X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Job = Red Shirt

Spoiler:
    Anyone else notice that being the captain of one of our spaceships is like wearing "The Red Shirt"?

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
    - Stephen Colbert
    "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

[QUOTE=DysfunctionalVeteran].

Spoiler:
    Anyone else notice that being the captain of one of our spaceships is like wearing "The Red Shirt"?

Yeah but being a captain of an Earth ship you need to be aware of the risks b/c we have many enemies.1The Ori 2. The Lucian Alliance 3. The Free Jaffa. 4. The Trust 5.Baal
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

That's just the way it is.

If you're not on the main cast, you're a red shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi

The same thing with every show except Firefly, in which case even if you're on the main cast you're a redshirt.
        Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
        Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
        -Audioslave

Comment

Cawdwell's still around and ole Ronson never bit the dust, he's just kel'no'acting.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
            The same thing with every show except Firefly, in which case even if you're on the main cast you're a redshirt.
            Its the same thing with any of Joss Whedon's shows, believe me.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi

Pretty much. Even then, you're not always safe.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Its atlantis who has the red shirts. Anyone on atlantis you have never seen before and talks alot will die. You know its true.

Comment

I see it. They have red shirts.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                    Its the same thing with any of Joss Whedon's shows, believe me.
                    Nah, the only regular cast members who ever died (whithout coming back) on Buffy and Angel died in the season finale.

Comment

*cough*Doyle*cough* *cough*Cordelia*cough**cough*Tara(though only for THAT episode*cough*

Yup, SG1 has it easy compared to Whedon's shows, that man will kill anyone!
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                        *cough*Doyle*cough* *cough*Cordelia*cough**cough*Tara(though only for THAT episode*cough*

Cordelia wasn't a cast member for Season 5, though.

And you left out Fred (although I heard that Whedon was planning on having Willow bring her back in Season 6 by separating her from Illyria).

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                          Cawdwell's still around and ole Ronson never bit the dust, he's just kel'no'acting.
                          But Atlantis
                          Spoiler:
                          even Caldwell had to suffer being Go'aulded by the Trust

I think only one man is mighty enough to command an earth ship without hardship or dying: Hammond

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod

Yeah, but Doyle wasn't a regular for an entire season even. He was in, what, 11 episodes (unless you count when they viewed the tape again)?

Cordelia stopped being a regular cast member when he went into her littla coma (because, really, it'd be stupid to have her appear in every episode comatose) and Tara was never a regular (though she should've been).

And when I saw her in the opening credits, I just knew something horrible would happen.

I don't really count Fred turning into Illyria as dying. And the whole "Willow's gonna separate them" sounds mightily suspicious. According to Illyria, Fred's soul was destroyed when Illyria entered our world. She might just not know better, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                              Yeah, but Doyle wasn't a regular for an entire season even. He was in, what, 11 episodes (unless you count when they viewed the tape again)?

Cordelia stopped being a regular cast member when he went into her littla coma (because, really, it'd be stupid to have her appear in every episode comatose) and Tara was never a regular (though she should've been).

And when I saw her in the opening credits, I just knew something horrible would happen.

I don't really count Fred turning into Illyria as dying. And the whole "Willow's gonna separate them" sounds mightily suspicious. According to Illyria, Fred's soul was destroyed when Illyria entered our world. She might just not know better, though.
                              The rumor was that Freds soul wasn't destroyed but buried deep down by Illyria

In the next season Fred would start to re-assert herself and the two would start fighting over the body - then Willow would try to seperate them
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X