Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was in "Company of Thieves" ((Spoilers Within!!))

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in "Company of Thieves" ((Spoilers Within!!))

Hi everyone. I'm an actor and extra here in Vancouver. I've been working on Stargate for years and years. (A few days here a few days there) And am usually one of the guys in a blue jumpsuit, filling the frame behind the actors.

Some days I do camera wipes. I was once a farmer who worshipped an asgardian god, and I've also been a soldier/technician/patient at SG1 more than once. I was O'neills foot once back in season four. And have also been just a lowly bystander passing by the characters in the street. And finally here... in season 10. I got a moment to shine. So I hope you don't mind I wanted to share..

In "Company of Thieves" I'm the weapons officer on the Lucian Alliance ship. I have no lines. But ended up with way more screentime than I was expecting. I'm the one standing at the front of the bridge. And in the two shots with the Captain, I'm the one on the left. In the front of frame.

Woo! Loved SG1. Loved working on it... and now I get to be a little part of SG1 history...

Last edited by underduck; 16 September 2006, 01:42 PM.

And these were from some photos that the Make-up department were kind enough to take.

I was blind all day and had a rash on my head for a week following... but I'd do it again happily.

Comment

Dude, that is way cool!! would love to hear more of your stories!

Comment

WOW sweet UBER COOL
        DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
          That was incredibly rude, Capt.Mal Reynolds.

underduck, Thank You for sharing your experience. And I'll echo cyndyz: I'd love to hear any stories you'd like to share.
          your assuming it's true
          Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 16 September 2006, 02:46 PM.
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Mal...you used to be one of the nicer posters here, but over the last couple of months your posts have become more and more obnoxius

great make-up pic underduck!
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I blogged about it back in June http://www.underduck.com/index.php?e...ate=2006-06-15

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                your assuming it's true lol
                Meh, three of my friends have been extra's on SG-1. One buddy is gonna get some decent screentime in The Quest Pt.1.

You know there have been hundreds if not thousands of different extra's on the show. It's well within the realm of possibility. You could walk down Robson Street in Vancouver, ask someone if they've been an extra on SG-1 and they'd probably say yes. Even if he is lying, who the hell cares. I give him the benefit of the doubt. Good stuff.

Comment

Heck yeah. As a working extra in Vancouver, Stargate is one of the more prominent shows. They're always having BG days. The better gigs are getting continuity in the control room... cushy... chairs on wheeeeels... and it's indoors, not some forest up in Maple Ridge.

Comment

Originally posted by underduck
                    Hi everyone. I'm an actor and extra here in Vancouver. I've been working on Stargate for years and years. (A few days here a few days there) And am usually one of the guys in a blue jumpsuit, filling the frame behind the actors.

Some days I do camera wipes. I was once a farmer who worshipped an asgardian god, and I've also been a soldier/technician/patient at SG1 more than once. I was O'neills foot once back in season four. And have also been just a lowly bystander passing by the characters in the street. And finally here... in season 10. I got a moment to shine. So I hope you don't mind I wanted to share..

In "Company of Thieves" I'm the weapons officer on the Lucian Alliance ship. I have no lines. But ended up with way more screentime than I was expecting. I'm the one standing at the front of the bridge. And in the two shots with the Captain, I'm the one on the left. In the front of frame.

Woo! Loved SG1. Loved working on it... and now I get to be a little part of SG1 history...

Welcome to Gateworld! We're a very nice bunch of Stargate fans....the more the merrier. I'm not a professional actor, but I get to make a very small place in SG-1 history myself next week. I get to be a science tech in Daniel's lab, in the next to last episode Dominion. It's going to be fun and sad at the same time.

Glad you could join us and hope you get to work more on Stargate Atlantis.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

your assuming it's true lol
                      Mal, I've learned that the majority of people who post on GW are real deal. I've met actors and actor's mothers here already.....so if someone says they were an extra, I tend to believe them. Six people, two from here, have already landed walk on parts on Atlantis and SG-1 this year. I'm the last of the six....I leave for Vancouver late Sunday and have to be at the studio Wednesday and Thursday. If you don't believe me, fine, but a real word of caution. Don't assume someone is lying.....it's sometimes better to just assume they are telling the truth. No harm done then.
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        Mal...you used to be one of the nicer posters here, but over the last couple of months your posts have become more and more obnoxius

great make-up pic underduck!
                        I know i delete my post ......Honesty i need to get away from Gateworld for a while ....... GW is getting under my skin

I'm sorry everyone

especially Underduck I'm sorry
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I've just finished a bit of soul searching and I've decided to give acting a try...I've always loved acting, and did as much as I could through school...I gave up on the idea of it as a career, but I'd love to do any acting I can get.

Hearing every snippet about acting first-hand from actors is prompting me to do this...so thank you!!!

*goes off to look at the student unions list at her Uni's website*
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I know i delete my post ......Honesty i need to get away from Gateworld for a while ....... GW is getting under my skin

I'm sorry everyone

especially Underduck I'm sorry
                            Mal, no worries at all. Anyone who names himself after the finest Captain in the 'verse, is beyond cool in my books.

Fellow browncoat here.

cheers,
                            ud

Comment

oy.......
                              A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Working...
                              X