X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA - SF Site: SF On TV in September

From SF Site:

http://www.sfsite.com/columns/rick231.htm

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Babylon 5.1
    by Rick Norwood

SF on TV

The executives at the SciFi Channel showed their usual sensitivity by canceling Stargate SG-1 the day before the cast and crew party celebrating the airing of the popular 200th episode. These are the same people who fired Hugo award winning editor Ellen Datlow and cancelled SciFiction. Not to mention the people who changed Ursula K. Le Guin's dark-skinned Earthsea characters to white characters because "those people" are so hard to work with. And then announced that their version of Earthsea, in which all the women are doormats, was just what Ursula K. Le Guin wanted. SciFi channel has not yet decided whether to air all of the episodes of Stargate SG-1 that have already been filmed, but undoubtedly any unaired episodes will be on the DVD. MGM wants to keep Stargate SG-1 alive, but the SciFi Channel says no, and evidently their contract allows them to prevent the show from continuing on another network.

On TV in September

Friday, September 8
    Stargate SG-1 "Memento Mori" by Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie
    Stargate Atlantis "McKay and Mrs Miller" by Martin Gero

Friday, September 15
    Stargate SG-1 "Quest I" by Alan McCullough
    Stargate Atlantis "Phantoms" by Martin Gero

Friday, September 22
    Stargate SG-1 "Company of Thieves" by Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie
    Stargate Atlantis "The Return I" by Martin Gero

Friday, September 29
    Stargate SG-1 "Quest II" by Paul Mullie
    Stargate Atlantis "The Return II"

Copyright © 2006 Rick Norwood

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

There's something wrong with this info. According to SciFi.com's September schedule, there's Quest pt. 1 on September 22nd and this is episode 10. Company of Thieves is episode 9 and airs September 15th. On September 29th Skiffy has Doctor Who scheduled.
    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

There's something wrong with this info. According to SciFi.com's September schedule, there's Quest pt. 1 on September 22nd and this is episode 10. Company of Thieves is episode 9 and airs September 15th. On September 29th Skiffy has Doctor Who scheduled.
      Yes, and they mixed up Company of Thieves with Quest 1.
      For a moment there I thought the world went mad while I was asleep.

SciFi channel has not yet decided whether to air all of the episodes of Stargate SG-1 that have already been filmed
      What? Since when...?

Not to mention the people who changed Ursula K. Le Guin's dark-skinned Earthsea characters to white characters because "those people" are so hard to work with.
      Okay, based on the two last comments I'm not sure how much to believe that one, but they did that...? *Pitry wanders off, wondering how dumb can one channel be.*
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
        SciFi channel has not yet decided whether to air all of the episodes of Stargate SG-1 that have already been filmed, but undoubtedly any unaired episodes will be on the DVD.

Morjana
        Can this be verified somehow? If they refuse to air the back half of the season, I will quit SciFi for good. I won't even bother with SGA or BSG simply because of the way Skiffy treats its viewers. Jerks.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I think I'll wait and see, because I don't think Skiffy is that stupid to air Quest 1, then COT, and then Quest 2.

Whats up with that?

Plus I thought Quest 1 was going to be the cliffhanger?
          I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

That schedule's screwed seriously. And if they choose not to air the back half of season 10, MAJOR PROTEST!!!! I would hate Scifi forever.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

This better not be true.

Comment

Quest 2? Return 2? i thought that was after the hiatus.

Comment

Originally posted by rokentsu
                  Quest 2? Return 2? i thought that was after the hiatus.
                  And I suppose they will be aired after the hiatus. This site is obviously wrong with the info on SciFi's Septembe schedule.
                  T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                    This better not be true.
                    If that is somehow true, Sci-Fi and all the people in charge there can seriously go to hell. I will never watch that channel again. Ever!
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Get ready with your popcorn boys and girls, because in October SciFi is bringing us BSG at 9:00 p.m. followed by riveting reruns of Threshold at 10:00!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

OK, I just got off the phone with N. John Smith's production assistant, and as of right now, they are beginning primary filming of the third to last episode. I'm going to be doing my walk on, on the next to last episode, to be called Dominion. She says it's a great story, and that the last episode is still not quite ready. She has no idea what it's title is or what it is about. I'll be getting the details on Dominion at the end of the week. She also added that the entire cast and crew are not giving up, and they want an 11th year.....they are still working very hard on it, so please, keep writing.

Anyway, 2 weeks from today, I'll be back in Vancouver, on set and filming. There is a possiblity that Atlantis will be spending almost that entire week on location, so I might not get a chance to meet the crew, or perhaps they can arrange for me to go on location for a day. I hope so, as I would love to meet everyone from the Atlantis cast.

Anyway, that's about it. I can't believe any of this is happening. When I "arranged" for the walk on, I truly thought that there would be several more seasons of SG-1, after season 10. I consider myself very, very lucky to have this opportunity, and I thank N. John Smith for making it possible.

I know I'll be allowed to take pics on the set, but I'm also certain I'll have to sign a waiver not to post them, but if anything exciting comes up, you'll be the first to know. Wish me luck.....I really don't want to make a total fool of myself in front of everyone AND the cameras.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                          Can this be verified somehow? If they refuse to air the back half of the season, I will quit SciFi for good. I won't even bother with SGA or BSG simply because of the way Skiffy treats its viewers. Jerks.
                          I can find out for certain, but from the way Carole was talking about the filming, etc., it sounds like the second half of the season will be aired on SciFI. She said that the writers/producers were given "enough time" to "alter" the remaining scripts, so if they weren't going to be aired, why bother? Of course, with Sciffy, you never know. I'll try and sneak a naquadria bomb off the set, just in case Sciffy needs persuading.
                          Last edited by Lida; 05 September 2006, 11:44 AM.
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                          X