Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too many standalones in S10 - for the fact that it's the end?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many standalones in S10 - for the fact that it's the end?

Well.. if you have recently looked at the spoilers..there are plenty of standalone eps (some of which I really look forward to, since I'm not that much of a fan of the Ori arc in itself) .. but seen in the aspect of it being (as it seems now) the last Season, it will leave even more strings open than it would have back in S8 oder S7 ..

Actually, I do hope they will get a way to continue the series in a Season-way .. either with SciFi changing their mind -or- releasing them from the Contract so that another network can take over..

but lets be realistic, the chance for that to happen is minimal, since SciFi is just a money-orientated company like everyone else.. they don't care to benefit the fans of a show they would'nt make any more money from..

so, what do you think?

It wouldn't necessarily take a lot to tie up some of the loose ends though they obviously won't be able to tie up EVERYTHING. There's also no reason they can't carry at least some of the loose ends over to Atlantis and resolve them there, even if just in passing.

Comment

I don't like too many stand alone eps I like the ones that carry on after each other!!
      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
        I don't like too many stand alone eps I like the ones that carry on after each other!!
        i love the ones that continue the main plot but I also like the standalone episodes so that we don't have the same story every wee. I love the Ori but I really enjoy the standalone eps and it will be neet to see the
        Spoiler:
        Trust and a Goa'uld again in tonights ep.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

These episodes were written and shot long before they knew they were going to be canceled.

Can't go back now.

You wont actually see episodes that were filmed after the announcement for another 6 months.
          I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

I agree... it's a shame that TPTB didn't know it would be cancelled. They've done the usual thing here and put in a load of stand-alones as well as the main arc. If they'd known I'd hope a little more would've gone into some really spectacular stories, all related to the final story arc with the ori. Unfortunately a lot of our final eps are being lost to character stories and such but thats fine, they can't be blamed for it and as long as they're of a good quality and entertaining it doesn't really matter.
            //

O'Neill: Phasers?
            Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Originally posted by Carl
              I agree... it's a shame that TPTB didn't know it would be cancelled. They've done the usual thing here and put in a load of stand-alones as well as the main arc. If they'd known I'd hope a little more would've gone into some really spectacular stories, all related to the final story arc with the ori. Unfortunately a lot of our final eps are being lost to character stories and such but thats fine, they can't be blamed for it and as long as they're of a good quality and entertaining it doesn't really matter.
              Exactly! I have no doubt they will be of poor quality and you really can't blame TPTB because they didn't no for sure and they couldnt hold off production. So far IMO the show has been great and I think the quality will be great the rest of the season as well.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67
                These episodes were written and shot long before they knew they were going to be canceled.

Can't go back now.

You wont actually see episodes that were filmed after the announcement for another 6 months.
                Exactly! They didn't know at the time.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sci-fi should really give them one final season, because this season just isn't right for the end of the show. Thats all we one, one final seaon to tie things up, not 3 episodes.
                  http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                  The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Bangs head on desk. Ouch. Never mind.

Come on already. First people whined that Season 9 did not have enough stand alone episodes, and now they whine that Season 10 has too many.

I feel bad for the writers; they increased the stand alone episodes to humor fans, and we seem to be saying thank you by whining.
                    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
                      Sci-fi should really give them one final season, because this season just isn't right for the end of the show. Thats all we one, one final seaon to tie things up, not 3 episodes.

Well the problem is that Sci-Fi dont care about us the fans , They are more in it for the MONEY , I think One more season and a Mini series would have cleared alot up ....

They could have done follow up Eps with a Spin off series as well ... It would still be STARGATE so they could take some storylines over with it ...

Comment

Working...
                      X