X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Weapon, the Anciets, and Interference

spoilers may ensue, read at your own peril

we all know that the ancients refuse to interfere in our problems with the ori. we also know that morgan le fay was a hair's breadth from telling daniel what he thought he needed to know about the weapon. she was quickly whisked away before "interfering". but i wonder, how does revealing the location of a weapon to help us fight our enemies constitute interfering? after all, daniel was NOT whisked away when he "crossed the line" and helped jonas find Ra's cache. he was not whisked away until he tried to defeat anubis. the only reason he was whisked away then was because he would have ended Oma's punishment. i do not think that his destruction of anubis would have been whisk-worthy had anubis not been a punishment for Oma. daniel did a LOT of interfering when he helped jonas. so i again wonder why exactly Morgan was whisked away.

stepping outside the TV screen and into the literary structure of Stargate, we can surmise, given how adament the ancients are about not interfering, and how painfully often we are reminded of it, that they will eventually interfere in whats going on. but not how the SGC wants them to.

i believe that the weapon will affect not only the ori but the ancients as well and may damn near destroy them. this would explain why morgan le fay was whisked away. revealing the location of a weapon to fight the ori is no more interference than daniel telling sam to use the infrared light on her weapon to open ra's cache, or Oma telling daniel where he placed his glasses.

i believe that they whisked her away to prevent her from telling us where to find a weapon that will destroy them as well.

i also believe that,
    Spoiler:
    given that 2 upcoming episodes are named The Quest,
    that we (sorry, SG-1) will indeed find the weapon and that when we do, and we decide to use it against the Ori, the ancients will FINALLY step in and interfere. BUT, they will not step in on our side, nor on the Ori's side. instead, they will step in merely to preserve themselves from the effects of the weapon.

this would work very well, story-wise, as having them step in and help us would be no surprise, having them stay ascended and doing nothing would be no surprise, having them help the Ori is blasphemy. and while them stepping in would not be a surprise, steppin in to preserve themselves is the most logical.

and this would rewrite our assumptions of their reasoning behind preventing some of themselves from interfering (ie Morgan, etc...)
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Oma was the one who stepped in when Daniel tried to destroy Anubis. What Daniel helped Jonas was nothing compared to what Morgan Le Fey was going to do. The Ancients are scared that someone like Baal could find the weapon and use it on them. The weapon must be well hidden other wise they wouldn't stop her. They are saving themselves even though if we don't find the weapon then the Ancients will be defeated.

Comment

Daniel: "Why is it okay to break some rules but not others?"
      Oma: "How deep is the river you cannot see the bottom?"

The Ascended Beings work in mysterious ways and there are ways to thread the line. Some things are okay. Others are not.

Daniel went and told Jack about Anubis' planned attack on Abydos. He also told the System Lords about it.

We can only imagine that what Morgan Le Fay was going to do was some interfering on a large scale.

Comment

Actually, Oma stopped Daniel, but when he asked her about it, Oma said that the other's would have been far worse on him, so in a sense she was protecting him.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
          Daniel: "Why is it okay to break some rules but not others?"
          Oma: "How deep is the river you cannot see the bottom?"

The Ascended Beings work in mysterious ways and there are ways to thread the line. Some things are okay. Others are not.

Daniel went and told Jack about Anubis' planned attack on Abydos. He also told the System Lords about it.

We can only imagine that what Morgan Le Fay was going to do was some interfering on a large scale.
          To me, the Ancient rule-book just doesn't make any sense. Some things are ok. Other things aren't. They need to be a little more consistent in their decisions.

If they're not careful, their whole non-interference rule may come back to bite them. Especially if they continue to let the Ori gain more and more power. Sooner of later, the Ori may reach a point where they feel they can challenge the Ancients directly and win.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano
            i believe that the weapon will affect not only the ori but the ancients as well and may damn near destroy them. this would explain why morgan le fay was whisked away. revealing the location of a weapon to fight the ori is no more interference than daniel telling sam to use the infrared light on her weapon to open ra's cache, or Oma telling daniel where he placed his glasses.

i believe that they whisked her away to prevent her from telling us where to find a weapon that will destroy them as well.

i also believe that,
            Spoiler:
            given that 2 upcoming episodes are named The Quest,
            that we (sorry, SG-1) will indeed find the weapon and that when we do, and we decide to use it against the Ori, the ancients will FINALLY step in and interfere. BUT, they will not step in on our side, nor on the Ori's side. instead, they will step in merely to preserve themselves from the effects of the weapon.

this would work very well, story-wise, as having them step in and help us would be no surprise, having them stay ascended and doing nothing would be no surprise, having them help the Ori is blasphemy. and while them stepping in would not be a surprise, steppin in to preserve themselves is the most logical.

and this would rewrite our assumptions of their reasoning behind preventing some of themselves from interfering (ie Morgan, etc...)
            I agree that the weapon would hurt our Ancients. But Only if used in our galaxy. Remember the Ori themselves are still in Celestis the havent yet came to the MW just the Priors and their followers. So we would need to send the weapon through to the Ori galaxy.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

thats going to be hard
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                I agree that the weapon would hurt our Ancients. But Only if used in our galaxy. Remember the Ori themselves are still in Celestis the havent yet came to the MW just the Priors and their followers. So we would need to send the weapon through to the Ori galaxy.
                who says it only works in our galaxy? the difference between galaxies is no different than between stars.... just a much larger distance
                Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                  Actually, Oma stopped Daniel, but when he asked her about it, Oma said that the other's would have been far worse on him, so in a sense she was protecting him.
                  When did I ever deny this?

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  To me, the Ancient rule-book just doesn't make any sense. Some things are ok. Other things aren't. They need to be a little more consistent in their decisions.

If they're not careful, their whole non-interference rule may come back to bite them. Especially if they continue to let the Ori gain more and more power. Sooner of later, the Ori may reach a point where they feel they can challenge the Ancients directly and win.
                  I guess it's pretty much like Anubis' rules. If whatever you're interfering with can be done without you, it's OK (meaning it's OK to expedite matters slightly).

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                    When did I ever deny this?
                    Oh, my apologies for that, I wasn't commenting on your post, the one before it actually.

Comment

Working...
                    X