This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth vs. Lucian Alliance

I just had a dream after watching Sg-1 and it just pop into my frawn. The Lucian Alliance strikes the Alpha Site, taking over the planet and the base earth built there. The SGC dispatch the Odyssey and the Daedulas to investigate why the Alpha Site hasnt check in every 24 hours.

Once they got out of hyperspace, the Lucian Alliance ships start firing at the Earth ships. The Daedulas strike back with a strafing run, destroying one Ha'tak vessel and disabling the other. The Odyssey new commander beam the Marines down to the planet battling the Lucian Alliance soldiers. A first major victory.

A scout ship pilot report to Netan that the strike was a failure and decide to strike Earth with every available ships they got.
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

you assuming that the 304 coil guns ammo can penetrate hatak shields.
    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Personally, I'd prefer that we never see the Lucian alliance again, and the remaining ten episodes deal solely with the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by illspirit
        Personally, I'd prefer that we never see the Lucian alliance again, and the remaining ten episodes deal solely with the Ori.
        I like the ucian Alliance storyline but with the cancellation of SG-1 you will likely get your wish.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Dont worry about it, another network will pick it up.
          sigpic
          The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova
            Dont worry about it, another network will pick it up.

I love the dream world some people live in.

Comment

I like the Lucian Alliance simply because they are a group of bad guys that do not need to have remarkable inherent powers, they don't need Anceint technology, they don't need any bag of tricks beyond the technology that they inherited from the Goa'uld... and yet they pose a very definite threat to Humanity. Even with the ships that Earth has, if the Alliance decided to attack our world we wouldn't have a chance, any more than we would have had the Goa'uld decided to. They could pop in, bombard the surface, and pop out. Our global infrastructure would be decimated. Heck, even a couple of ships could do that.

This is also why I liked the possibility of the Jaffa as the enemy (once again a possibility). They were big, they were bad, but they weren't so over the top that an intense new storyline had to be developed to deal with them (ala Ori).

I guess I just like bad guys that are no different than the average Human. Save that they are not shy about being complete and total barbarians, something that gives them the edge in the psychological portion of the war.

...John...
              "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
              -----

Comment

The alliance is a great bad guy. Someone you can fight with. Plus cam now has a bad guy with a face to define him.

Comment

Originally posted by Maastrichian
                  I like the Lucian Alliance simply because they are a group of bad guys that do not need to have remarkable inherent powers, they don't need Anceint technology, they don't need any bag of tricks beyond the technology that they inherited from the Goa'uld... and yet they pose a very definite threat to Humanity. Even with the ships that Earth has, if the Alliance decided to attack our world we wouldn't have a chance, any more than we would have had the Goa'uld decided to. They could pop in, bombard the surface, and pop out. Our global infrastructure would be decimated. Heck, even a couple of ships could do that.
                  Well, there's always the Antarctic Weapon. Now that they've figured out how to have a series of naqueda reactors power it Earth isn't totally defenseless if they decided to take that course of action.

And even if it wasn't operational, the Lucian Alliance doesn't know that. All they know is Earth has a weapon that wiped out Anubis' fleet and it would probably be very dangerous to attack Earth itself.

Course, that doesn't stop them from messing with the SGC everywhere besides Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Maastrichian

This is also why I liked the possibility of the Jaffa as the enemy (once again a possibility). They were big, they were bad, but they weren't so over the top that an intense new storyline had to be developed to deal with them (ala Ori).

I guess I just like bad guys that are no different than the average Human. Save that they are not shy about being complete and total barbarians, something that gives them the edge in the psychological portion of the war.

...John...
                    I like the Lucian Aliance and the jaffa as a bad guy for the same reasons you do but I like the Ori for the fact that they are so powerfull with few weaknesses. The unstopable enemy is always a favorite plot of mine.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by illspirit
                      I kind of agree but then again I really like how the Lucian Alliance has developed into another one of our enemies. It just brings more possible stories and more interest in one way. But I agree that the Ori problem and Merlin's weapons need to be the main focus, and the L.A. be a side story.

Comment

all we have to do is nuke them or send the wraith after them
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

But what if they take out our naquada mines, we be defenseless without the naquada enhance missiles to strike them and making more F-302 and DSC-304. I would like the SGC designe a compact ship like the Defiante to battle the Lucian Alliance.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                            you assuming that the 304 coil guns ammo can penetrate hatak shields.
                            They're rail guns not coil guns.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                              They're rail guns not coil guns.
                              They are Rail guns, you could prefer Gause Cannon but you might confuse people with a fabric.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X