This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J-Men - Am I missing anyone?

I can't shake the feeling that I've missed someone when I made the J-Men banner (see sic). Any tips on additional J-Men appreciated.

For those that don't get it, J-Men refers to the disproportunate number of Sci-Fi lead men whose name begins with the letter J. It's hard to find more then 1 or 2 for every other letter in the alphabet. (Note: This only reffers to the 'captain' type main character on Sci-Fi - not Fantasy - TV series).

Current members:
    John Robinson who is very much lost (Lost in Space - using picture from more recent movie adaptation)
    James T. Kirk who never met a green alien babe he didn't like (Star Trek)
    John Koenig who was on the one show represented that I've never seen (Space 1999)
    Jean-Luc Picard who prefers tea, earl grey, hot to green alien babes (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
    Jeffrey Sinclair who, it appears, had a hole in his mind (Babylon 5)
    John Sheridan who, it would seem, did not have a hole in his mind (Babylon 5)
    Jack O'Neil who needs no further introduction here
    John Crichton who not only went out there, but also out of his mind (Farscape)
    John Doggett who didn't believe (X-Files)
    Jonathan Archer who's doing everything again for the first time in the ST universe (Enterprise)
    Jeremiah who survived the 'Big Death' but will he survive the even more onerous shadow of 'cancellation' (Jeremiah (Showtime))
    And John Sheppard who's just getting started.
    Last edited by ibwolf; 20 August 2004, 06:46 AM.

There's John Doggett, but I don't think that really counts.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
      There's John Doggett, but I don't think that really counts.
      Actually, yes, that does count. Thanks for reminding me (or not, I've tried to suppress that part of the X-files )

Comment

If you want to go way way back, there's always John Robinson from "Lost in Space".

I'll throw in another now that I think about it. Martin Landau played Commander John Koeing in "Space 1999". Who knows, maybe I'll think of a few more obscure references for you.
        Last edited by Larry; 19 August 2004, 09:46 AM.
        Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
        O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
        O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

And John Bobbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry
            If you want to go way way back, there's always John Robinson from "Lost in Space".

I'll throw in another now that I think about it. Martin Landau played Commander John Koeing in "Space 1999". Who knows, maybe I'll think of a few more obscure references for you.
            I'll have to think about those

Originally posted by aschen
            And John Bobbit.
            Never heard of him. What show was he on?

Comment

Omg I didn't notice you aren't in the US. That was a realy bad joke. I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                Omg I didn't notice you aren't in the US. That was a realy bad joke. I'm sorry.
                If you meant who I (now) think you mean, then, yes, that was a really bad joke

Comment

Ok, I've added John Robinson and John Koenig. I did cheat about with Robinson by using a picture from the much more recent movie. Same character, just different actors Since this is my thing I get to make up the rules

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
                    Ok, I've added John Robinson and John Koenig. I did cheat about with Robinson by using a picture from the much more recent movie. Same character, just different actors Since this is my thing I get to make up the rules
                    Well it may not be much to anyone else but I think it is pretty cool and I definitely enjoyed that stroll down memory lane with the *J-men* thanks
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      Well it may not be much to anyone else but I think it is pretty cool and I definitely enjoyed that stroll down memory lane with the *J-men* thanks
                      I aim to please

I hope I've gotten everyone now as I've flat run out of space (without having two tiers). I've also added everyones name to the banner.

Comment

John Matheson, that´s the name of the second in command in Crusade

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                          John Matheson, that´s the name of the second in command in Crusade
                          The key there being 'second in command'. The captain's name is Matthew Gideon

Comment

Ya know, this bar takes up half my screen and im running at 1280x1024

Comment

It falls well within the guidelines set by this forum.
                              1. Remember that the forum is rated PG. Do not include inappropriate (or borderline) images or links in your signature.

2. If you use an image in your signature, it must reside on a server somewhere on the Internet -- and you must have permission to use it.

3. The total file size of all images in your signature may not exceed 15KB.

4. Your signature's width must not be so wide that it stretches beyond the forum template. It also may not be more than about 200 pixels tall. Remember, less is more! Your signature usually shouldn't dominate your post.
                              1. N/A

2. It's on my server. As for copyright I'm no different then most here.

3. The image size is under 15KB

4. It's narrow enough not to stretch and only 75 pixels high (as opposed to the maximum 200). I've still got 125 pixels left in that regard.

aschen: Your signature picture + text is about about 150 pixels in height and is therfor taking up much more space (double)

Edit: A little bit of math reveals that on a system with 1280 by 1024 res my sig pic takes up exactly 4,12% of the total screen real estate. Not half

Comment

Working...
                              X