X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof that it's not the end for SG-1!!

Quote of the Month:
    On the cancellation of Stargate SG-1 -

"I don’t know if people have been following the internet chatter, but there's still going to be SG-1 down the line—that is true—that's not just the execs talking out their bums. It's very important to them; they're just discussing *how*. There's a million different variations going on, so fear not! We're not just going quietly into the night. We're going to be around, so... don't worry. "

Creation Stargate Convention
    Chicago, August 2006
    Source: http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/news/index.shtml

I hope it'll make some people happy

yay!

Comment

That sure makes me feel even more positive about all of this. The way TPTB and MGM have been fighting this, it doesn't surprise me at all. I can't wait for some kind of official confimation on something though. It will be a big weight off of all our shoulders.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'll wager that SG-1 is going to get an 11th season and that it'll be distributed on the internet. Anybody want to take that bet?

Comment

Originally posted by infra172
          I'll wager that SG-1 is going to get an 11th season and that it'll be distributed on the internet. Anybody want to take that bet?
          I'm sure it's not going to happen because they'd loose too many people in this transfer from TV to internet.

Comment

they would gain an international audience, im in the UK and the ONLY thing that stops me watching SG1 and SGA live is that i cant. If they launched on the internet i would 100% watch SG1 live. I think this could be the next step in the industry's move in to the online world...
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by lelaidd
              I'm sure it's not going to happen because they'd loose too many people in this transfer from TV to internet.

This is the way all tv is going...they might as well be the first...

Comment

also SG1 will not have any viewers atall after S10 unless they do this...its the only option, they are not allowed to air S11 on US TV, the internet is the only option..
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by lelaidd
                  i don't think they will loose anyone. Most of us Sci-fi geeks have high speed Internet.

Comment

That makes me feel better but I still want the real show, I hate Sci-Fi!!
                    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                      i don't think they will loose anyone. Most of us Sci-fi geeks have high speed Internet.
                      there are still the regular viewers who's only involvement in sg1 is watching it every week on their TV

Comment

I just want my SG-1.....and I don't care how I get it...on TV, the net, live on stage, ummm, guess that wouldn't work. But you get the idea....everyone connected with the show had planned on an 11th season....so come on guys, the audience IS there. Is it possible that Ms. Hammer is now a Prior???? Oh the humanity!!!
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

*Bangs head against the wall again!*

This is why I don't care if they cancel the show! For 5 years now they have said they wanted to do a movie, that they would continue it somehow. Yet now it seems that this is all new news, it's not, it's old and it's a "No ****ing ****!"

Comment

They should do season 11 direct to dvd. Sg1 dvds are quite cheap. So that would probably work for the studio.

Comment

This is very good news *chorus of "indeed"s*!

Comment

Working...
                              X