This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Should Die?

Since the future of SG1 is unknown and season 10 could be the last, i was wondering that in the final episode would they kill of a character (ie in battle), to give the episode a bit extra punch to it.

Me personally I would like Teal'c to snuff it. Simply because he's a warrior and it would be more fitting for him to die in battle.

Anyway If it came to it who would you kill off? And Why?

P.S No doubt most will be Vala/Cam lol

No one. I think it's stupid when they kill off a character in the final episode, just cos they can. It's a cheap way to try and make it 'shocking' and more dramatic.

And I really doubt most people on this forum would care if it was Vala or Cam.

Comment

I'd care....

...but I agree. No killing.
      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

the furlings we sneeze and then there die of sickness
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

People are way too trigger-happy whenever they think a show is going to end and kill off beloved characters just because they can.

Just look at what that's brought SG-1 so far:
          Season 5 - They thought the show was ending, they killed off Daniel (also, Michael Shanks wanted a break)
          Season 6 - They thought the show was ending, they killed off all of Abydos (making it go Full Circle)
          Season 7 - They thought the show was ending, they killed off Janet
          Season 8 - They thought the show was ending, they killed off Jacobn/Selmak
          Season 9 - They knew they were being renewed. No killing.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
            People are way too trigger-happy whenever they think a show is going to end and kill off beloved characters just because they can.

Season 5 - They thought the show was ending, they killed off Daniel (also, Michael Shanks wanted a break)
            Season 6 - They thought the show was ending, they killed off all of Abydos (making it go Full Circle)
            Xena was killed off in her finale, Anya died in the finale of Buffy, Wesley died at the end of Angel and, by the looks of thing, the rest of the main characters weren't going to last much longer.

I don't know if they'll kill off any of the main characters for the Season Ten finale - if they're holding out hope for a mini-series or a movie they may want to keep all of the characters alive.

If I had to choose one character to die, it would have to be Mitchell - he's the one I would least like to see in any kind of continuation.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
              No one. I think it's stupid when they kill off a character in the final episode, just cos they can. It's a cheap way to try and make it 'shocking' and more dramatic.

Exactly.
              I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey

And I really doubt most people on this forum would care if it was Vala or Cam.
                While I hated lossing certain characters in each instance they did it well. Daniel left b/c of "conflicting issues" AT said something to that in seasons 7's lowdown. Carmen Argenziano(Jacob) left because he had enough he was ready to leave Fraiser had some issues with TPTB. In every instance I think they gave each character a fond farewell. But as to someone dying in the finale I'd rather have no one die but if anyone was to die I think the most memorable would be Bratac.Don't get me wrong I love him but I think he would be the writers pick.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Nobody.
                  T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Dont' forget they "killed" Catherine Langford at the end of Season 8, too -- that was a great "full circle" type move, I thought. Though she wasn't a major character so the price wasn't too high for that kind of forced "gravitas".

Comment

Kill Cam !

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom
                        Dont' forget they "killed" Catherine Langford at the end of Season 8, too -- that was a great "full circle" type move, I thought. Though she wasn't a major character so the price wasn't too high for that kind of forced "gravitas".
                        They didn't have much choice the actress died.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Noooo! Please dont do a ST:Enterprise final on us and kill of a character for no reason!

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

That's not exactly true, in Season 9 the show got renewed after production wrapped, and besides they wrote a cliff-hanger whether the show was renewed or cancelled.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think they should do a special "Get in the Gate" contest and kill whoever posted this topic (Just joking). Seriously, I think that this really cheapens shows also when they kill someone on a whim. If it works for the story then it can sometimes work. For example, if Jack were to give his life for the SGC that could be touching, and his character really serves no purpose in furthering the story anyway (just comic relief). Otherwise there is no point in killing characters that could potentially appear in a spin off, movie, etc. I feel that if they must kill someone they should have Dr. Weir make a guest appearence in which she is taken over by a Goa'uld and Hammond must kill her. I think this would be a great "Full Circle" type of move and would free up SGA to put Caldwell in charge (who is more qualified anyway).

Comment

Working...
                              X