This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Weapon Idea - counterstrike spoilers

I was thinking today, actually in church of all places and I thought of a weapon SG-1 could use against the Ori.

Spoiler:
    The Dakara weapon is similar to the replicator weapon that O’Neil built, and was used to defeat the replicators. The Dakara weapon successfully kills the Ori's army. Now what if the disrupter could be modified to act like the Dakara weapon from Counterstrike, and then adapt it on the Odyssey. The weapon wouldn't be too powerful and destroy an entire planet's inhabitants, but could be aimed at an Ori ship
    sigpic

Originally posted by Daedalus-304
    I was thinking today, actually in church of all places and I thought of a weapon SG-1 could use against the Ori.

Spoiler:
    The Dakara weapon is similar to the replicator weapon that O’Neil built, and was used to defeat the replicators. The Dakara weapon successfully kills the Ori's army. Now what if the disrupter could be modified to act like the Dakara weapon from Counterstrike, and then adapt it on the Odyssey. The weapon wouldn't be too powerful and destroy an entire planet's inhabitants, but could be aimed at an Ori ship
    Sorry to easy ...LOL you need to find something that would be hard to build , or something that SG-1 would never use .. LOL , J/K ... Its a great idea , i just dont see SG-C using a weapon like that against there enemies ...

Comment

Unfortunately the disruptor has no stone-console to go with it.

Comment

setting up a suitable control interface, power supply, and reverse-engineered model would certainly be tough. possibly even impossible - we don't know what jack had to use thats not in our galaxy to get that effect. and so far only the asgard and ancients seem to have such tech.
        Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

I started a thread like this a while ago. Here's the URL:
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=30454

To sum up, we had a few different ideas, based on how you configure the weapon:

A) Pure disentegrator weapon, capable of damaging anything.

B) Neural disruptor gun, to cause pain and/or unconsciousness.

C) Anti-Prior gun?

And now...
          D) Flesh disintegrator! (I like this one best of all!)
          Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
            Sorry to easy ...LOL you need to find something that would be hard to build , or something that SG-1 would never use .. LOL , J/K ... Its a great idea , i just dont see SG-C using a weapon like that against there enemies ...
            Although using a weapon like this would seem wrong; what would be the difference in using his weapon to wipe out everyone on the ship and finding a weapon powerful enough to destroy a ship? In both they would all be killed.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304

Spoiler:
              the effectiveness of the dakara weapon against Ori shields is still unknown

Comment

the only problem with any of these ideas is that 2 episodes after the weapon's developed, the Ori would have found a way to counteract the weapon.

Comment

lmao.... never would work... The disrupter was ment to disrupt... the Dakara was ment to do alot. like Gvie life and destroy life, program the right frequency, and you destroy the replicater life
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

well the weapon probably wouldnt be able to make life but could probably be calibrated to kill other forms of life. but i wouldnt like the flesh disintigrater, if someone was targeted and jumps aside and their arm is hit youd have an armless guy running around squirting blood everywhere >,<
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

They could release Yuri from the vault and have him help build a weapon.

http://www.sg.hu/kep/2001_06/yuris_r...cdominator.jpg
                      http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/...yuriscrn10.jpg

Comment

i rather have the ori ships be destroyed by a bombardment from a thousand ships' weapons

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                          well the weapon probably wouldnt be able to make life but could probably be calibrated to kill other forms of life. but i wouldnt like the flesh disintigrater, if someone was targeted and jumps aside and their arm is hit youd have an armless guy running around squirting blood everywhere >,<
                          How is that any worse than people spurting blood when shot by a P90?

In real life, a P90 would cut a man in half, instead of just making them fall over dead.

The writers would probably just say that the weapon cauterizes the wound, to de-gore it.
                          Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Hmm I figured someone else had come up with this idea when I thought of it. The disruptor would definitely have uses as an anti-Prior gun.
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                              They could release Yuri from the vault and have him help build a weapon.

http://www.sg.hu/kep/2001_06/yuris_r...cdominator.jpg
                              http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/...yuriscrn10.jpg
                              lol i got that game, well the hand held would make a useful weapon that wont drasticaly turn the tides of the war. but the down side is the bulkyness and your hand is stuck in it and you really only have one hand to use.
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                              X