This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TokTauri?

I've been noticing that the Trust here on earth is becoming some sort of Tokra.They are working undercover,they are limited in numbers,they have spies in our forces(SGC,NID).What is this why the Tokra don't appear on SG-1 any more?(the writers don't want to have two similar factiones in the show.)
    4 easy steps how to make people hate you
    Spoiler:
    Ignore them
    Spoiler:
    talk bad about them behind their backs
    Spoiler:
    Use lots of spoiler tags
    Spoiler:
    Your name has to be Rihard Gaberšcek

sigpic

Well, the Goa'uld don't have their armies, their ships of their territories. They don't have a choice but to use other tactics.
    The reason the Tok'ra don't appear anymore is because we don't need them. That, and they're dying out...
    *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

Originally posted by Chemp
      I've been noticing that the Trust here on earth is becoming some sort of Tokra.

The Tok'Ra aren't evil. The Trust is.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
      - Stephen Colbert
      "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

Well the FJN have taken over the tense ally role in the show so between them and the Trust that just might be it. Also whose really worth bringing back now that Jacob's dead? Anise/Freya maybe, but thats it.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
          Well the FJN have taken over the tense ally role in the show so between them and the Trust that just might be it. Also whose really worth bringing back now that Jacob's dead? Anise/Freya maybe, but thats it.
          Very true. I really don't mind not seeing the Tok'ra anymore, especially with Jacob gone. At least we still hear about them from time to time.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The Trust are trying to take over with in. The Tok'Ra were under ground hiding. Big difference.
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
              The Trust are trying to take over with in. The Tok'Ra were under ground hiding. Big difference.
              No the Tok'ra were trying to infiltrate the Goa'uld like the Trust is trying to do to us. The Tok'ra were going to make thier move when they had a way to wipe out the Goa'uld according to Jacob.

Comment

The trust is more Tok'SGC. They think that what they are doing will benefit mankind more than what the SGC is doing. Another difference between the Trust and the Tokra is that the Trust are doing what they do for power and money, whereas the Tokra are doing what they do to rid the galaxy of the Goa'uld.
                -- Brains12

Comment

Arent Goa'ulds in the Trust? So that would make the Trust bad. The Tok'ra are good.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

The rogue NID eventually became the Trust, and that was later infiltrated and taken over by the Goa'uld. Specifically under the control of Ba'al. Ba'al's lieutenant on Earth controlling the Trust is Athena. There are probably less than a handful of Goa'uld on Earth overall. I suppose you might call them Tok'Tau'ri, but that is a bit redundant. They are just evil Goa'uld who've infiltrated Earth. Why, you may ask?

Simple. Earth has proven itself the Goa'uld's most troublesome adversary. The Tau'ri have caused more harm to the Goa'uld per potential capability of any race they've ever encountered. Ba'al infiltrated Earth because it was Earth that engineered the ultimate downfall of the Goa'uld. He wisely figured it would do well to keep tabs on what Earth was up to, and there was no better organization on Earth to do that than the Trust, with its rogue NID operatives.

All in all, Earth has gained a huge reputation throughout the galaxy, despite its lack of power projection capability. It was Earth's strategic and tactical capability combined with the experiance and presence of its allies that finally defeated the Goa'uld. The Tok'ra and Jaffa were incapable of doing it on their own. The Tok'ra lacked the will to face the Goa'uld head on, even in relatively minor skirmishes. The Jaffa lacked the capability to organize on a large scale until the alliance Teal'c made with Earth. This provided the few Jaffa rebels in the beginning a refuge long enough to begin growing. Eventually, they struck out to build their own bases and methods of intelligence and cooperation. They could not have done it however, had the Tau'ri not helped them to organize initially. Even so, Earth could never have defeated all the Goa'uld on its own. Earth has been just as reliant on the Jaffa numbers, and Tok'ra expertise as they have been on Earth.

Ultimately, however, the Goa'uld within the Trust are less about trying to take over Earth, and more about trying to destabilize the SGC as well as staying one step ahead. The Trust is working to build as much economic and intelligence power to influence Earth as much as possible. I think they know they will never take over. Mostly the Goa'uld Trust exist to be a thorn in the side of Earth.
                    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

The Trust is good peeps!
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Uhm.... no.

Comment

Working...
                        X