This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why isn't the sgc fighting

i know some will say that sgc if fighting ori and thatthey fought the Goa'uld.

but look...runing around through sg all across the galaxy and collectig no helpfull tech isn't fighting. the nid got it right...when they disbanded that asgard device on a planet where no one knew how things worked and the nid operative killed the one that managed the device (it was season 4,5 maybe).

i remember one episode (s4 i belive) when daniel and sam went to a planet that was a goa'uld naqadah mine and selmak ringed them on his ship so they went after jack and teal'c...they needed naquadah but were to afraid to put the goa'uld a fight for the mine and this went on and on countless times.

and it's the same with the ori...if you cant fight the ship you can fight their troops...like jaffa in couterstrike. but they are discussing moral issues when they have bigger.

still i like the series but im piseed of sometimes when i see this...what do you think???
    sigpic

I think you are having a bit of a rant....What is your question?

Comment

I think what hes saying (very badly)
      is that we should be NID and just take what we can, fight and yada yada yada.

Now lets see...

Ground battle between SGC troops and Jaffa/Ori....Jaffa/Ori ship appears over planet, blows our ship up if we have one...and then destroys are troops from space....good one...

People with less advanced technology rarely win in a straight forward confront
      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

your awful lol. But I agree, I think we will win through subterfuge and stealth, maybe an aggressive tactic occasionally works out but you keep doing it the losses will far outweigh the gain.

Comment

Why am i awful? :O lol

I agree, the gain wouldnt be worth the loss. Altho, at least we know Daniel would be alive still...the boy just doesnt die

The aggression tactic might work in a hit and run,

SGC storm mine, SGC kill, SGC steal, SGC escape....SGC has cupcakes and Tea to celebrate
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

The day we lose our morality is the day we stop being human.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

lol, what kind of cake....

And that isn't true... About morality........We are just doing what we need to do to stay alive...

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                The day we lose our morality is the day we stop being human.
                You know, people keep saying that. But why are there some many humans with different morals around? Some believe all live is sacred, others believe any means to victory are acceptable. Would you say those people aren't human?
                *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

i belive i made my point clear....why isn't the sgc fighting???

maybe i gave way to much exaples. look....the sgc has sodan cloaks and hologram tech and other goodies. so why do we have them if we're not going to use them???

sga...jumpers have cloaks for a purpose....too take a nuke up the wraith ass (and get out)....

im saying that we should hit them and hit them hard. goa'ulds werent such an allmighty adversary. in the end when they come with ships you retreat but you at leas did something (let say hit the mine with symbiote gas...take the naquadah stockpile and leave through the gate...they wouldn't know who hit them)

morality yada yada yada....you wanna live free or live as a slave/die??
                  as danny said...we're talking about survival.
                  sigpic

Comment

I hope we see some Ori Crusder vs SG-1 action pretty soon. I know they are fighting the 'message' and everything, and that the Crusaders are not evil and don't deserve to die but neither did the Jaffa. There is going to be a lot of situations, I would think, where SG-1 is FORCED to fight these people. I want to see it happening more often.
                    Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                    http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980
                      maybe i gave way to much exaples. look....the sgc has sodan cloaks and hologram tech and other goodies. so why do we have them if we're not going to use them???
                      The Sodan cloak is dangerous for humans to use, and when it's not it allows radioactive mutating worm things enter our dimention. Using holograms like the one's Merlin has would be a nice idea, but since we don't have those there's not much we can do with hologram technology.

sga...jumpers have cloaks for a purpose....too take a nuke up the wraith ass (and get out)....
                      The only time a jumper has been used like that was a suicide mission and meant the jumper was lost.

let say hit the mine with symbiote gas...take the naquadah stockpile and leave through the gate...they wouldn't know who hit them
                      We have our own mine's so we don't need to take goa'uld ones. Plus using the poison means innocent jaffa are killed, something the SGC would want to avoid since they are our allies (even if they do elect one crazy leader after another).
                      "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

i know some will say that sgc if fighting ori and thatthey fought the Goa'uld.

but look...runing around through sg all across the galaxy and collectig no helpfull tech isn't fighting. the nid got it right...when they disbanded that asgard device on a planet where no one knew how things worked and the nid operative killed the one that managed the device (it was season 4,5 maybe).

i remember one episode (s4 i belive) when daniel and sam went to a planet that was a goa'uld naqadah mine and selmak ringed them on his ship so they went after jack and teal'c...they needed naquadah but were to afraid to put the goa'uld a fight for the mine and this went on and on countless times.

and it's the same with the ori...if you cant fight the ship you can fight their troops...like jaffa in couterstrike. but they are discussing moral issues when they have bigger.

still i like the series but im piseed of sometimes when i see this...what do you think???

It's simple. You don't pick a fight with a 6' ,3" bully and his endless supply of of thick necked football players when all you have backing you up are six nerds and a couple of synchronized swimmers. It will not end well for you... particularly since the bullies aren't idiots.

the SG teams fight only when necessary because the last thing they want is to appear as if they are a significant threat. Significant threats garner attention and suddenly there are mother ships sitting in orbit over Earth. At which point it's all over. There is absolutely no point to fighting any battles with the Ori. Winning is not a possibility.

Fighting to the death for no gain might be the Jaffa way, but the SGC wants to keep their planet and the people on it alive and well for as long as possible.
                        Looking for technology to defend themselves is a far more productive use of life and time. People's lives are too valuable to just waste on battles you can't win.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                          It's simple. You don't pick a fight with a 6' ,3" bully and his endless supply of of thick necked football players when all you have backing you up are six nerds and a couple of synchronized swimmers. It will not end well for you... particularly since the bullies aren't idiots.
                          once and for all im not talking about a full scale assult on their positions. you can do something like that only if you have a matching/superior fire power. like the exaple given above...you do not go after a 6'3 bully and his football team with six nerds and a couple of synchronized swimmers...you find a weakness and strike there. the guerilla style.

I'M SAYING THAT ONCE IN A WHILE WE SHOULD SEE A FIGHT OR TWO (HEROS E1,2) IT WOULD THIRLL THE WHOLE THING. OR A SNEAKED ATTACK...I DON'T KNOW...LED BY TEAL'C AND A FEW JAFFA. WOULD BE INTERESTING.

if they are so innocent why are they trying to wipe us out - convert us???
                          sigpic

Comment

i belive i made my point clear....why isn't the sgc fighting???
                            Did you not see Camelot?

If not, watch it and you'll find your answer.

Comment

i did see it, thank you very much

can you tell me now what answer is there?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X