This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - TiVO's Most Recorded Shows week ending 8/27/2006

Fans must have heard the plea to watch SG1/SGA live...

From TiVO:

http://www3.tivo.com/tivo-tco/top25....w25=seasonpass

TiVO Most Recorded Shows

RANK--NAME---------------------PREV....+/-

1.----Desperate Housewives-------1......0
    19.---Eureka--------------------15......-4
    23.---Stargate SG-1-------------22......-1

Most-Recorded shows are from Season Pass rankings based on anonymous, aggregated data, for the week ending 8/27/2006; +/- represent weekly changes in rank.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Interesting. SGA didn't even make the list.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

See, the funny thing about this "live" business is that you can still TiVo the show. I have both times, and I got the password both times. I'm assuming you just can't FF or Rewind... But even then, I'm not sure how they alter your broadcast so you don't get the password for the interviews... Maybe during a commercial?

If no one's tested this before, I'd like to see if you really CAN miss out on the password next week by FF through the commercials at the beginning.

Comment

The numbe rone Tivoed show of 2005-2006 was Commander and Cheif, that's canceled. Then the number one show of the summer to be TIVOed was So You Think You Can Dance? Great company.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
          The numbe rone Tivoed show of 2005-2006 was Commander and Cheif, that's canceled. Then the number one show of the summer to be TIVOed was So You Think You Can Dance? Great company.
          Makes you wonder if there's a viable argument that a Tivo-ed show is a second-choice for watching show. Hmmmm.... cuts both ways doesn't it?
          Frak! --Apollo
          Frak you. --Cain
          FRAK Me! --Kat
          frakwit! --Tyrol
          B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

The numbe rone Tivoed show of 2005-2006 was Commander and Cheif, that's canceled.
            That's kind of the point here. The more a show is tivoed the lower the ratings the higher the probability of getting cancelled. SG-1 gets tivoed by a lot of people, those people aren't watching live and aren't registering for Nielson (except the live + same day, and only if they watch it in the next 24 hours, and even then the channels prefer the live only numbers), thus lower ratings.

Comment

As far as the Nielsen ratings go, Tivo recording wasn't part of the Commander in Chief cancellation equation. Nielsen didn't start including DVR households in their ratings until the beginning of 2006.

Commander in Chief's problem ratings-wise was that it started with really high ratings and declined pretty steeply week after week. Invasion had the same problem.

But the whole "live" vs. "recorded" DVR thing will have more relevance in the next season's ratings than it did last season.

I'm wondering where you got that statistic for Commander in Chief. I would've guessed Desperate Housewives or Lost.

Also, keep in mind that this Tivo ranking is based on the number of subscribers who put a show on their Season Pass list. There are lots of shows from my Season Pass list that the Tivo records but I don't get around to watching. My machine holds 50 hours of TV at a time. I only watch about ten hours a week. Lot's of stuff gets deleted before I watch it.

(Edited to add)

Other thoughts:
              Since this is a ranking, a show may go down the ranking just because more shows got added above it, rather than an people actually taking it off their season pass list.

The purpose of the season pass is to automatically record things for you. I would put something on a season pass just to make sure it gets recorded if I don't get home on time. Even if I was watching live, I still wouldn't delete the season pass.
              Last edited by MediaSavant; 31 August 2006, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X