This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter taken out of season 10

i think carter is getting boring and should leave the season!!! vala, daniel, cameron, and teal'c make a much younger and fun team!
    sigpic
    *Thanks aaobuttons*

no

Comment

Absolutely, 100%, NO!

How can you say that? Sam's one of the best characters in the show! She's not boring! She's smart and can kick serious alien butt!

And I think Daniel and Cameron are older than Sam... And we all know Teal'c is over a hundred....
      my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

I think I'll go with Agent_Dark on this. No.

Comment

1. She's the scientist and she's packin' the technobabble- somehow the show would be lacking without it
          2. She's pretty darn smart, ie the one who gets the team out of a lot of scrapes
          3. It's a lot nicer to have females represented through 2 completely different characters than just one

So, I'm not Sam's biggest fan, but I have to say "NO!"
          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

No. Carter is a brilliant scientist and very capable officer who has distinguished herself countless times in service to her country and planet. Teal'c, Daniel, Cam, O'Neill, Hammond and The President are among her staunchest supporters!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gategirl2
              i think carter is getting boring and should leave the season!!! vala, daniel, cameron, and teal'c make a much younger and fun team!
              Can you articulate why Carter is boring to you?

It's true, she isn't in very many purely eye-candy shots - she's practically the only mind-candy left on the show. <sigh> Remember when Daniel was mind-candy? The shows, then, were about people and cultures and hard-to-figure-out alien tech and making the big decisions that made for great drama. Now, more and more time is devoted to action scenes that allow the chance for actors to show off their fabulous skin.

Personally, I find that stuff plentiful on the tube and, for SG-1, boooring.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by gategirl2
                I won't argue whether Carter is boring or not; seeing as boring is a relative term which requires knowing whether or not you enjoy the character. So it's a rather mute point to discuss since some of us like Sam and other's do not.

However, whether Vala, Daniel, Cameron and Tea'c make a much younger team can be debated.

Now had you said used the term interesting I would have just moved on because once again fun, boring, and interesting are all adjectives that are relative to one's personal viewpoint; however, younger is something that can be debated.

So let's look at this logically shall we?

We know that Daniel has said he was 4 1/2 years old in 1969 and we know Sam was born in 1968 according to her ID in Entity, thus this would suggest that Daniel is in fact older than Sam.

We also know that Teal'c is over 100 years old according to the episode Bane, therefore Teal'c is most definitely older than Sam. He's actually almost three times as old as her.

According to Collateral Damage, we know that Cameron wasn't more than ten years old during the first shuttle launch which took place in 1981. Therefore he would have been born around 1971 which would make him at least a couple of years younger than Sam.

As for Vala, we really have no clue how old she is. She may be thirty years old or she may be as old as Teal'c. Seeing as she was the host for Qetesh it's quite possible for her to be much older than she appears. So it would be quite speculative to assume she is older or younger than Sam at this point in time.

So if we look at the above information and we swap Sam for Cameron then I have to agree that the team is younger without Sam than with her; however, we could say the exact same thing if we swapped Daniel and Teal'c with any of the other three characters, so in my opinion that theory really doesn't fly.

So I'll have to say 'No', the team is not younger without Carter.

However if you wanted to swap the word immature for younger, I'd definitely agree with you there!!
                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 10 September 2006, 06:37 AM.

Comment

I'll add my support for Sam also. NO, she should not be taken out of season 10! Heck the season is almost halfway over anyway, so what good is the argument really? I don't see how Daniel, Cameron, Teal'c and Vala would make a "younger" team. As has been said before, Teal'c is definitely older than Sam, Vala as well. Not sure about Cam, but if he is younger it's not by much. I know some say that Daniel is older too, and I guess if you draw from Entity it would seem so (though I think in general there are discrepancies with team members' birthdates on the show... look at Jack's in Brief Candle and then Fragile Balance), but the mention of her service in the Gulf War or about the Challenger Disaster changing her plans might make her seem a bit older... whatever the case it's just silly nitpicking. The point is that I don't see the others being a "younger" SG-1 without her.

Maybe "younger" viewers seem to got for a team without her, but that is not the same thing. Sam has been with the show from the very beginning and I don't think she should be ditched. I've always enjoyed her character (though I had one or two issues with it in the past). Don't get rid of her!

Comment

I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

However if you wanted to swap the word immature for younger, I'd definitely agree with you there!!
                      OI! You said it! Tried to green you. Can't get in. Please accept this IOU.
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I understand people are entitled to their opinion. So I'll add mine...

No!
                        hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

I'll just say, "No"

There's only us,
                          There's only this
                          Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
                          No other road,
                          No other way
                          No day but today...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            I won't argue whether Carter is boring or not; seeing as boring is a relative term which requires knowing whether or not you enjoy the character. So it's a rather mute point to discuss since some of us like Sam and other's do not.

However, whether Vala, Daniel, Cameron and Tea'c make a much younger team can be debated.

Now had you said used the term interesting I would have just moved on because once again fun, boring, and interesting are all adjectives that are relative to one's personal viewpoint; however, younger is something that can be debated.

So let's look at this logically shall we?

We know that Daniel has said he was 4 1/2 years old in 1969 and we know Sam was born in 1968 according to her ID in Entity, thus this would suggest that Daniel is in fact older than Sam.

We also know that Teal'c is over 100 years old according to the episode Bane, therefore Teal'c is most definitely older than Sam. He's actually almost three times as old as her.

According to Collateral Damage, we know that Cameron wasn't more than ten years old during the first shuttle launch which took place in 1981. Therefore he would have been born around 1971 which would make him at least a couple of years younger than Sam.

As for Vala, we really have no clue how old she is. She may be thirty years old or she may be as old as Teal'c. Seeing as she was the host for Qetesh it's quite possible for her to be much older than she appears. So it would be quite speculative to assume she is older or younger than Sam at this point in time.

So if we look at the above information and we swap Sam for Cameron then I have to agree that the team is younger without Sam than with her; however, we could say the exact same thing if we swapped Daniel and Teal'c with any of the other three characters, so in my opinion that theory really doesn't fly.

Absolutely wonderful explanation!
                            my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

No!

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X