Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The BBC please recover SG-1 for more season!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BBC please recover SG-1 for more season!!!!!

The BBC if it can will take again SG61 but sci fi holds right which says that only sci fi can produce SG-1 then do not ésitez has ecrire has the BBC to prove to him that it is a good bargain !!!!!

sites speaking about the business: http://stargateprojectde.h953002.ser...e=news&ID=2161

http://savestargatesg1.com/news/?p=125
    Mitchell: This village as died as a dresser of Texan crudenesses!

I was thinking that a UK based network could take SG-1. Bet the SciFi contract doesn't say anything about networks in another country! We can live in hope! Slim hope, but its there!!!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

There was talk on savestargate site that the BBC was "possibly" interested.

*crossing fingers*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

If they go british, I hope they use some of the british humor in the show as well.
        Also no more "the American way kind of speeches".
        School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
          If they go british, I hope they use some of the british humor in the show as well.
          Also no more "the American way kind of speeches".
          IF, the Stargate Command idea comes to pass, it would be an opportunity to showcase more international cooperation in the Stargate program, and IF the BBC can pick it up, we might be able to keep some of our regs, and introduce some other cool characters!

Comment

Of course even if the BBC brought the rights, they still couldnt show it in the US due to Sci-fi's contract.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

where's the link to this?

cos the Save Stargate site's in a mixture of different languages and I can't find the link.

edit - got it...silly me!
              Last edited by sueKay; 30 August 2006, 12:22 PM.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'm e-mailing the BBC right now, and am flattering them profusely If the BBC decide to pick up SG1 i'll have no quarms in paying double the amount of license fees they charge! I'm going to get as many people I know to email them as well!

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

EDIT: To Ptah

Well then, you guys will just have to wait a little while like everybody else in the world right now.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                    Of course even if the BBC brought the rights, they still couldnt show it in the US due to Sci-fi's contract.
                    But by buying season 11 (and hopefully 12) the contract stipulation would lose its value from a PR point of view and Sci Fi could no more claim to have had the longest american sci fi series. (Although if I come to think Showtime can also claim that, not that seasons 6-10 are their contribution, but they did air seasons 1-5.)
                    School is overrated.

Comment

I think the Sky One pay well for the new seasons. What will happen with them, if the BBC make the new episodes?
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        where's the link to this?

cos the Save Stargate site's in a mixture of different languages and I can't find the link.

edit - got it...silly me!
                        Here is the BBC info:

http://savestargatesg1.com/news/?p=125

That site is getting overwhelmed and its getting difficult to find certain articles.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                          ehm...syndiction?
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu
                            I think the Sky One pay well for the new seasons. What will happen with them, if the BBC make the new episodes?
                            That would be the least of my worries. The one who pays (better) is the one who buys it. (auction, anyone?!)
                            School is overrated.

Comment

Have BBC ever shown Stargate? I've only seen it on Sky One and Channel 4.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                              X