This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Half of Season 10 as Season 11?

I just watched tonight's epsiode of SG-1, and SCI-FI anounced 10x10 as the season finale. Does this mean that they are going to claim the second half of season ten as a season 11?

Originally posted by LiquidBlue
    I just watched tonight's epsiode of SG-1, and SCI-FI anounced 10x10 as the season finale. Does this mean that they are going to claim the second half of season ten as a season 11?
    They probably meant the mid-season finale or something like that.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Well, it will be six months before the second half of this season, right?

That's a lot more than was between the end of S9 and S10.

So really, just semantics.

And SciFi being retarded beyond belief.

Comment

mid season finale there do that every year SG-1 and SGA starts up again march 7th

there been doing it since moving to scifi back in season 6
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Since Sci-Fi said the same thing about Atlantis 3x10, I guess they won't try to pass off a season 11. It just that I don't remember them saying the same thing about previous mid-seaon breaks. I guess that just go to show.

Comment

god dammit. it's the summer season finale. get that through your heads. they did this last year and the year before that
            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
              god dammit. it's the summer season finale. get that through your heads. they did this last year and the year before that
              Easy fella! There's no harm in the question.

Anyways, I was really expecting that anyways. Last year I didn't know what to think of it, but this time I was ready.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i remember the exact same questions being asked last year.

so they definatlly did say the same thing

Comment

The funny thing about the blurb is that it said: "And in the season finale..." No "And in the mid-season finale..." But then again, with so many episodes left, of course next Friday's episode isn't the season finale. It would have better all around if they just left out the "season finale" part.

Stargate said the same thing as well.

There had to be a slightly better way to market the mid-season hiatus.

Comment

Take a deep breath and relax........

Comment

Yep. The word "season" has multiple meanings, not just one.

Maybe it would be better if the U.S. adapted the word "series", as they do in the U.K., for the one meaning of the word "season"--a set of episodes that were filmed as a contractual set and generally filmed continuously.

That way the people who can't deal with words that have multiple meanings won't get confused.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        Easy fella! There's no harm in the question.

Anyways, I was really expecting that anyways. Last year I didn't know what to think of it, but this time I was ready.
                        I agree a bit much but the idiots at scifi have done that since season 6 and for some reason the same idiots are still there. They got it right once I don't remeber when since scifi raely make a good descision. Don't fret folks it's just the Summer finale not Series finale which is what they will call it.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
                          Yep. The word "season" has multiple meanings, not just one.

Maybe it would be better if the U.S. adapted the word "series", as they do in the U.K., for the one meaning of the word "season"--a set of episodes that were filmed as a contractual set and generally filmed continuously.

That way the people who can't deal with words that have multiple meanings won't get confused.
                          So, instead of "Season finale", we get a "series finale"?

I'm pretty sure that will confuse a lot more people.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            So, instead of "Season finale", we get a "series finale"?

I'm pretty sure that will confuse a lot more people.
                            Very true. However at the end season 10 it will likely be labeled a seires finale.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

well here in the uk series ten is due to start in a month or so on sky one and run continiuasly through to the "last ever episode" (episode 24?) of sg1 , when we say a series finale we mean the last episode in the show for its current run.
                              It appears that we will have seen the end of sg1 before it airs in the states.
                              It does seem very sillythe way American tv schedulers run things by breaking up a series halfway through and having a huge gap. I notice stargate isnt the only show that does this though.
                              Its almost like Americans dont have the attention span to watch one series end to end week-in week-out, or at least thats the impression it gives......

Comment

Working...
                              X