Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Science Fiction series (Your opinion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Science Fiction series (Your opinion)

This is because of the worst Science Fiction series thread.

Now don't include Stargate SG-1 or Stargate Atlantis because unless you're a troll you probably wouldn't be here unless you liked the show.

My favorites(except the Gates, of course) are Firefly(you *******s at Fox cancelled it!) and BSG(the new one, I've only seen about thirty seconds of the old one).
    Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
    Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
    -Audioslave

Okay, after Stargate , I'm going with Buffy. It's damn near perfect - great characters (mostly), drama, humour, action, good storylines, excellent acting, and some of the best writing around. Joss Whedon really is a genius.

Other than that, some other favourites (in no particular order) are Firefly, Doctor Who, Farscape, Star Trek (TOS, TNG and DS9) and Angel.

Comment

Battlestar Galactica! (TNS of course!)

followed by:
      Firefly
      ST: DS9
      Angel
      ST: TNG
      ST: ENT
      Farscape (lower because I haven't seen much)
      X-Files (again only seen eps from the first three seasons)
      ST: TOS
      ST: VOY

And I'm sure I've forgotten some.....and I'll change my mind about the order in five minutes.

BSG is always #1 though!
      Last edited by Trek_Girl42; 03 September 2006, 01:07 PM.

Comment

farscape, Doctor Who, Startrek tng

Comment

For me, besides the Stargates - Farscape, Supernatural, BSG (the new one), and Star Trek : TNG. There are others I love, but these are simply my favorites.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Farscape, because there still is nothing else quite like it

Buffy, because it has some of the funniest and snarkiest character dialogue of all time

Classic Twilight Zone - while it was neither character or arc driven, it was one of the best realizations of the "short story" form of sci-fi. I first got into sci-fi as a kid by reading my older brother's short-story anthologies, and have a real fondness for the form.

Comment

Firefly and Doctor Who
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

• Firefly
                • Battlestar Galactica (TNS)
                • Charlie Jade (This one is my all-time favourite!)
                • Babylon 5
                • Farscape
                • Doctor Who
                sigpic
                In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Firefly, Farscape and BSG. No contest.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

The Original Twilight Zone is not only the best Science Fiction show, but possibly the greatest TV show ever.
                    sigpic

Comment

Firefly is number 1, then the Gates (SGA over SG-1), then the others, in no particular order: Farscape, BSG (TNS), ST (TNG, VOY, and ENT (never saw TOS or DS9)), i guess the Buffyverse (BTVS and Angel) if we're including that too, Doctor Who, The 4400, Dead Zone (if that counts), Smallville (yet again, if it counts), Andromeda (only watched a few episodes but still enjoyed)... and some others that i cant think of right now....

Comment

Babylon 5
                        Farscape
                        The 4400

i never liked ST universe that much, original was prolly the best (specially cause i was younger then).
                        that's it, more or less.
                        VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Lost
                          Firefly
                          Alias
                          X-Files
                          Star Trek TNG
                          Last edited by Dezdmona; 03 September 2006, 07:48 PM.
                          "Science Fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition.
                          Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "
                          ~Grell, 'Silver/Teal'c', SG-1, 200th Episode

Comment

BSG - #1
                            Babylon 5 - #2
                            Farscape - #3
                            ST DS9 - #4
                            Buffy (Seasons 1-3) - #5
                            Then Firefly, SG-1, Space A&B, Angel, etc...
                            "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Lost would be my favourite, even more than the 'Gates, but, uh, not all people count that as sci fi (eventhough it does have it's own section on GW). So, Firefly, BSG, and The 4400 would be runners-up. Then of course, there're Treks, although I don't watch them as much as I used to, but out of all of them DS9 was my fav. I do like Smallville, but I don't really get to watch it often.

Comment

Working...
                              X