This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOK'RA anyone?

im just wandering because i didnt see much of season 9, do the Tok'ra still exist?

what are they doing in the fight against the Ori, are they even aware of them?

They do exist but they are a shadow of what they once were. Our alliance with them is (and has been) broken. Add to the fact that Jacobs gone, we have cut our ties with the Tok'ra I guess.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

They had one or two ships at the supergate battle in Camelot.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
        They had one or two ships at the supergate battle in Camelot.
        Your right actually. A lot of good those did in the end.

Spoiler:
        But much like the Jaffa are now, the Tok'ra are in no state to put up a fight
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

We haven't seen the Tok'ra on screen, but they're still mentioned. Our alliance with the Tok'ra still exists.

Comment

Yet more proof of the bad writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
              Yet more proof of the bad writing.
              Then you should be very happy the show has been cancelled; now you don't have to sit through 45 minutes of hell every Friday.

Back on topic don't expect the Tokra to be seen in S10 now that the show is ending.

Comment

The Tok'ra are a dying race. Every time they lose a member, it's another step closer to extinction. Therefore, them sparing anyone for the Camelot battle is a lot to ask.

When a Jaffa or a human (or even an Asgard) dies, we can spawn a new one (or clone as is the case with the Asgard).

Comment

I'm just waiting for the news that the Tok'ra Cloned there queen from what was left of her and now they are increasing in numbers again. In TV when someone has the tech to do something then everyone has the tech to do something. Baal Cloning = Tok'ra Cloning. Not that the Tok'ra will ever matter enough again for it to coming up on screen.
                  "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

I think partly the reason they arent shown is there is technically no story for them anymore. The Tok'ra were introduced as this splinter faction of this massive empire in the stars who were their 'parent race' and woked to destroy them. Now, the Goa'uld had been defeated finally and a new powerful race has taken over, one that the Tok'ra have no personal connection to. So it seems that they have been replaced by the FJN.

Personally i would have liked to see them again but doesnt look like that will be the case with the show cancelled and all.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I want to see them again, it'll bring back that old Stargate feeling!!
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Didn't we see them in season 9? I hope we see them again as i really like the Tok'Ra stories but i have to admit I'm not sure if they would fit well in the stories anymore.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Tok'ra were only mentioned in season 9, it's a shame, because they could be pretty cool at times. But they aren't going to fit in to the new storyline arcs as much as they did with the Goa'uld, so unfortunately, i don't think we're going to see them in season 10 unless they're involved in one of the Goa'uld episodes.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

The Tok'ra were only ever used as fodder for the producers to carve off when they pleased. I mean, honestly, how many of these guys died during their years allied with Earth? Also, a lack of continuity on their part is also pathetic, At least the Jaffa have carry-on characters, and thats only cos of Teal'c being such a big character. I'm disappointed the Tok'ra weren't/aren't in the show more.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
                              Tok'ra were only mentioned in season 9, it's a shame, because they could be pretty cool at times. But they aren't going to fit in to the new storyline arcs as much as they did with the Goa'uld, so unfortunately, i don't think we're going to see them in season 10 unless they're involved in one of the Goa'uld episodes.
                              I hope we do too. but it might not happen.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X