X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

save stargate sg1

we need a new network for stargate sg1

this is what my team has got:-

Fans have speculated this week that that could mean an SG-1 feature film, TV movie, mini-series ... or even Season Eleven on another network. U.S. cable networks such as SpikeTV and G4 have been expanding their original and science fiction programming, and former SG-1 home Showtime may be open the series again following its five years of great success on basic cable.

But such a move may be out of the question, if SCI FI Channel has anything to say about it. "There is not going to be [an 11th season] on U.S. television,"Stern told Multichannel flatly. "Our contract with MGM prohibits it."

so there is a big network in the uk called sky one / Sky Corporate bigger than sci-fi

there is a guy from sky one called Richard Woolfe Head of Sky 1, 2 and 3 he said this:-

Sky One is the UK's most-watched non-terrestrial channel and as such has a reputation for quality, entertainment programming!

My mission is to maintain the channel's #1 success and enhance our position as the home of exclusive, thought-provoking, attention grabbing series, providing programming that's entertaining at its core. Whether that be the latest water-cooler TV show from the US or the reality series must-have, the documentary that's got everyone talking or lifestyle-trend du jour, Sky One is about having the very best, first!

The Sky One programming team is made up of fast-thinking, talented people in control of competitive budgets! From week long event series like The Match to big drama adaptations like Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather, one-off current affairs documentaries like Baby Shopping with Gail Porter to quiz show's like Vorderman's Big Brain Game, Sky One offers a breadth of entertainment unrivalled in the multi-channel world.

Going forward, Sky One is looking for new, edgy , risk-taking programming to cut-through in a competitive multi-channel universe. Entertaining at their core, commissions should be smart, aspirational and thought-provoking. From Endemol to Tiger Aspect, Optomen to Shine, Sky One is working with the best production companies and the best producers in Britain. Now's your time to share in the success.

lets do this everyone in the u.k. and u.s. send emails to sky one

www.skyone.co.uk

Even if a non-US network picked up a season 11 there would still be no US season 11 on TV. They'd have to find other, less profitable, ways such as iTunes to reach the US fanbase, which could be significantly cut by such distribution.

I doubt emails sent to Sky will have any effect. They're unlikely to even be read by anyone that counts. If Sky wants SG-1 season 11 they'll already be in discussions with MGM. If they don't, then I don't think fans can persuade them in all honesty.

Comment

I live in the uk and so hope that another network takes it up, thats why i hate Sci-Fi why would they stop another us network to buy the rights??
      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

[I live in the uk and so hope that another network takes it up, thats why i hate Sci-Fi why would they stop another us network to buy the rights??]

they would if they needed the money and they do

Comment

FAO: Bonnie Hammer, President
          NBC Universal | Sci Fi Channel
          Fax: (212) 664-3890
          Tel: (212) 664-4444
          FAO: Mark Stern, Executive VP Original Programming
          NBC Universal | Sci Fi Channel
          Tel: (818) 777-1000

Fax or better yet call and voice your support for the show.
          I sent a fax today. and will call tomorrow.

addresses to scifi...

Audience Services
          The SciFi Channel
          1230 Avenue of the Americas
          New York, NY 10020

Mark Stern, Executive VP Original Programming
          NBC Universal / SciFi Channel
          30 Rockefeller Plaza
          New York, NY 10112

David Howe, Executive VP and General Manager
          30 Rockefeller Plaza
          New York, NY 10112

Bonnie Hammer, President
          30 Rockefeller Plaza
          New York, NY 10112

Charles Cohen, Executive Vice President
          MGM Television Entertainment
          10250 Constellation Blvd
          Los Angeles, CA 90067

and phone for switchboard: (212)757-5294 or (212)956-2395
          Last edited by GMTalkingdeer; 06 September 2006, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X