Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will they leave us hanging in the final episode?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will they leave us hanging in the final episode?

Since Sg1 has been cancled, im just wondering, what will happen with the episodes towards the end of the season?

will they wrap up the story line or leave us in the middle with no proper ending because they pulled the plug?

thats the worst when a show is cancled and we dont get closure, kinda like Dark Angel

IIRC in an interview on gateworld someone said along the lines of, this was the first year (since s4 iirc) that they didnt intend it to be a series final, so if thats the case it would probably be in the air like in atlantis' season 2 final.

Comment

MY vote will be more then likely. But it will probably set up for a tv movie/mini series/or spinoff series. the hardest part will be the long wait for the conclusion to the cliffhanger, which will be decidedly longer then a mid season or season finale break.

Comment

Personally I think in the very last episode we'll be seeing Priors on Earth, then you'll see people bowing & the last words will be Hallored are the Ori, Halled are the children are the Ori etc.

It'll go into a 4 part mini-series to end it all completely, this is where they will finally announce the existence of the SG project to the entire world etc.

If they don't have a deal to get a S11 from ST or someone like that, then that's the only real way to end it that can be done!

Comment

The last two or three episodes were written after the cancellation, so hopefully we won't get a cliffhanger.

Comment

From what I've heard from Vancouver, tptb knew about the cancellation before the 200th episode aired. From my understanding of the conversation, the last several episodes were changed, but at this time, I don't know what the changes were. I do know the next to last episode shoots, beginning on or about 9/18, with the final episode scheduled for the following week. The next to last show will be entitled Dominion, but as yet, I don't have the storyline. As for whether we'll be "left hanging"....everyone connected with the show was already on board for another season, and they are still adament that SG-1 will continue, in some form, after this season. So, I can only assume, we'll be left with a lot of unresolved issues, all the better for another season, in some form, or a mini-series or movie.

While in Vancouver, I'll try my best to gleem as much info as I can. I'll also be getting lots of pics, but will probably not be able to post most of them online. It's SOP.

Later....
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I think its almost certain that there is going to be some form of continuation of SG1 with mini series/t.v. movie e.t.c. if they can't get a deal struck for an 11th season. So IMHO there will be some sort of cliffhanger, but it might not be extremely huge, however personally, I would love a HUGE cliffhanger.

However I'm going to do my best not to spoil the last episodes for myself, I really want the last episodes to be a huge surprise.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

I think that it will end as a cliffhanger just for the sheer evilness of it.

Comment

Either a major victory or a Major defeat, proberly taking place in one important location, stuff happens. the end

Basically leaving it wide open to a what happens next season after wards for the next x number of years

my best guess, itl just be like any other season

like lost city parts 1 + 2

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                    IIRC in an interview on gateworld someone said along the lines of, this was the first year (since s4 iirc) that they didnt intend it to be a series final, so if thats the case it would probably be in the air like in atlantis' season 2 final.

Camelot definitely wasn't a series finale.

My vote? Cliffhanger, the writing team definitely isn't done with SG-1 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
                      I think that it will end as a cliffhanger just for the sheer evilness of it.
                      I think it will end on a cliffhanger as well, but not to be evil. They will pick up the story in the mini-series or tv movie.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        I think it will end on a cliffhanger as well, but not to be evil. They will pick up the story in the mini-series or tv movie.
                        I agree. For some reason the idea of a cliffhanger sounds better and better but I still want the kind of finasle where it's like we know our main characters are ok and we have a major victory and then the Miniseries should be titled Stargate SG-1:Retribution
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'm betting there will be a cliff hanger. I would love to see priors on Earth at the end, but only if we know there will be a miniseries or season 11 (please). I don't want to be left hanging too long, but I'd rather not have complete closure on the entire series. It might prevent them from making more movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                            From what I've heard from Vancouver, tptb knew about the cancellation before the 200th episode aired. From my understanding of the conversation, the last several episodes were changed, but at this time, I don't know what the changes were. I do know the next to last episode shoots, beginning on or about 9/18, with the final episode scheduled for the following week. The next to last show will be entitled Dominion, but as yet, I don't have the storyline. As for whether we'll be "left hanging"....everyone connected with the show was already on board for another season, and they are still adament that SG-1 will continue, in some form, after this season. So, I can only assume, we'll be left with a lot of unresolved issues, all the better for another season, in some form, or a mini-series or movie.

While in Vancouver, I'll try my best to gleem as much info as I can. I'll also be getting lots of pics, but will probably not be able to post most of them online. It's SOP.

Later....
                            Dominion eh? Niiice. Reminds me of Deep Space Nine.

So, do you have contacts within Bridge or something? If it's confidential then by all means skip by this post.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                              Dominion eh? Niiice. Reminds me of Deep Space Nine.
                              Please. There's more to that word than just that empire.

The definition is as such: 1. Rule or power to rule. 2. A governed territory, or, sometimes a self-governing nation.

I tend to think the episode title would refer to the former rather than the latter. I have, however, known to be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X