This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori are a mistake.

Well.. Ori are suppose to be ascended right? They have unlimited knoledge of the universe so they are almost perfect. Therefore everything they create is like 99.9% perfect. So how is it they designed an Ori ship where its shields fluxuate when it fires its weapon. I think Stargate really messed things up with the new enemy and all. I mean In Atlantis Mckay and Mrs. Miller they have this thing where they can get unlimitd energy from other dimensions or w/e. Not really paying attention to that episode. "if" that were possible then the Ori would've created it already which just makes the episode competely useless.

I mean Ori are asceneded they should have created weapons of mass destruction which can possibly destroy a planet in 1 attack. Theres so much to think about. I think it was a mistake for the creators of stargate to create an enemy which is ascended.

Originally posted by Pogo01
    Well.. Ori are suppose to be ascended right? They have unlimited knoledge of the universe so they are almost perfect. Therefore everything they create is like 99.9% perfect. So how is it they designed an Ori ship where its shields fluxuate when it fires its weapon. I think Stargate really messed things up with the new enemy and all. I mean In Atlantis Mckay and Mrs. Miller they have this thing where they can get unlimitd energy from other dimensions or w/e. Not really paying attention to that episode. "if" that were possible then the Ori would've created it already which just makes the episode competely useless.

I mean Ori are asceneded they should have created weapons of mass destruction which can possibly destroy a planet in 1 attack. Theres so much to think about. I think it was a mistake for the creators of stargate to create an enemy which is ascended.

I thought once you have Ascended, you'll jsut have a greater understanding of the universe, remember when daniel ascended and in full cirlce he didn't realise tht the ascendents were really the Anicents.

Comment

Well that might be true. If it is then it still brings up this problem. In Mckay and Mrs. Miller they had come up with an unlimitd power source but had a "slight" problem which was destroying another inhabited universe. When your ascended I'm betting your at least 500x smarter then you are as a regular human so they should've if it was even possible to somehow direct it to a inhabited universe. If they can then the Ori ships should be unstoppable. If they cant then it means the episode was just a complete waste of time.

Comment

They can't do it if its impossible.

Project Arcturus, in every respect, is a flawed system. We don't know how badly it could've gotten.

Comment

Exactly my point. If its possible the Ori ships would be indestructable. If it isnt possible which it seems like it isnt since the Ori ships are NOT indestructable which makes Mckay and MrsMiller a pointless episode.

Comment

Did you not see how powerful Ori ships are? A slight fluctuation in the shield is hardly bad since a single shot of their weapon can destroy a Ha'tak and not a single shot from a fleet of ships got through their shields!

They don't need a weapon that can take out a planet in one shot since their goal is to convert people, not kill them. Their power source is way more powerful than anything else we've seen so far and the Ori are using it to carry out their crusade, it may very well be related to the Acturus technology seen in Atlantis.

Being ascended doesn't make them perfect and doesn't give them all the knowledge of the universe; it just means they are able to learn things that a non-ascended being cannot.
            "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Firstly, do you know what powers an Ori ship? So there is no way of knowing if it has limited power, perhaps it does have a power source that's unlimited. Just because an energy source will be unlimited does not means that it can't necessarily be destroyed, especially if what's on the other side that's going to cause it is powered by a black hole itself. Then comes that they may have not even sensed a threat against a minute little cargo ship & so thought it not necessary to even have raised shields.

Next comes the part that the Ori aren't actually in the ships themselves, so perhaps they've only given their followers exactly what they think is needed to complete the mission to dominate the galaxy. So not give them soemthing that has limitless power should it ever fall into unwelcome hands etc. They won't want to destroy planets unless it's completely necessary, simply because at soem point almost everyone will end up converting to Origin. So why wipe out an entire planet of people when that ends up being less followers for you.

Comment

Being Ascended makes you smarter. How smart exactly no one knows. What we do know is that Ascended beings know a hell of a lot more then regular humans on Earth. Yes a slight fluxuation in the shields is not a big deal. But for crying out loud. The Ori are Ascended. That minor fluxuation shouldnt be occuring in the first place.

Unlimited energy is not possible. If it was the Ori ships would be equiped with such a technology and be undefeatable. Which means the end for everything. If it wasnt possible. Why did the writers waste their time making it seem like it was possible? 5 Min into the episode I knew at the end It was going to fail.

I mean Ascended beings are far form perfect but they had a 10,000 + year head start from the modern day humans and they got even smarter while ascended.

