built that crap, the system lords wouldn't and probably can't build one anyways

Comment

The Goa'uld rarely cooperate with each other, so if one Goa'uld develops some kick-a** technology, they aren't gonna share it with the rest of them, which makes it difficult to gauge how advanced the Goa'uld truely are.
          Rocky

Comment

true but when you watch the episode with the protected planets treaty, lord Yu discovers that nirti has phase-shift tech. He then says "how dare you not share this new tech with the system lords" perhaps they have some sort of system worked out. Like if one holds back on tech, the others retaliate untill the tech. is shared.

Comment

I disagree, seeing as Anubis had all this cool tech that he never shared with the rest of the system lords. Apophis was the same way. Whoever doesn't have the tech will want it, thus explaining Lord Yu's comment.
              Rocky

Comment

yeah but remember that Anubis was belived to be dead. No one knew he was back untill that summit meeting. Not to mention his new tech gave him a huge advantage. So the system lords had to unite anyways to kill him, not like they could do anything else

Comment

But even a year later, when the system lords were rallied against him, were they going out of there way to get his tech? Basically, if you're a system lord, and you get something cool, you keep it to yourself.
                  Rocky

Comment

thats true but if it is something little like the phase shift tech or even the sarcoughagus, then that doesn't give you a huge advantage in battle. So they could actually force them into handing it over. But if it was something like energy resistant armor, that when worn makes you invulnerable to any gou'ald weapon, yeah then theirs nothing anyone can do about it, he would just wipe em out. Well for the exception of becomming Anubis' biatch

Comment

i almost forgot, after they found out about nirti attacking cronus during an asgaurd treaty, they took her forces and all her territory, So they can hav a sort of system that punishes system lords

Comment

Nirti was cool, she was all about poisons and genetics, I liked her.
                        But i highly doubt she planned on handing out the recipie for a hok'tar (advanced human for hosts) so in the end the system lords would have just banded together and assasinated her. She would have gotten a hok'tar completed if those meddling kids hadn't stepped in. Eventually she'd have mass produced them. So basically you have several hundred beings rivaling anubis's power, in a different way, and a weakened gould. Her lack of jaffa would have made her desperate, and since everyone has read dune, we all know that a desperate enemy is the worst kind of enemy.
                        -erik

Comment

Wasn't there an episode showing many slaves building a mothership and it was held up by anti gravity platforms and then SG-1 or rebel Jaffa destroyed it? I think season 7?
                          I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by TrustNo1
                            Wasn't there an episode showing many slaves building a mothership and it was held up by anti gravity platforms and then SG-1 or rebel Jaffa destroyed it? I think season 7?
                            Yeah, its called Orpheus.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

I think whether or not the general attitude is to share tech, the bottom line is the power base shifts all the time with the System Lords. Hence, eventually one system lord will subsume another's territory, army and tech. So it gets spread around. Kind of like a wierd, alien osmosis.

And remember kids, sharing is caring.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Working...
                              X