Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remebering something from season 9...(spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remebering something from season 9...(spoilers)

Note before you read this: I haven't read any spoilers, so this may seem stupid if this stuff is mentioned in future spoilers. Also, a quick search didn't turn up any obvious threads that were on this same topic, but who knows, I might have missed one if it exists. Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Anyway, I was just remembering an episode of season 9 called "Ripple Effect". In that ep Dark Cam said "cut the green one". Presumably he was referring to some event of great importance that had happened in his own universe.

It seemed to me, based on what this alternate team said, that they had come not only from another universe, but from the future. This is based on several things they said and did:

1) Teal'c is seen hitting our universe's Cameron, and Alt-Cameron says something to the effect of "you enjoyed that didn't you". In the rest of season 9 and the beginning of season 10 we have now seen Teal’c hit (or try to hit) Cam several times, and he seems amused each time he does this, just as the Alt-Teal’c did.

EDIT: Spoilers are for Mckay and Mrs. Miller. Sorry about that DavetheAvatar.
    Spoiler:
    2) In the last Episode of Atlantis we saw that their ZPM was depleted. In the Alt-universe that Dark-SG1 came from, their Atlantis didn't have a ZPM.

3) One of the members of the Dark-SG1 mentions that they had "failed to stop the second Ori beachhead. We saw this second Ori beachhead form in Camelot.

EDIT: I forgot my conclusion. Anywho, I am now wondering if the conclusion to the Ripple Effect plot thread may be coming soon.
    Last edited by gopher65; 20 September 2006, 04:50 AM.

Originally posted by gopher65
    EDIT: I forgot my conclusion. Anywho, I am now wondering if the conclusion to the Ripple Effect plot thread may be coming soon.
    We can only hope.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

And Bra'tac is the leader of the Free Jaffa in the alt-universe. With the destruction of Dakara and presumably the scattering of Jaffa leaders, suppose he might step up some time soon?

Comment

Ah good point nyxlily! I missed that one.

Comment

Yes, its reminds me a lot of "There but for the Grace of God," only the threat to our Earth was much more immediate on that occassion.
          //

O'Neill: Phasers?
          Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
            And Bra'tac is the leader of the Free Jaffa in the alt-universe. With the destruction of Dakara and presumably the scattering of Jaffa leaders, suppose he might step up some time soon?
            Makes sense to me. All the other Jaffa leaders so far have been idiots, Bra'tac needs to teach them a thing or two.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Note before you read this: I haven't read any spoilers, so this may seem stupid if this stuff is mentioned in future spoilers. Also, a quick search didn't turn up any obvious threads that were on this same topic, but who knows, I might have missed one if it exists. Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Anyway, I was just remembering an episode of season 9 called "Ripple Effect". In that ep Dark Cam said "cut the green one". Presumably he was referring to some event of great importance that had happened in his own universe.

It seemed to me, based on what this alternate team said, that they had come not only from another universe, but from the future. This is based on several things they said and did:

1) Teal'c is seen hitting our universe's Cameron, and Alt-Cameron says something to the effect of "you enjoyed that didn't you". In the rest of season 9 and the beginning of season 10 we have now seen Teal’c hit (or try to hit) Cam several times, and he seems amused each time he does this, just as the Alt-Teal’c did.

Spoiler:
              2) In the last Episode of Atlantis we saw that their ZPM was depleted. In the Alt-universe that Dark-SG1 came from, their Atlantis didn't have a ZPM.

3) One of the members of the Dark-SG1 mentions that they had "failed to stop the second Ori beachhead. We saw this second Ori beachhead form in Camelot.

I knew the minute I read your thread title it was going to be about this. I too, have wondered if this will ever be addressed.

Comment

That would be very interesting if that came into play in future episodes of both SG-1 and Atlantis.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Spoiler:

I'm liking the sound of this and unlike most of the theories I see around, it's not beyond the realms of possibility. One thing I am annoyed about is that Atlantis spoiler. I hadn't got around to watching that episode yet and I'd assumed that it would be an SG-1 spoiler being based on Ripple Effect. Ah well, it's my own fault really...
                  It'll never fit in there you know...

Comment

actually wasn't in arthur's mantle that teal'c tried to hit an out of phase cam? that's beside the point maybe...

Comment

Well didn't Joe Mallozzi in his blog say that RE had foreshadowing for alot of S10 eps and he rattled off a list. If some one found this list and any of the episode have yet to air then its a good possibility that one of those eps is the one where this come back.

Perfecto!

Comment

So we will actually find out what Alt Cam meant when he said cut the green wire

Comment

Actually, I think that green wire thing is passed and gone. Counterstrike was the last episode Joe mentioned.

Unless, of course, they decide to actually do a "follow up" to that line, but that would be after the fact (ie. they didn't plan the line to be a reference at all).

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            Actually, I think that green wire thing is passed and gone. Counterstrike was the last episode Joe mentioned.

Unless, of course, they decide to actually do a "follow up" to that line, but that would be after the fact (ie. they didn't plan the line to be a reference at all).
                            Well it's possible that it may not have been adressed. I think it's possible that that event could happen in the finale. Possibly a last ditch effort to stop a third wave.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                              Well it's possible that it may not have been adressed. I think it's possible that that event could happen in the finale. Possibly a last ditch effort to stop a third wave.
                              Hmm. an interesting possibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X