This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How will Merlins Anti-Ori Weapon Help?

How will the Anti-Ori weapon help us that much? From my understanding, we have the Priors, who are advanced humans themselves and might not even have any Ori power projected to them. Theres Adria, who is esencially and Ori herself, but wont be effected by the weapon, and we have 3 Ori Ships and possibly more. How will this weapon wrap up the Ori, because we are already in a HUGE mess as it is. Discuss
    Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Because the priors will loose the constant contact they have with their gods and they will loose faith. And the masses will soon follow once the worshippers realize something is going on with the priors.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

If the priors lose their connection to the Ori they will probably combust, since we've seen it used as an inlaid backup when they betray them, probably does the same when they "disconnect".

As for Adria, she might be affected she might not. It's almost certain she wouldn't die or anything, but the trauma of losing her "family" might impact her on another level.

But in the grand picture, the loss of the Priors is the loss of all their technology (ship-wise), and without the Priors the only one who can use the tech is Adria.

They could always kill the Ori at the end of Season 10 and have Adria and a small force retreat to Pegasus.

Comment

I don't think anything will happen to the Prior's, because without the Ori, they can become the new Ori, with Adria as their leader. If they get the weapon, the first thing that will happen, is a massive attack on Earth. Adria being essentially Ori, can probably counteract the Ori failsafe, that makes the Prior's combust, we still haven't got any indication as to whether to Ori can create a countermeasure, I think they could, but they still have to get the thing to the Ori galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
          I don't think anything will happen to the Prior's, because without the Ori, they can become the new Ori, with Adria as their leader. If they get the weapon, the first thing that will happen, is a massive attack on Earth. Adria being essentially Ori, can probably counteract the Ori failsafe, that makes the Prior's combust, we still haven't got any indication as to whether to Ori can create a countermeasure, I think they could, but they still have to get the thing to the Ori galaxy.
          It's true that Adria could overcome the Prior Failsafe, but I don't think she could do it on a wide scale, at best she could save those close to her, and possibly even make more Priors.

As for Priors overcoming their Failsafes, I'm not so sure that's possible, as we saw with Gerak. He knew what would happen, and he knew he couldn't stop it.

Another possibility is that, if the Ori have warning that the weapon has been aquired, a few may either descend or make themeselves into an Orici....

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
            It's true that Adria could overcome the Prior Failsafe, but I don't think she could do it on a wide scale, at best she could save those close to her, and possibly even make more Priors.

As for Priors overcoming their Failsafes, I'm not so sure that's possible, as we saw with Gerak. He knew what would happen, and he knew he couldn't stop it.

Another possibility is that, if the Ori have warning that the weapon has been aquired, a few may either descend or make themeselves into an Orici....
            Not gonna happen, the Ancents could easily destroy them. Adrea could easily be destroyed by the Ancients, she is still human(ish). Deprive her of Oxygen and there solves that problem.
            Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
            http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
              Because the priors will loose the constant contact they have with their gods and they will loose faith. And the masses will soon follow once the worshippers realize something is going on with the priors.
              It's all about faith....who's got it, who doesn't, and letting it be "real" enough to change you.
              "Science Fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition.
              Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "
              ~Grell, 'Silver/Teal'c', SG-1, 200th Episode

Comment

Originally posted by PSp2gamer
                Not gonna happen, the Ancents could easily destroy them. Adrea could easily be destroyed by the Ancients, she is still human(ish). Deprive her of Oxygen and there solves that problem.
                Um, why would the Ancients destroy the Ori for "Oricying" themeselves?

The Ori are perfectly free to either Deascend or Be Born Orici-Style. There's not reason why the Ancients would destroy them or Adria, for it would be interference.

And yes, Adria is human, she's definetley not easy to kill.....

Originally posted by Dezdmona
                It's all about faith....who's got it, who doesn't, and letting it be "real" enough to change you.
                For the Priors it's more than just faith, they've become physically dependant on the Ori. If the Ori go the Priors would lose a very important part of them, even if there weren't any failsafes (which we can safely assume there are)

Comment

If the priors lose their connection to the Ori they will probably combust, since we've seen it used as an inlaid backup when they betray them, probably does the same when they "disconnect".

As for Adria, she might be affected she might not. It's almost certain she wouldn't die or anything, but the trauma of losing her "family" might impact her on another level.

But in the grand picture, the loss of the Priors is the loss of all their technology (ship-wise), and without the Priors the only one who can use the tech is Adria.

They could always kill the Ori at the end of Season 10 and have Adria and a small force retreat to Pegasus.
                  I agree with this. The Ori would be destroyed and since the Priors were created by the ori they probably need the Ori to survive. So if the Ori are destoyed they would likely be killed when the Ori are destroyed. I bet Adria is always going to be a force to be reconed with. I don't want the Ori storyline turned over to Atlantis though. Whatever reprucssions are left after our "victory" and the end of the series would likely be dealt with in a miniseries.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I agree that a miniseries would be fantastic to end the storyline, or even another season.

But if that doesn't happen, then I would like to see it finished somehow, even if it's a few Atlantis Episodes.

Hell, Pegasus is an even easier galaxy to convert than MW, the people there already revere Ascended Beings as gods. The only problem would be the wraith, who would put up a hell of a lot greater resistance than anyone here.

Comment

I agree that a miniseries would be fantastic to end the storyline, or even another season.

But if that doesn't happen, then I would like to see it finished somehow, even if it's a few Atlantis Episodes.

Hell, Pegasus is an even easier galaxy to convert than MW, the people there already revere Ascended Beings as gods. The only problem would be the wraith, who would put up a hell of a lot greater resistance than anyone here.
                      I actually agree 100% with this post. If they can't do a minisereis at least we can finish it in Atlantis.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

highly doubtful, true it will be far easier to find worshhipers given the people there dont have negative experince with the gouald. but the wraith are going to be a big problem given they manage to drive out the ancients who at this stage appear to have better tech then the ori followers, its very likely that a small ori army retreating from the milkyway will be destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                          I actually agree 100% with this post. If they can't do a minisereis at least we can finish it in Atlantis.
                          I don't think we have to worry too much. I'm sure we'll get a miniseries out of this, at the very least.

As for Merlin's weapon, the Ori are a threat that must be dealt with. They are the masterminds behind this entire invasion, pulling the strings of the Priors and even Adria. Yes, destroying them may not stop those who are already here in our galaxy, but it will weaken this onslaught overall. After the Ori are no longer a threat, we can find a way to deal with the Ori warriors, remaining Priors, and Adria in time.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I just, I can't do it. I don't want the people of Earth to pull another rabbit out of their hat, the Ori should win. If they find the weapon, the Ori should be alerted, one descends creates a countermeasure, re-ascends, without the help of Ancient's, I mean direct interference, I don't think they should be able to beat the Ori, because we aren't even sure if the Supergate goes to the Ori galaxy, and other than the Ancient's who knows where that is, who Daniel? No, the Ori should be victorious, and Earth left to wollow.

Comment

What I'm wondering is how they activate this:

Do they swing it or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X