"4400's" ratings down too

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/art...ticle_6980.asp

Snippet:

A fading phenom:
    '4400' finishes down

Season average is half levels of two years ago
    By Toni Fitzgerald
    Aug 30, 2006

Usually there’s a notable reason when a show’s ratings decline sharply over three seasons: an unpopular plotline, the exit of a main character or a timeslot change.

Maybe Colliers abscence for most of the season is to blame? I know I was waiting for him to come back all season (despite knowing he wouldn´t be back til the end )

Comment

The show was renewed for a 4th season but I imagine that it will be the last season with the way the storyline has progressed. Don’t see the need for a 5th, imo.

We watched every Sunday or practically every Sunday…missed 2 or 3 eps there toward the end and had to catch them later, but I followed this season more closely than I did S2 and I didn’t watch S1 at all when it originally aired.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Even if this coming season will be the last, I'll be ok with that. I'm sure it will go out with a bang.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Could it be relevant that the season finale was going up against the Emmy's?

(That wasn't sarcastic.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
            Could it be relevant that the season finale was going up against the Emmy's?

(That wasn't sarcastic.)
            Apparently that was talking about the average for the season, not just the finale.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It seems to me that most shows' ratings go down after a few seasons. Which is why I believe they really should have pre-progammed death dates and not overstay their welcome. Four season is plenty for most series.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Between the absence of Collier and the Isabel character being a whiny screen-time chewing... well, I was glad she had a bad hair day at the end (literally) Season 3 felt kind of off-focus to me. I can't say it was done badly, but it had a sense of sideways drift pulling at it.
                Frak! --Apollo
                Frak you. --Cain
                FRAK Me! --Kat
                frakwit! --Tyrol
                B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

It's probably because of the changes. You know, horrible new characters, dumbing down the show, sidelining the original characters, bad writing and so on. I hear that's the only reason ratings can drop.

Comment

Ratings down or not, like the article says, it wins it's cable slot.
                    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                      Ratings down or not, like the article says, it wins it's cable slot.
                      Well that's good.
                      Frak! --Apollo
                      Frak you. --Cain
                      FRAK Me! --Kat
                      frakwit! --Tyrol
                      B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

They are conparing the ratings from season 1? Season one was a miniseries and not a TV, that's why the ratings were higher then they are now.

That said I thought the third season was complete ****. Gone Part 2 was one of the worst conclusions I have ever seen, truely horid. I skipped half of the season because nothing was going on. It's just a confused mess. I think the 4th season should be it's last and then do another "miniseries" that can be called season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                          It's probably because of the changes. You know, horrible new characters, dumbing down the show, sidelining the original characters, bad writing and so on. I hear that's the only reason ratings can drop.
                          yup.....the only reason.....

Comment

Working...
                          X