This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori-ship Powersource

Is it just me, or did the power source for the Ori ship look a lot like a blackhole covered in one of those fancy energy-absorbing shields? It would explain why the shields of the ship are so ridiculously strong...

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Thats a good idea, but can you drag a blackhole around the universe, or a micro-singularity? I think that may be the only flaw to that idea.

Comment

i thought it might be something like the power source in romulan warbirds in star trek tng onwards they use an artificial quantum singularity , creating something like that would be fairy easy for the ori

Comment

Originally posted by hungrytrash
        Is it just me, or did the power source for the Ori ship look a lot like a blackhole covered in one of those fancy energy-absorbing shields? It would explain why the shields of the ship are so ridiculously strong...
        I believe the Ori Warship power generator is a working version of Project Arcturus which by the way "would explain why the shields of the ship are so ridiculously strong". I took screenshots of both the Ori Warship power generator and Project Arcturus to help compare the two:
        Spoiler:

Hope this helps.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity
          I believe the Ori Warship power generator is a working version of Project Arcturus which by the way "would explain why the shields of the ship are so ridiculously strong". I took screenshots of both the Ori Warship power generator and Project Arcturus to help compare the two:
          Spoiler:

Hope this helps.
          i agree

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150
            i thought it might be something like the power source in romulan warbirds in star trek tng onwards they use an artificial quantum singularity , creating something like that would be fairy easy for the ori
            That reminds me of 200...
            Spoiler:
            STAR TREK SEQUENCE

Sam: The singularity is about to explode?
            Yes..
            Everything about that statement is wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Tekin_Kashami
              That reminds me of 200...
              Spoiler:
              STAR TREK SEQUENCE

Sam: The singularity is about to explode?
              Yes..
              Everything about that statement is wrong!
              Nah they just reversed the polarity of the neutron flow LMAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni
                Nah they just reversed the polarity of the neutron flow LMAO!!!
                On the other hand, the Ori regularly perform "bloody miracle(s)." So, maybe there is some way to create something that entirely defies Stargate cannon and the known laws of physics. It's season 10! They can do that now.

Comment

I don't what the Ori powersource is exactly, but I do know it looks pretty damn cool. TPTB never fail in creating spectacular things for us to look at.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hmm, yeh that's is an issue that TPTB need to get into if the show lives on!!

Over the years they have gone so much into the goa'uld ships and now they need to go into the Ori ships!!
                    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                      Hmm, yeh that's is an issue that TPTB need to get into if the show lives on!!

Over the years they have gone so much into the goa'uld ships and now they need to go into the Ori ships!!
                      If they get the chance, I'm sure they will. IMO though, so far, I'm loving the designs of the inside of the Ori vessels. Very cool and sleek.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

If it is a black hole in a shield... that would be one friggin awesome self destruct.

Comment

If it is a black hole in a shield... that would be one friggin awesome self destruct.
                          You can say that again.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

On the other hand, the Ori regularly perform "bloody miracle(s)." So, maybe there is some way to create something that entirely defies Stargate cannon and the known laws of physics. It's season 10! They can do that now.
                            There are no laws in physics, only the assumed definition upon preceived results.

For all we know E could turn out to be MC^3 in a few years...

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni
                              There are no laws in physics, only the assumed definition upon preceived results.

For all we know E could turn out to be MC^3 in a few years...
                              There are laws of physics, we just don't know them. Unless you're suggesting the proportional energy of a nuclear reaction will change...

Comment

Working...
                              X