This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ep 1018 - Family ties: (small) spoilers

source (Our Stargate forums): http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/...ate&msg=8505.1
    (if you get the wrong title, search the season 10 section for the thread: "S10 spoilers: Family Ties"

Something with Dr. Lam, and we meet Landry's ex-wife.

there is an other plot too,
    judging the title, maybe it has something to do with Vala/Adria?

From that alone I can predict that this episode will be really hated.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
      From that alone I can predict that this episode will be really hated.
      Why do you say that?

Ace
      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Unlikely, they will probably take 18 19 and 20 and use them as a 3 part finale. And yes, this would be pretty hated, as was much of the Landry/Lam soap operah of S9
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
          Unlikely, they will probably take 18 19 and 20 and use them as a 3 part finale. And yes, this would be pretty hated, as was much of the Landry/Lam soap operah of S9
          Actually I enjoyed Landry/Lam story.
          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan

I did too, it was nice to have some backstory there. However, I also think that if that was a script for 10x18, it'll get changed, unless that's just a small part of the ep. leading into something big, finale-ish
            I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

i'll do this in spoiler tags because i don't know what would be considered a spoiler in what i am about to say:
              Spoiler:
              in episode 17 (i forget what it is called) there is talk of an ori attack on earth, so, i think that episode 18 will be the useual clip show since it is before what i think is a invasion story, and very possibly the last ever SG1 story, so mabye landry has some reason to tell his ex wife what is going on at the SGC, i hope not since i would have liked this type of story to be the revelation of the stargate program to the general public, just some thaughts

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                Why do you say that?

Ace
                Because it's a new episode, and the spoilers are very very sketchy. Duh!

Now come on, there's not enough hatred in this thread! Pile it on everyone! Pile it on!

Comment

I like back stories and character developments as well as seeing interpersonal relationships grow!! They haven't done that in ages since the beginning of season 9 and when they have tried to do it, it has been poor let's hope that if this episode is real then it is a good one!!
                  I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I like backstory and character development as much as the next girl, but man... Three episodes left of the entire series, and they go with an ep idea that focuses (even a tiny bit) on the backstory and arcs of the new characters? Brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                      As did I, I thought it added some much needed background and character to well...the characters.
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Well...I dislike Lam and I hate Landry

If they were gonna do some character stuff, I think Cameron or Vala would be the best characters to use.
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I wonder if family ties - refers to the SG-1 family as a whole.

Especially as Daniel is gone.

Maybe something happens to upset the status quo between the SG-1 members? Something that might mean O'neill may have to come back and sort out?

Just my 2 cents - it cant be all Lam/Landry
                          Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

I`m not the biggest fan of Lam (or Lexa Doig's acting in general but that`s just my opinion) but I quite like Landry. He`s a bit like Hammond was in the early seasons but not quite as gung ho as in the pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon
                              I wonder if family ties - refers to the SG-1 family as a whole.

Especially as Daniel is gone.

Maybe something happens to upset the status quo between the SG-1 members? Something that might mean O'neill may have to come back and sort out?

Just my 2 cents - it cant be all Lam/Landry
                              errrr, Daniel isnt gone.
                              Please check out my Doctor Who forum at http://tardistales.proboards100.com/index.cgi

There are boards for the classic series and new series and much more.

Comment

Working...
                              X