WHat I'm tryign to say is anything that is possible should've already happened. Yes Stargate needed a new bad guy but having ascended beings as bad guys was a bad idea. Its like 99.9% perfect bad guys vs mortal humans. Theres no way the Ori could lose and if they do well lets just say I understand why Stargate Sg1 is being canceled.

The Ori are the Perfect bad guys and because of them it sort of messes up every other future episode of Stargate Sg1 and Stargate Atlantis from creating anything we havent seen already because the Ori "should've" already thought of that.

Comment

That minor fluxuation shouldnt be occuring in the first place.
                  Why not? It makes sence that the huge amount of power in each shot passing through the shields would affect them in some way.

WHat I'm tryign to say is anything that is possible should've already happened.
                  The universe is infinate so it's impossible for them to know everything and so there will always be things they don't know.

Theres no way the Ori could lose and if they do well lets just say I understand why Stargate Sg1 is being canceled.
                  SG-1 didn't get cancelled because Sci-fi were worried that the Ori will be defeated!
                  "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith
                    Why not? It makes sence that the huge amount of power in each shot passing through the shields would affect them in some way.

The universe is infinate so it's impossible for them to know everything and so there will always be things they don't know.

SG-1 didn't get cancelled because Sci-fi were worried that the Ori will be defeated!

1) You can ask Why to everything I say. I said what I said because well... its an ORI designed ship. Seems like the writers just needed a flaw and said "hmmm we'll just say its shields fluxuate when it shoots". I mean its an Ori designed ship. Its created by ascended beings who are 100x smarter then us. Anything but a retarded shield fluxuation. Think about it.

2) Yes I know the universe is infinite but ascended beings know everything that has happened in the past and everything thats happening in the present. The ancients experimented with the Zero energy or w/e it was that it was called. So if it was possible which it wasnt when the ancients were mortals it should've been done already because ascended beings are aware of the problem. KNow what i mean? If the problems has been introduced chances are its been solved by the ancients or ori while they were asceneded.

3) I dont mean literally the ori is why ppl stopped watched stargate. Its more like the writers dont take the time to fill up these retarded flaws. Everything just seems so predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                      They can't do it if its impossible.

Project Arcturus, in every respect, is a flawed system. We don't know how badly it could've gotten.
                      We don't know that it's completely impossible. Perhaps they actually got the
                      Spoiler:
                      alternate-universe solution
                      working?
                      Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                      Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                      -Audioslave

Comment

1) You can ask Why to everything I say. I said what I said because well... its an ORI designed ship. Seems like the writers just needed a flaw and said "hmmm we'll just say its shields fluxuate when it shoots". I mean its an Ori designed ship. Its created by ascended beings who are 100x smarter then us. Anything but a retarded shield fluxuation. Think about it.
                        I did think about it and came to the conclusion that the amount of energy that passes through the shields each time they fire may be the reason for the fluctuation. Also, even though it does exist we haven't been able to successfully exploit it. When they tried to ring a bomb on board it didn't go off. Ringing a bomb onboard is the only real way we can exploit the fluctuation and so far it hasn't worked. The shields can stand up to a fleet of ships firing on them and a ship crashing into them so having a fluctuation that we cannot use to our advantage is hardly a big deal. The writer's wanted to show that we were trying to find a weakness but also point out that the only known weakness is still useless when fighting them.

Comment

They should have been non ascended but evil ancients who just ruled the villagers. They could have still had the Priors and Adria and all of that just without the religious stuff. Actually, they could ve still had the Origin thing. Come on, the Jaffa thought the Goauld were gods, they had physical bodies. They could ve had ascended knowledge, but they didnt need to be ASCENDED.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith
                            I did think about it and came to the conclusion that the amount of energy that passes through the shields each time they fire may be the reason for the fluctuation. Also, even though it does exist we haven't been able to successfully exploit it. When they tried to ring a bomb on board it didn't go off. Ringing a bomb onboard is the only real way we can exploit the fluctuation and so far it hasn't worked. The shields can stand up to a fleet of ships firing on them and a ship crashing into them so having a fluctuation that we cannot use to our advantage is hardly a big deal. The writer's wanted to show that we were trying to find a weakness but also point out that the only known weakness is still useless when fighting them.
                            Because the Prior stopped it from exploding.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Shouldn't this be in the SG-1 Season 10 forum?
                              I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Working...
                              X