This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a lack of action this season?

look....when sg-1 was fighting goa'uld there was almost allways some action involved...they blew up a sun and got send to another galaxy and were attacked by apophis and replicators, or there was jaffa shooting on them, or they were prisoners somewhere, or the earth was under a threat of goa'uld attack, or they were to deal with evil aschen that tried to sterilize earths population.

what we've seen so far in season 10 cant compare to that. they should get it a little more interesting with an occaisonal fight. and not a fight with jaffa in counterstrike...
    sigpic

I agree but the main reason for that is that Earth isn't ready to fight them yet and, when it comes to Priors, who are the main ones we encounter, fighting isn't an option. It's also the same with ship battles... they can't be done too often because we get our butt kicked too easily.

Hopefully there will eventually be an ep where the armies of the Ori, the normal civilian folk, go up against SG-1 and we see some more of the usual spectacular action sequences.
    //

O'Neill: Phasers?
    Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

id have to agree with you
      season 10 seems to have a lot of ships battle
      but not alot of hand to hand battle
      it'd be cool to see sg-1 take some cross fire by some ori warriors
      like how sg-1 always fought the jaffa in other seasons
      early seasons
      what season 10 should have (w/ori warriors)

Comment

I think there's plenty. And we have 13 more eps left.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
          I think there's plenty. And we have 13 more eps left.
          we have. why do you say it's plenty? there are mainly ship battles. not a single encounter with ori wariorrs.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's what disappointed me about "Counter Strike".
            There were no battles against Ori Warriors. I thought we
            would get a chance to fight them this season.

I hope that we get to fight Ori Warriors in "The Quest Part 1".
            While SG-1 races to get the "Sangraal", maybe Ori warriors
            will chase after them.
            sigpic

Comment

ok....theres defenetly not eaugh action. and season 9 was already missing some of it too....hope it changes
              sigpic

Comment

Not enough action againist the Ori warriors vs SG-1, I agree. Not enough action in general? No. Apparently you didn't watch Insiders, Uninvited and Counterstrike. All filled with action.
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

watched all those eps....ok against ori wariorrs. my bad.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think action is all well and good, but not at the expense of good storytelling. I think SG-1 is doing a very good job this year of good storytelling, and the action scenes that I have seen have been excellent.

I don't care how many action scenes there are as long as they serve the story. It's all about the story for me. Everything else is icing.

Comment

lets hope that we will fight them in the season... sorry series finale of SG-1 because that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                        Not enough action againist the Ori warriors vs SG-1, I agree. Not enough action in general? No. Apparently you didn't watch Insiders, Uninvited and Counterstrike. All filled with action.
                        Exactly.

Comment

I still think that we might see some Ori warriors
                          in "The Quest Part 1" because it is Ori-related.
                          (A weapon designed to kill the Ori.)
                          Ascended beings as a matter of fact.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Maxum
                            I think action is all well and good, but not at the expense of good storytelling. I think SG-1 is doing a very good job this year of good storytelling, and the action scenes that I have seen have been excellent.

I don't care how many action scenes there are as long as they serve the story. It's all about the story for me. Everything else is icing.
                            Ooo Great post! I agree wholeheartedly. The storytelling is great and I think the action so far, in season 9 and 10 has been great. I don't see this as a purley scifi action show. It hass all the elements I like in a show, comedy,action,drama, suspense and even at times terror. This show has everything I look for and I agree with great stories like thesse everything else is pure icing!
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

story telling is indeed very good but that is not in question here. i also agree that if the story sucks and there is plenty of action it will still suck.

but i was asking you if you think there is a big lack of engagement with ori warriors? there was an engagement with jaffa almost every other ep when goa'ulds were active.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X